Tea Party Plummeting

Screamin' Howie Dean?

Seriously?

So you admit you got nothing to backup the 60% claim...

Thanks, I figured as much....

Politics is an interesting "profession" with a wide array of approaches to swaying voters for (or against) one side or the other of any debate.

A. Some people use facts and figures that are accurate. I've found that Dean is pretty scrupulous in that regard. That's one of the reasons I like them.

B. Some people use accurate facts and figures but twist them in ways that essentially does more to distort the truth than reveal the truth. A lot of politicians fall into this category.

C. Some people use wholly innacurate "information" (disinformation, really) that they find somewhere and then repeat it. Michele Bachmann was guilty of that when she regurgitated inaccurate information that she found on some website which gave a wholly exaggerated estimation (along with false information) about the cost of one of Obama's overseas trips and how many US warships were in attendance. As I recall, the website wasn't even an American one.

D. Some people (again, like Bachmann) say things that they KNOW to be untrue. For example, on the campaign trail, Bachmann has repeatedly said that Obama has racked up more debt than all other presidents combined. Even when she was informed by aides that the statement was not true, she continues, to this day, to make the claim. That fact alone makes a mockery out of her claim to be a moral and honest candidate because it's one thing to unwittingly make an inaccurate statement, but it's another thing altogether to continue to make that statement after you've been informed that it isn't true. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Bachmann has such a high turnover with her staff.

D. Some people just make shit up out of whole cloth. Conservative talk radio hosts fit neatly into that category.

Voters Still Express More Confidence in Tea Party Than in Congress - Rasmussen Reports™

Maybe you should have read the actual poll.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of all Likely U.S. Voters believe the average member of the Tea Party has a better understanding of the problems America faces today, while 34% think the average member of Congress is more clued in. Twenty-four percent (24%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Still, that marks a 10-point drop in confidence in the Tea Party from March of last year when 52% felt the average member of the grass roots smaller government group had a better understanding of America’s problems. But the new findings aren’t a big boost of confidence in Congress since there’s been only a slight increase from the 30% in March 2010 who thought the average congressman had a better feel for the nation’s problems.

Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats, however, have more confidence in the average member of Congress. But 68% of Republicans - and a plurality (46%) of voters not affiliated with either major party – think the average Tea Party member has a better understanding of today’s problems.

Just 36% of all voters now have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party which has come under fire from President Obama and congressional Democrats for pressuring Republicans into rejecting any tax increases as part of the recent deal to raise the federal debt ceiling. Forty-four percent (44%) view the Tea Party unfavorably, while 20% are not sure what they think of the group.

The TP is losing steam. They are losing their "outsider" brand.

It was destined to happen and the goofy cries of "Washington was more fundamentally broken then I could have ever imagined!" just sound idiotic.

Politics is an interesting "profession" with a wide array of approaches to swaying voters for (or against) one side or the other of any debate.

A. Some people use facts and figures that are accurate. I've found that Dean is pretty scrupulous in that regard. That's one of the reasons I like them.

B. Some people use accurate facts and figures but twist them in ways that essentially does more to distort the truth than reveal the truth. A lot of politicians fall into this category.

C. Some people use wholly innacurate "information" (disinformation, really) that they find somewhere and then repeat it. Michele Bachmann was guilty of that when she regurgitated inaccurate information that she found on some website which gave a wholly exaggerated estimation (along with false information) about the cost of one of Obama's overseas trips and how many US warships were in attendance. As I recall, the website wasn't even an American one.

D. Some people (again, like Bachmann) say things that they KNOW to be untrue. For example, on the campaign trail, Bachmann has repeatedly said that Obama has racked up more debt than all other presidents combined. Even when she was informed by aides that the statement was not true, she continues, to this day, to make the claim. That fact alone makes a mockery out of her claim to be a moral and honest candidate because it's one thing to unwittingly make an inaccurate statement, but it's another thing altogether to continue to make that statement after you've been informed that it isn't true. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Bachmann has such a high turnover with her staff.

D. Some people just make shit up out of whole cloth. Conservative talk radio hosts fit neatly into that category.

Voters Still Express More Confidence in Tea Party Than in Congress - Rasmussen Reports™

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of all Likely U.S. Voters believe the average member of the Tea Party has a better understanding of the problems America faces today, while 34% think the average member of Congress is more clued in. Twenty-four percent (24%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Still, that marks a 10-point drop in confidence in the Tea Party from March of last year when 52% felt the average member of the grass roots smaller government group had a better understanding of America’s problems. But the new findings aren’t a big boost of confidence in Congress since there’s been only a slight increase from the 30% in March 2010 who thought the average congressman had a better feel for the nation’s problems.

Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats, however, have more confidence in the average member of Congress. But 68% of Republicans - and a plurality (46%) of voters not affiliated with either major party – think the average Tea Party member has a better understanding of today’s problems.

Just 36% of all voters now have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party which has come under fire from President Obama and congressional Democrats for pressuring Republicans into rejecting any tax increases as part of the recent deal to raise the federal debt ceiling. Forty-four percent (44%) view the Tea Party unfavorably, while 20% are not sure what they think of the group.

It was destined to happen and the goofy cries of "Washington was more fundamentally broken then I could have ever imagined!" just sound idiotic.

The liberal MSM has a role in what is happening....I mean they talk about all those violent terrorist racists and all. There are enough dumb people who actually believe that, G.

The liberal MSM has a role in what is happening....I mean they talk about all those violent terrorist racists and all. There are enough dumb people who actually believe that, G.

Frankly, I think that's a cop out.

The TP came to town as the outsiders. That gig is only going to last so long. Eventually you are seen as the establishment. It's just the nature of the best. I think this completely unnecessary debt ceiling crisis has hastened that. I don't think the TP came out looking good in the whole deal. In fact, I think they looked reckless and irresponsible. S&P indicated that failing to raise the debt ceiling would have been a disaster and caused us to be downgraded even more so then we were.

Blaming the MSM is an old dog that cons use. I think it causes you to miss the big picture. The American people are smart enough to realize that being obstinate at this point in time isn't the answer. The TP comes across as obstinate.

Furthermore, in fairness, you have Boehner (not the TP admittedly) gloating about getting 98% of what he wanted in this compromise and the DEMS got shafted and folded up like a cheap tent from Sears. Then the damn thing exploded anyways.

Kind of hard for Boehner to pass the buck on the matter after that.

I don't think it's the MSM. I think the American people just saw through the whole ordeal, to include the smoke and mirrors.

The Tea Party losing steam, because they are losing the outside brand. Funny.

The insiders are fighting spending cuts and balanced budgets. The Tea Party is staying the course.

Basically the lower approval ratings are just insiders getting ticked by the outsiders and their success.

I am optimistic that the American public has finally come awake.
The T Party latched onto the credit rating downgrade by Standard and Poors full steam.
T Party holds that new rating as credible and Standard and Poors as a credible agency to listen to.
And anyone that believes that would buy ocean front property in Macon, Ga.

The T Party latched onto the credit rating downgrade by Standard and Poors full steam.
T Party holds that new rating as credible and Standard and Poors as a credible agency to listen to.

Republicans/democrats/independents FAIL to realize that the ONLY bi-partisan group in this country today--is the TEA PARTY MOVEMENT.

40% or 4 in 10 members are DEMOCRATS and INDEPENDENTS.

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

Well --then these people are red neck racist--as Keith Olbermann stated--there is "no" color in this crowd.

You might want to take a look at the Tea Parties different "Colors" many of them guest speakers at rally's.

Response to Olbermann: "People of color" at Tea Parties - YouTube

BLAMING the Tea Party in this country for the S & P downgrade is like blaming the Betty Ford Foundation for alcoholism.

It has been them that have been out there for 2-1/2 years warning of this oncoming train wreck of Federal Government borrowing and spending. Liberals will NEVER like us--so they attack--Rino Republicans do not like us--so they will attack. We have been called everything in the book including Nazi's--terrorists--and our best compliment of all from Rino John McCain--"Hobbits rising up from middle earth to defeat Mordor." Everyone knows that in the Lord of the Rings epic--the ONLY ones you could trust with the ring--aka the Power--were Hobbits.

So I gladly take on the name of Hobbit.

Last edited:

The insiders are fighting spending cuts and balanced budgets. The Tea Party is staying the course.

Basically the lower approval ratings are just insiders getting ticked by the outsiders and their success.

Oh, this was a poll of "insiders"?

I don't think so.

Oh, this was a poll of "insiders"?

I don't think so.

So by the definitions used on this thread, you think the Tea Party voted against themselves huh?

Recognizing demographical dzta, avory, is not racist. You are racist for suggesting that recognizing reality is racist. What a moron.

No, it's that you gleefully latch on to that "recognition" and spread the hate while you're in fact very wrong.

I am very right, and you, my little racist, are running for cover.

You can run, while the rest of us know you are done.

New CNN poll, just out:

11blq2x.png

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/09/poll.aug9.pdf

Why do you libs hate America so much?

[/sarcasm]

Screamin' Howie Dean?

Seriously?

So you admit you got nothing to backup the 60% claim...

Thanks, I figured as much....

Voters Still Express More Confidence in Tea Party Than in Congress - Rasmussen Reports™:lol::lol::lol:
They are part of Congress.

The link doesn't go anywhere.
Kinda like Willow Tree.

What about conservative media? Innocent?

What about conservative media? Innocent?

Oh, "Faux News"? :lol:

Well, the old Macon Sheraton's lounge WAS called "The Sand Trap"!

Republicans/democrats/independents FAIL to realize that the ONLY bi-partisan group in this country today--is the TEA PARTY MOVEMENT.

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

That was 4/4/2010, moron.

The country has woken up since then.

That was 4/4/2010, moron.

The country has woken up since then.

Before people figured out the TP was the GOP in Sheep's clothing.

Forum List

Back