Teacher Suspended for Telling Student "[then] go back to Mexico"

Texas? The kid probably thought he was in Mexico...

SBmap648.gif

Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

Mexico annexing California
would be a good idea
:eusa_whistle:
Just as the expected huge Earthquake happens and that cesspool breaks off the map from the rest of us.

As long as you don't come to CA on your presidential campaign tour, we can avoid being a cesspool.

As for this teacher, leave it to Texas to suspend and maybe fire a good teacher for speaking the truth.

It's pretty unprofessional to let a kid get under your skin like that, but I don't think she needs to be terminated for this. However, in Texas, that sort of thing just isn't going to fly.

I wonder where her teachers union is at? Probably cowering under a desk somewhere ...

Considering the large number of illegal aliens and other immigrants who do not embrace America, how it is possible not to let it get under your skin when you deal with it every freaking day? I can't blame anyone for getting to their limit of the amount of crap they can take. If the kid doesn't want to be American, I am guessing he gets the attitude at home. They sure as hell don't have to be here and we don't owe them squat.
It's called "professionalism." If one cannot handle the challenges one encounters in his line of work, perhaps he should consider a new one.

Legal immigration is what the issue should be. If one cannot handle the challenges of assimilating to a new country, perhaps they should consider a new, or old, country to live in.

Dealing with illegal or non-compliant foreigners in the class room is not what teachers signed up for. They are dealing with anti-American attitudes and non-English speaking or reading students, who seem to cling to their own country. This student rudely kept stating he was Mexican, as opposed to being an American. If he or anyone else comes here and makes demands, then they can go back home. Obviously the kid isn't willing to assimilate and does not wish to consider himself an American. There are many like that and it's quite reasonable to ask what the hell they are doing here if they have such a distaste for our culture. Fit in or f**k off. We don't owe them crap and they've no right to make demands on our country or on already overworked teachers. Just teaching children the basics is a tough job, but throwing in unreasonable demands make their job impossible.

Being professional is not defined by taking crap from anyone and everyone. I think she is more professional for telling the student what he needed to be told. If you insist you are Mexican and not American, then go back there if you aren't willing to fit in here. It's up to people to adapt to the country they are in, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Considering the large number of illegal aliens and other immigrants who do not embrace America, how it is possible not to let it get under your skin when you deal with it every freaking day? I can't blame anyone for getting to their limit of the amount of crap they can take. If the kid doesn't want to be American, I am guessing he gets the attitude at home. They sure as hell don't have to be here and we don't owe them squat.
It's called "professionalism." If one cannot handle the challenges one encounters in his line of work, perhaps he should consider a new one.

Legal immigration is what the issue should be. If one cannot handle the challenges of assimilating to a new country, perhaps they should consider a new, or old, country to live in.

Dealing with illegal or non-compliant foreigners in the class room is not what teachers signed up for. They are dealing with anti-American attitudes and non-English speaking or reading students, who seem to cling to their own country. This student rudely kept stating he was Mexican, as opposed to being an American. If he or anyone else comes here and makes demands, then they can go back home. Obviously the kid isn't willing to assimilate and does not wish to consider himself an American. There are many like that and it's quite reasonable to ask what the hell they are doing here if they have such a distaste for our culture. Fit in or f**k off. We don't owe them crap and they've no right to make demands on our country or on already overworked teachers. Just teaching children the basics is a tough job, but throwing in unreasonable demands make their job impossible.

Being professional is not defined by taking crap from anyone and everyone. I think she is more professional for telling the student what he needed to be told. If you insist you are Mexican and not American, then go back there if you aren't willing to fit in here. It's up to people to adapt to the country they are in, not the other way around.
What they "signed up for" and what I pay them to do is to deal with children without losing their temper. Illegal immigration is beside the point. It doesn't give a teacher the right to lose his composure in the classroom. In other words, two wrongs don't make a right.

Asking a person to act professionally is hardly unreasonable. As far as I know, it is presumed.

It's pretty unprofessional to let a kid get under your skin like that, but I don't think she needs to be terminated for this. However, in Texas, that sort of thing just isn't going to fly.

I wonder where her teachers union is at? Probably cowering under a desk somewhere ...

probably disempowered by the republican governor.

Dumb White Liberals. Been kissing this spoiled little wanker's ass all his life. He was shocked someone actually laid some reality on him. But i'm sure the dumb White Liberals at that school will be there to coddle the poor baby through this very trying time. Keep the Teacher, get rid of the little bastard.

On a side note: This woman is a two-time Teacher of the Year winner. Yeah, keep the teacher dump the little shit.

Dumb White Liberals. Been kissing this spoiled little wanker's ass all his life. He was shocked someone actually laid some reality on him. But i'm sure the dumb White Liberals at that school will be there to coddle the poor baby through this very trying time. Keep the Teacher, get rid of the little bastard.

How funny. Who knew Texas was the land of white liberals?
Dumb I see tho.

The teacher should've been more professional, whether the child is Mexican or not has nothing to do with it. If it would've been a child of Asian descent, no negative comments would've been made. Mexicans are always seen in a bad manner. For example the whole "they take our jobs" thing, they do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. Most take the easy way and get unemployment. And as for welfare issues, not all Mexicans use it not even most of them. Who do you see living on the streets, the higher percentage are whites and African Americans, and what does your so called nation do about it, NOTHING. Mexicans would rather have a minimum wage job, but at least they find a way to make money for their family. When homeless people take a kick out of simply asking for money like it grows on trees. All these ignorant comments of Mexicans or Hispanics are bogus. If you're gonna talk about "illegal immigrants" than talk about everyone. Even Americans are immigrants, no one originated here, they all came from Europe and kicked out the Indians that we're already here. People really need to get their ignorant brains out of their ass and learn to respect everyone, just because they're human not because of where they came from.

On a side note: This woman is a two-time Teacher of the Year winner. Yeah, keep the teacher dump the little shit.

The math teacher was later reinstated by trustees after a closed hearing and she explained that she thought she meant 'Go to the office' instead of the offensive remark that actually came out of her mouth. Perhaps she got a pass because of her seniority and "superlative" performance appraisals but she was subjected to sensitivity training.

The teacher lost her cool and apparently she knew she had, too.

It happens.

No big deal.

I totally side with the teacher in this case. The kid seems to think that the school, maybe even the country, should bend over backwards to accomodate him. He wanted forms in Spanish and kept shouting that he is Mexican, so the teacher finally responded to his rude demands by saying "Then go back to Mexico." Where does this kid, or any kid, get off treating a teacher with such disrespect? It's bull that this teacher might lose her job for echoing a sentiment many have.

This is America. If the kid was born here, he should know some English. Of course, illegals often can't teach their kids English before making them a problem for the teachers. I know we offer welfare forms and every other form in other languages, which is ridiculous because legal immigrants usually learn our language.

The kid should have been sent to the principal's office for being so mouthy, instead the teacher is in trouble because she was politically incorrect.

Texas Teacher Suspended for Telling Student: ‘Go Back to Mexico’ | Stand With Arizona

First of all, we only have the account in this report of course. That's hardly all the facts.

That being said, I believe it was inappropriate for the teacher to lose her temper and respond as she did. But this certainly doesn't warrant a firing, at most a warning and some counseling. What the teacher should have done is send the disruptive student to the principal for discilinary action.

As for the student, his behavior is inapproriate and he should be disciplined.

For the rest, there is in my eyes absolutely no reason why there should be forms in Spanish. People who intend to graduate from high school should know English. Otherwise they should not graduate. Period.

"I totally side with the teacher in this case. The kid seems to think that the school, maybe even the country, should bend over backwards to accomodate him. He wanted forms in Spanish and kept shouting that he is Mexican, so the teacher finally responded to his rude demands by saying "Then go back to Mexico.""

I totally side with the teacher's frustration with the coddled bully, but rather than the teacher saying, "go back to Mexico" she should have instead told him to "go to the principles office NOW!!!

She would have saved herself much grief. We do have to deal with the cards we have dealt ourselves.....

So, personal responsibility should only apply to the student, who is a minor. And the teacher, who is a payed adult and supposed to be a 'professional' is excused for a childish, derisive and emotional outburst.

Got it!

The teacher was reinstated. I'm sure she told the school board; "I know you are, but what am I"?

The teacher should've been more professional, whether the child is Mexican or not has nothing to do with it. If it would've been a child of Asian descent, no negative comments would've been made. Mexicans are always seen in a bad manner. For example the whole "they take our jobs" thing, they do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. Most take the easy way and get unemployment. And as for welfare issues, not all Mexicans use it not even most of them. Who do you see living on the streets, the higher percentage are whites and African Americans, and what does your so called nation do about it, NOTHING. Mexicans would rather have a minimum wage job, but at least they find a way to make money for their family. When homeless people take a kick out of simply asking for money like it grows on trees. All these ignorant comments of Mexicans or Hispanics are bogus. If you're gonna talk about "illegal immigrants" than talk about everyone. Even Americans are immigrants, no one originated here, they all came from Europe and kicked out the Indians that we're already here. People really need to get their ignorant brains out of their ass and learn to respect everyone, just because they're human not because of where they came from.

Oh look, a new La Raza apologist has arrived. Now go fuck yourself.

I totally side with the teacher in this case.

Then you’re as wrong as the teacher.

ARLINGTON, Texas – A two-time “Teacher of the Year” in Arlington is now fighting to keep her job after allegedly telling a Hispanic student to “Go back to Mexico.” Barnett Junior High School math teacher Shirley Bunn has 24 years of teaching experience. But her career could end with what she called a moment of frustration. Bunn admitted she lost her temper on Sept. 30 while distributing Title 1 forms to her eighth grade students.

Teachers have department heads, vice principals, deans of students, etc; she should have simply referred the disruptive student accordingly if she was unable to accommodate his request.

As a professional it’s her responsibility to keep her cool and act in an appropriate manner.

So the kid can go all apeshit in the classroom and the teacher has to just sit there and take it? Bullshit! Teachers don't get paid enough to deal with some of the slimeball spawn that attend our schools.

I totally side with the teacher in this case.

Then you’re as wrong as the teacher.

ARLINGTON, Texas – A two-time “Teacher of the Year” in Arlington is now fighting to keep her job after allegedly telling a Hispanic student to “Go back to Mexico.” Barnett Junior High School math teacher Shirley Bunn has 24 years of teaching experience. But her career could end with what she called a moment of frustration. Bunn admitted she lost her temper on Sept. 30 while distributing Title 1 forms to her eighth grade students.

Teachers have department heads, vice principals, deans of students, etc; she should have simply referred the disruptive student accordingly if she was unable to accommodate his request.

As a professional it’s her responsibility to keep her cool and act in an appropriate manner.

So the kid can go all apeshit in the classroom and the teacher has to just sit there and take it? Bullshit! Teachers don't get paid enough to deal with some of the slimeball spawn that attend our schools.

Then the teacher should take her own advice. Move to a different job.

BTW, Shirley Bunn is a union teacher. I guess the right's racism trumps their hatred of unions.

Forum List

Back