Tea Party Plummeting

Harry has to deal with Harry.

The OP is that the Tea Party is plummeting dramtically, and that is a stone cold fact.

Harry has to deal with Harry.

The OP is that the Tea Party is plummeting dramtically, and that is a stone cold fact.

Is this the part where you get up on the ropes and spray the crowd with a beer? :lol:

Wrestling isn't real either Jake.

Your deflections do nothing to mask that the Tea Party is falling dramtically in the estimation of the public, which may or may not hurt the GOP.

GOP leaders would be very smart to start separating themselves from TP clutches.

Your deflections do nothing to mask that the Tea Party is falling dramtically in the estimation of the public, which may or may not hurt the GOP.

GOP leaders would be very smart to start separating themselves from TP clutches.

Just sharing my Stone Cold Steve Austin flashback. :eusa_whistle:

The public didn't like idea of cuts to entitlements. Big surprise there. The Democrats better wake up and make some changes to the programs before we can't afford them at all. Then we got real trouble.

The Tea Party isn't plummeting because of their ideals, the Tea Party is being attacked full force by the Mass Media. People actually believe what some of those (cough, cough) journalists say.

As the 2012 election draws closer, let's see what happens.

Oh and I'd like to know what happened to support from the left for minorities?? :confused:

Your link doesn't say that the Bush tax cuts are responsible for 60% of the deficit...

Got anything else to backup this claim?

One that actually says what you say, if you don't mind...

I first heard the figure of 60% from Howard Dean. I usually check numbers from people I don't know, but over the years I've found that Dean is spot on with his facts and figures. Finding the info myself is proving more difficult, especially since pdf files are not quite as user friendly.

I've got a couple of links.

The US Deficit for 2012 is about $1.1 Trillion

Government Spending Details: Federal State Local for 2012 - Charts

The Bush tax cuts have been estimated to have cost the treasury about $2 Trillion over ten years. However most of those cuts came in the later years.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/121xx/doc12187/ChangesBaselineProjections.pdf

Screamin' Howie Dean?

Seriously?

So you admit you got nothing to backup the 60% claim...

Thanks, I figured as much....

Politics is an interesting "profession" with a wide array of approaches to swaying voters for (or against) one side or the other of any debate.

A. Some people use facts and figures that are accurate. I've found that Dean is pretty scrupulous in that regard. That's one of the reasons I like him.

B. Some people use accurate facts and figures but twist them in ways that essentially does more to distort the truth than reveal the truth. A lot of politicians fall into this category.

C. Some people use wholly innacurate "information" (disinformation, really) that they find somewhere and then repeat it. Michele Bachmann was guilty of that when she regurgitated inaccurate information that she found on some website which gave a wholly exaggerated estimation (along with false information) about the cost of one of Obama's overseas trips and how many US warships were in attendance. As I recall, the website wasn't even an American one.

D. Some people (again, like Bachmann) say things that they KNOW to be untrue. For example, on the campaign trail, Bachmann has repeatedly said that Obama has racked up more debt than all other presidents combined. Even when she was informed by aides that the statement was not true, she continues, to this day, to make the claim. That fact alone makes a mockery out of her claim to be a moral and honest candidate because it's one thing to unwittingly make an inaccurate statement, but it's another thing altogether to continue to make that statement after you've been informed that it isn't true. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Bachmann has such a high turnover with her staff.

D. Some people just make shit up out of whole cloth. Conservative talk radio hosts fit neatly into that category.

Last edited:
The Tea Party isn't plummeting because of their ideals, the Tea Party is being attacked full force by the Mass Media. People actually believe what some of those (cough, cough) journalists say.

Oh and I'd like to know what happened to support from the left for minorities?? :confused:

Yes, the great majority of Americans do not like older, wealthier, whiter Tea Pots telling the younger, not as wealthy but on the move, darker, forward looking Americans, what their future should be.

The Tea Pots are falling because they are out of touch, period, with the rest of America, and the rest of America is not going to let the Tea Pots rule.

Yes, the great majority of Americans do not like older, wealthier, whiter Tea Pots telling the younger, not as wealthy but on the move, darker, forward looking Americans, what their future should be.

The Tea Pots are falling because they are out of touch, period, with the rest of America, and the rest of America is not going to let the Tea Pots rule.

And I guess that makes you a racist... Not shocking really.

Recognizing demographical dzta, avory, is not racist. You are racist for suggesting that recognizing reality is racist. What a moron.

What is amazing is that you put "blacker" rather than "whiter" in your sentance you would have never posted it because that form of bogotry is not accepatble to you.

"Yes, the great majority of Americans do not like older, wealthier, blacker Tea Pots telling the younger, not as wealthy but on the move, lighter, forward looking Americans, what their future should be."

Maybe you can get all these links that prove the tens of millions of TP people are all old and white and more so that they are telling "darker" people what their future *should* be...

You just got owned.

You were owned in the last election Jake. Now the Tea Party ideals are taking hold in Congress. All three ratings agencies for federal debt agree with the Tea Party. Anyone who has run a household budget understands the risks of debt. Stamp your feet all you want. The check book is being taken away and you can't write a check you can't cover with cash. Spoiled children often say they hate their parent when this happens. Parents do it anyways.

New CNN poll, just out:

11blq2x.png

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/09/poll.aug9.pdf

Wow. Thank you for the heads up. I'll anxiously await the referendum on conservative principles next November.

I see another Tea Party thread quickly went to the race card.

It is a shame that Democrats keep drilling this notion that minorities are despised and targeted by millions of people.

I would say that you are successfully getting that into their minds. You can look at the rage around you to determine that your strategy is working.

Happy?

And to add, OP, you do know that there is not a political party called the Tea Party, right? It is everyday Americans (flyover country, I know, you can't relate) that want to see government smaller in scope.

Your title should have been something like "the embracing of conservative principles plummeting" if that is your point.

I first heard the figure of 60% from Howard Dean. I usually check numbers from people I don't know, but over the years I've found that Dean is spot on with his facts and figures. Finding the info myself is proving more difficult, especially since pdf files are not quite as user friendly.

The Bush tax cuts have been estimated to have cost the treasury about $2 Trillion over ten years. However most of those cuts came in the later years.

Screamin' Howie Dean?

Seriously?

Politics is an interesting "profession" with a wide array of approaches to swaying voters for (or against) one side or the other of any debate.

A. Some people use facts and figures that are accurate. I've found that Dean is pretty scrupulous in that regard. That's one of the reasons I like them.

B. Some people use accurate facts and figures but twist them in ways that essentially does more to distort the truth than reveal the truth. A lot of politicians fall into this category.

C. Some people use wholly innacurate "information" (disinformation, really) that they find somewhere and then repeat it. Michele Bachmann was guilty of that when she regurgitated inaccurate information that she found on some website which gave a wholly exaggerated estimation (along with false information) about the cost of one of Obama's overseas trips and how many US warships were in attendance. As I recall, the website wasn't even an American one.

D. Some people (again, like Bachmann) say things that they KNOW to be untrue. For example, on the campaign trail, Bachmann has repeatedly said that Obama has racked up more debt than all other presidents combined. Even when she was informed by aides that the statement was not true, she continues, to this day, to make the claim. That fact alone makes a mockery out of her claim to be a moral and honest candidate because it's one thing to unwittingly make an inaccurate statement, but it's another thing altogether to continue to make that statement after you've been informed that it isn't true. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Bachmann has such a high turnover with her staff.

D. Some people just make shit up out of whole cloth. Conservative talk radio hosts fit neatly into that category.

Voters Still Express More Confidence in Tea Party Than in Congress - Rasmussen Reports™

Screamin' Howie Dean?

Seriously?

A. Some people use facts and figures that are accurate. I've found that Dean is pretty scrupulous in that regard. That's one of the reasons I like them.

Voters Still Express More Confidence in Tea Party Than in Congress - Rasmussen Reports™:lol::lol::lol:

This post is not one of your better posts, Jake, your better than this.

Before January I might have agreed...but she's been out of the news lately, and the Democrat's opinons of her don't change much anyway.

Which is only logical as she is no longer the Speaker of the House.

It looks like the public is going to, in part, assign blame for the credit downgrade to the House. That means that Boeher and the now-associated with it Tea Party are going to catch some of the blow back.

I thought it was distasteful how both sides tried to blame the other for the problem. It looks like the American people weren't fooled into forgetting their civics lessons (the house controls the purse strings).

I also think the Tea Party came across as ignorant of fiscal policy in this whole deal. Clearly failing to raise the debt ceiling would have been a disaster (if you doubt that, read the S&P report).

In truth, I think everyone is just sick of the whole deal. I know I am. It would be nice if we could work together to try and get something meaningful done. I doubt that will happen. However, the American people will not be kind to those who are seen to be obstructing the process.

The cons on this board can act nonchalant about this, but you can beat the GOP is nervous.

Screamin' Howie Dean?

Seriously?

Voters Still Express More Confidence in Tea Party Than in Congress - Rasmussen Reports™

The link doesn't go anywhere.

Forum List

Back