Tea party devotion to rights

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Truthmatters, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    UW poll: Tea Partiers not as concerned with civil liberties

Two-thirds of supporters of the conservative Tea Party movement believe the government should be able to tap people's phone conversations and profile people based on race or religion, according to a new poll from the University of Washington.

"Our survey suggests that among tea partiers, there's less dedication to certain civil liberties," Christopher S. Parker, a UW assistant professor of political science who leads the 2010 Multi-State Survey of Race & Politics, said in a statement.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    wow and they think they defend the constitution

3. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    What else should we expect from a generally liberal state? God knows I could not live anywhere on the west coast - although I would like to meet Boe, CCC, and a few others.

4. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I'm not really that concerned with civil rights either since those are really procederial rights that the government sets up when I am arrested for a crime. Those are govt. creations and are a very small scope of the total rights that are retained by the people as stated in the ninth amendment. I wish the left would understand that the complaint about big government is really the complaint about government not protection the natural rights of the people. I can dream but I'm afraid Orwell's vision of the future has manifested itself.