'Taxing the Rich'

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely false. I don't need your source to tell me that either. I do some people's taxes and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that people making 33K a year's return is not greater than what they've paid in Federal.

O'really???

Please explain how someone - even factoring in withholding - who receives a refund pays taxes???

I come from a family of accountants and tax accountants...

47% are not paying any taxes...

If they were paying taxes they'd be writing the checks to the government - not the other way around.

Now, weather or not an individual gets a tax return varies on several factors. You could make 50k a year and have 10 kids and you would get a tax return. A single individual who makes 50k a year would have to pay taxes...

Thats just an example.

Do you really not know how someone receiving a refund pays taxes, or........? Because if you don't know how that is, then clearly the conversation's not rlly worth having.

oh hell, I'll edit it in.

If Johnny 5 the Robot is deducted $5,000 by the end of the year from his paycheck, and his taxes owed after adjustments, etc. are $4, 000....Johnny 5 the Robot gets a $1,000 tax return check.

He still paid $4k in taxes.

If you did not know that people who get tax returns usually still paid out in taxes, slow step away from the keyboard.

Problem bud... many.. MANY pay $4,000 and get a check at year's end for $5,000.

Now, the majority of individuals who receive a "tax refund" do so because their deductions and credits exceed the amount already paid to the government in taxes.

If your deductions equal the amount you owe in taxes you will still owe taxes (unless you're in the 100% bracket of course).

Would you mind go learning what the fuck you're talking about first?

O'really???

Please explain how someone - even factoring in withholding - who receives a refund pays taxes???

If they were paying taxes they'd be writing the checks to the government - not the other way around.

Now, weather or not an individual gets a tax return varies on several factors. You could make 50k a year and have 10 kids and you would get a tax return. A single individual who makes 50k a year would have to pay taxes...

Thats just an example.

Do you really not know how someone receiving a refund pays taxes, or........? Because if you don't know how that is, then clearly the conversation's not rlly worth having.

If Johnny 5 the Robot is deducted $5,000 by the end of the year from his paycheck, and his taxes owed after adjustments, etc. are $4, 000....Johnny 5 the Robot gets a $1,000 tax return check.

If you did not know that people who get tax returns usually still paid out in taxes, slow step away from the keyboard.

Problem bud... many.. MANY pay $4,000 and get a check at year's end for $5,000.

Yea, that has nothing to do with what I said.

That's absolutely false. I don't need your source to tell me that either. I do some people's taxes and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that people making 33K a year's return is not greater than what they've paid in Federal.

NPR is my source, not particularly "right wing."

What I posted is fact, what you claim is not.

Jesus Christ, you are stupid. Withholding is based on an ESTIMATE of your tax liability. Its based on assuming that your wages or salary for the paycheck period will not change throughout the year. Your withholding will only match your actual tax liability if you receive income at the same rate throughout the year and you take the standard deduction (even then there's a good chance it won't match). If your income varies at all during the year (which is the case for many low income people) you will likely pay more in withholding than you owe in taxes.

Dude are you like 12? Have you ever held a job? Ever look at your paycheck? Notice there's some missing? You don't have to write checks to the government - your employer does it for you, you ignorant fuckface.

I write checks to the government every three months..... fuckface.

Peace out!

:lol:

O'really???

Thats just an example.

This is fun...

What the fuck do you not understand about reviving money from the government = not paying taxes???

Their tax return offsets ANYTHING they would have paid.

What don't you understand about that???

What they would have paid in taxes (or did pay originally) is given back to them because they had deductions and credits.

Now, depending on the case - it can exceed what was originally paid in taxes.

I've seen cases where an individual paid $5,000 in (state and federal) taxes, but got $7,000 back...

It happens all the time.

Mostly with single mothers that have a million kids but work a minimum wage job.

47% pay little to no taxes...

Paying $2,500 in taxes then getting $2,200 back is seriously not paying anything in taxes.

Making 20k a year and paying 300 bucks is nonsense. I call that not paying any taxes.

Unfortunately, this is not an issue that can be proven considering everyone is unique in their position when it comes to taxes.

You'd have to understand tax codes and different codes apply to people. So their tax situation would be unique..

O'really???

Thats just an example.

This is fun...

What the fuck do you not understand about reviving money from the government = not paying taxes???

What they would have paid in taxes (or did pay originally) is given back to them because they had deductions and credits.

I've seen cases where an individual paid $5,000 in (state and federal) taxes, but got $7,000 back...

It happens all the time.

Mostly with single mothers that have a million kids but work a minimum wage job.

Paying $2,500 in taxes then getting $2,200 back is seriously not paying anything in taxes.

Making 20k a year and paying 300 bucks is nonsense. I call that not paying any taxes.

You're confusing me with someone else.

You're the guy who said "if someone gets a return they didn't pay any taxes."

That's demonstrably false.

Now you're arguing with the point "well sometimes refunds are more than the person even paid in!"

Which, I didn't deny or even comment on.................in other words, yea. If people get refunds, that doesn't mean the Fed didn't net taxes from them, as your post, which was pretty ignorant, said.

Jesus Christ, you are stupid. Withholding is based on an ESTIMATE of your tax liability. Its based on assuming that your wages or salary for the paycheck period will not change throughout the year. Your withholding will only match your actual tax liability if you receive income at the same rate throughout the year and you take the standard deduction (even then there's a good chance it won't match). If your income varies at all during the year (which is the case for many low income people) you will likely pay more in withholding than you owe in taxes.

Dude are you like 12? Have you ever held a job? Ever look at your paycheck? Notice there's some missing? You don't have to write checks to the government - your employer does it for you, you ignorant fuckface.

I write checks to the government every three months..... fuckface.

Peace out!

:lol:
Is your name Mr. Nick?

Yeah, like who? People with 4 kids? That number in the link you posted - 33048 - which says 2.7 of all collected income taxes are paid by people who make 33048 or less - its already AGI. You can't even read your own fucking link man, stop quoting numbers, you're clearly inept at them.

Okay, good point - it IS for a family of 4, I was not trying to obscure this. $33,048 for a family of 4 results in zero tax liability.

Unfortunately, this is not an issue that can be proven considering everyone is unique in their position when it comes to taxes.

You'd have to understand tax codes and different codes apply to people. So their tax situation would be unique..

Son, you still don't understand what income tax withholding is. Please go get a job and find out. Are you old enough to work without a permit in your state? It builds character. When you can't figure out why you didn't get paid the full amount your employer owes you, come back and we'll talk about it.

Yeah, like who? People with 4 kids? That number in the link you posted - 33048 - which says 2.7 of all collected income taxes are paid by people who make 33048 or less - its already AGI. You can't even read your own fucking link man, stop quoting numbers, you're clearly inept at them.

Okay, good point - it IS for a family of 4, I was not trying to obscure this. $33,048 for a family of 4 results in zero tax liability.

Big of you to man up. :clap2:

This is fun...

It happens all the time.

Now you're arguing with the point "well sometimes refunds are more than the person even paid in!"

Which, I didn't deny or even comment on.................in other words, yea. If people get refunds, that doesn't mean the Fed didn't net taxes from them, as your post, which was pretty ignorant, said.

No, what I said is generally NOT false...

There are situations where people do overpay their taxes and get a return, however generally speaking Those who make between 1-50k (depending on many factors) don't pay income taxes.

I will admit I was wrong in saying everyone who gets a return is paying no income tax... I should have been more precise, instead of general.

Like I said in a previous post - taxes are unique to the individual..

However it is true that 47% pay no taxes - the taxes they paid were refunded right back to them in the form of deductions and credits.

Look man, when I was a kid 95% of what I paid in taxes was given right back to me.

This is fun...

It happens all the time.

No, what I said is generally NOT false...

There are situations where people do overpay their taxes and get a return, however generally speaking Those who make between 1-50k (depending on many factors) don't pay income taxes.

I will admit I was wrong in saying everyone who gets a return is paying no income tax... I should have been more precise, instead of general.

Like I said in a previous post - taxes are unique to the individual..

However it is true that 47% pay no taxes - the taxes they paid were refunded right back to them in the form of deductions and credits.

Look man, when I was a kid 95% of what I paid in taxes was given right back to me.

Saying that people making 1-50k generally don't pay income taxes is a pretty big farce, dude.

My point was that 47% of the working populace receives a tax return - that means they paid little to no taxes.

No, it doesn't.

You do know there's more than one tax levied, right?

O'rilly???

Sorry, these fools pay sales tax..... boo fucking hoo...

99% of these clowns don't own property so its not like they pay property tax...

Everyone pays property tax. Do you think that renters do not just because it is not them making the actual tax payment? You think their landlord says "you only have to pay the rent, and I'll cover the property taxes out of the kindness of my heart"? Think before you post stupid shit. If you rent, you are paying the property tax as part of your rent. Anyone with half a brain knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back