'Taxing the Rich'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe in equal treatment by government and under law?

How is the treatment unequal? Their 20,000th dollar earned is taxed at the same rate as my 20,000th dollar earned.

By definition, unequal treatment.... making some pay, while others do not... some receiving entitlement handouts, at the expense of contributors...
How is it UNEQUAL to tax MY 20,000th dollar of earned income the SAME as EVERYONE ELSES?

How is it UNEQUAL to tax MY 20,000th dollar of earned income the SAME as EVERYONE ELSES?

Assumes facts not in existence.

I pay tax on my 20,000 dollar, those with an income less than $35K do not. In fact, thanks to EITC, they get goodies instead of paying taxes on that dollar.

Ever notice that most of what the left claims simply isn't true?

Last edited:
That's not even true.

Nor is that.

Yes it is true...

Why the fuck you think all these dolts cant wait until April or May for their fucking tax returns???

Why the fuck do you think the government sends you a check??

How about 47% don't pay any income tax???

Yeah I forgot to include that - so I was wrong there but now I'm right.

Go look it up if you don't believe me.....

I apologize for not being able to read your mind and basing my reply on what you actually wrote, my bad.

Why the fuck you think all these dolts cant wait until April or May for their fucking tax returns???
I'm starting to wonder if YOU pay taxes. The due date is in April, not May, and someone who was trying to file as early as possible could probably get theirs done in February.

You can file your taxes whenever you want just as long as its between January and April.

If you file your taxes in say March and if an individual is getting a refund, that check could arrive as soon as the end of April..

My point was that 47% of the working populace receives a tax return - that means they paid little to no taxes. It means their deductions exceeded what was paid to uncle sam.

In short the government is giving the individual back what what the individual already paid in taxes to the government.

How is the treatment unequal? Their 20,000th dollar earned is taxed at the same rate as my 20,000th dollar earned.

By definition, unequal treatment.... making some pay, while others do not... some receiving entitlement handouts, at the expense of contributors...

Follow along idiot....

Using the same unequal system on each person does not mean you are treating everyone equally...

You have some paying $0 or zero percent... others paying 32% or 20K... others paying 16% and 6K.... all for the same benefits and protections of government.... hence, you support a system where some receive without paying, and others pay more for the same services....

To treat or tax equally... is like a sales tax.. that shows no preference whether you make 40K or 40MIL... you purchase something at $100 and each person is taxed the exact same way on it....

Tax the income per dollar for equal treatment... each person contributing (for example) 12% of their income for the services that government provides or offers.. THAT, is equal treatment... not the corrupt bullshit system you support

Assumes facts not in existence.

I pay tax on my 20,000 dollar, those with an income less than $35K do not. In fact, thanks to IITC, they get goodies instead of paying taxes on that dollar.

Ever notice that most of what the left claims simply isn't true?

You're either stupid or a liar. I used to make less than 35k a year and I paid net taxes.

The tax rate on the 20000th of AGI is 15% for EVERYONE.

Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2010 and 2011

It'll never be enough, will it? Obama wants to raise the marginal tax rate up to about 40%, so revenue goes up about 70 bilion/yr, if that. Well whoop-de-fuckin'-do, out of a 1.6 trillion deficit this year now we're down to 1.53 trillion, boy that really helped. And he wants to raise the Medicare tax rate and the ceiling for Social Security, and who knows what else. You want this, raise taxes on the rich to pay for it. You want that, raise taxes on the rich to pay for it. Do you not know that if we took every frickin' dime they made this year it still wouldn't cover the deficit?

What would this country be like if we raised taxes back to 90%? You really think thise rich people are just going to quietly pay it? You don't think they'll park it offshore by any means, legal or otherwise? Where the blue blazes fuck do you think you're going to get entrepeneurs, innovators, and new investors if the tax rate is so high that it literally ain't worth it to do business here? Do you not realize we live in a global economy, and if foreign investors can't make enough money here cuz of the fuckin' tax rates that you dumb bozos want to raise that they'll go elsewhere? And American investors with wealth will do the same. You really want to be a bigger Greece? Well if we followed your path that's where we'd end up.

My point was that 47% of the working populace receives a tax return - that means they paid little to no taxes. It means their deductions exceeded what was paid to uncle sam.

No it doesn't you fucking moron, it means their WITHHOLDING was more than their taxes owed.
Your lack of basic knowledge about what a "tax refund" is for further supports my theory that YOU DO NOT PAY TAXES YOURSELF.

It'll never be enough, will it? Obama wants to raise the marginal tax rate up to about 40%, so revenue goes up about 70 bilion/yr, if that. Well whoop-de-fuckin'-do, out of a 1.6 trillion deficit this year now we're down to 1.53 trillion, boy that really helped. And he wants to raise the Medicare tax rate and the ceiling for Social Security, and who knows what else. You want this, raise taxes on the rich to pay for it. You want that, raise taxes on the rich to pay for it. Do you not know that if we took every frickin' dime they made this year it still wouldn't cover the deficit?

What would this country be like if we raised taxes back to 90%? You really think thise rich people are just going to quietly pay it? You don't think they'll park it offshore by any means, legal or otherwise? Where the blue blazes fuck do you think you're going to get entrepeneurs, innovators, and new investors if the tax rate is so high that it literally ain't worth it to do business here? Do you not realize we live in a global economy, and if foreign investors can't make enough money here cuz of the fuckin' tax rates that you dumb bozos want to raise that they'll go elsewhere? And American investors with wealth will do the same. You really want to be a bigger Greece? Well if we followed your path that's where we'd end up.

He wants us to pay taxes on taxes. Making all income subject to SS and Medicare means we pay income taxes on those taxes as well. el

No it doesn't you fucking moron, it means their WITHHOLDING was more than their taxes owed.
Your lack of basic knowledge about what a "tax refund" is for further supports my theory that YOU DO NOT PAY TAXES YOURSELF.

you are so much more convincing when you use larger font.

But not nearly as convincing as if he had also centered his text and used different colors!

I pointed that out!!! learn to fucking read.

Thanks for your ad hom tho...

Using the same unequal system on each person does not mean you are treating everyone equally...

That's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.
You have some paying $0 or zero percent... others paying 32% or 20K... others paying 16% and 6K.... all for the same benefits and protections of government.... hence, you support a system where some receive without paying, and others pay more for the same services....

Everyone with the same AGI pays the same tax.

To treat or tax equally... is like a sales tax.. that shows no preference whether you make 40K or 40MIL... you purchase something at $100 and each person is taxed the exact same way on it....

You pay more sales tax the more stuff you buy. if you pay $4 tax on $100 in purchases but I make $200 in purchases and I have to pay $8, according to your stupid logic, that's unequal treatment.

Tax the income per dollar for equal treatment... each person contributing (for example) 12% of their income for the services that government provides or offers.. THAT, is equal treatment... not the corrupt bullshit system you support

How is that equal by your moronic reasoning? The rich still pay more in taxes shit for brains.

The funny part is that I pointed out in my original post exactly what he just said... Then he called me the "fucking moron."

Funnel money to the top percent and then cut wages and benefits for the working poor...it's wrong on so many levels.

Why does the GOP insist on wealth redistribution through tax breaks for the wealthy and then complain that a fair tax rate would amount to wealth redistribution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back