Tax cuts

Bush cutting taxes over ten years, has done nothing for employment.

So that 4.5% unemployment rate following the tax cuts was just my imagination?

Clinton had high taxes in comparison and had a much healthier economy.

There were many reasons for that, but your flaw is that you think correlation equals causation. It doesn't. You haven't done any research on this subject and yet here you are offering an opinion.

Let's be fair now. If we tax the rich enough nobody but the rich will have to work. We could send all jobs overseas and just sit back and get our government check each month.
The sad thing is that this is what a lot of our citizens want now.

Let's be fair now. If we tax the rich enough nobody but the rich will have to work. We could send all jobs overseas and just sit back and get our government check each month.
The sad thing is that this is what a lot of our citizens want now.

what? That makes no sense. You think there are enough rich people to transport and service goods or provide a service for everyone while the middle class and poor sit back and relax?

ah bullshit yourself, pal. The proof is there, it has nothing to do with tax cuts. Capitol ganis and corp taxes maybe, but giving the top one % an extra 535,000 a year in tax cuts does little as far as job creation except save them money that they would have spent anyway.

The proof is here Charlie Gibson is not a conservative nor is he even a Republican listen to him ask obama about tax cuts and listen to how obama answeres him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8[/ame]

Ok lets see who has gained what over the 30 years and you tell me which group your in guys.

Top 1% now has 24% of all income, up from 10%
bottom 90 % does not make what the top 10% makes , way up
CEO's went from being paid 42 times the average worker to 425 times.

The thing you don't understand is that the 99% of the people who don't belong to the 1% did 99.99% of the work building this country.
The top 1% did nothing more that control the purse strings which allowed them to strain as much as they could off the efforts of the 99% in building this country.

and your wrong on the fact that it's their money and they owe nobody for providing them the workplace to make that money. Its like saying that a renters money that is paid for the right to live in his aprtment somehow should still be his because he made that money.
Its like telling a home owner that they need to pay taxes for fire, police, roads, school, hospitials, and have them tell you no I don't have to pay for these things, my pay is all mine and I will share it the with whomever I deem I want to, you have no right to tax me.

So what do you want to do away with today. Should we get rid of Schools? should we give up firedepartments? Maybe we don't need police either? Should we all build our own roads? Does there have to be someone keeping track of what belong to who? Should we get rid of the EPA, who cares about pollution? We really don't need people checking our food either, we know that companys won't produce things that might end up hurting us, right?

Just name me 5 things that you think we should be doing without.

Then name me anything that isn't more about helping those with money more than just what an ordinary person gets out of it. would it cost more to protect and provide for a corp then it does for one person?

are any of you in the top 1%?
top 10%?

explain why over the last 30 years that 80% of all gains have went to the top 1%, all since we started cutting taxes.

I suppose most of you think it's wrong that the bottom 80% paid the lowest tax rates.
that the majority of their income is exempt!

Ok lets see who has gained what over the 30 years and you tell me which group your in guys.

The thing you don't understand is that the 99% of the people who don't belong to the 1% did 99.99% of the work building this country.
The top 1% did nothing more that control the purse strings which allowed them to strain as much as they could off the efforts of the 99% in building this country.

and your wrong on the fact that it's their money and they owe nobody for providing them the workplace to make that money. Its like saying that a renters money that is paid for the right to live in his aprtment somehow should still be his because he made that money.
Its like telling a home owner that they need to pay taxes for fire, police, roads, school, hospitials, and have them tell you no I don't have to pay for these things, my pay is all mine and I will share it the with whomever I deem I want to, you have no right to tax me.

So what do you want to do away with today. Should we get rid of Schools? should we give up firedepartments? Maybe we don't need police either? Should we all build our own roads? Does there have to be someone keeping track of what belong to who? Should we get rid of the EPA, who cares about pollution? We really don't need people checking our food either, we know that companys won't produce things that might end up hurting us, right?

Then name me anything that isn't more about helping those with money more than just what an ordinary person gets out of it. would it cost more to protect and provide for a corp then it does for one person?

top 10%?

explain why over the last 30 years that 80% of all gains have went to the top 1%, all since we started cutting taxes.

I suppose most of you think it's wrong that the bottom 80% paid the lowest tax rates.

once again stating a lie as fact does not make it fact, it's still a lie.

top 10%?

Here's an idea...

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

If you'd get up and do something productive, you'd have less time to waste feeling sorry for yourself. Just a thought.

Just name me 5 things that you think we should be doing without

1. You
2. Those like you
3. Those who act like you
4. Those who think like you
5. And finally..... ANYONE WHO IS FRIENDS WITH YOU!!!

DING DING DING!!!!

Not being able to determine what is fact and what you believe to be fact is not a positive thing, but when it's all you got you must hang onto something so go for it people.

and the first line seemed to work for you guys in the last election, make up a lie and then keep repeating it as if it is truth over and over and you will be surprised how many people will believe it after seeing and hearing it so much. (KARL ROVE AT HIS BEST).

What is your problem people with the hate you have transfered to the poor and anyone who makes a case for why they need help.
Just remember people as you look at the ones you hate, but for the grace of GOD there goes you..

Let's all shed a tear now for that top 1%, they are so made out to be villians.

I'm betting that the real people in the top 1% are happy as hell with how they are doing and it's not the majority of them that's bitching.

But answer me one question, do you feel that we should reduce the deficiet?

Not being able to determine what is fact and what you believe to be fact is not a positive thing, but when it's all you got you must hang onto something so go for it people.

and the first line seemed to work for you guys in the last election, make up a lie and then keep repeating it as if it is truth over and over and you will be surprised how many people will believe it after seeing and hearing it so much. (KARL ROVE AT HIS BEST).

What is your problem people with the hate you have transfered to the poor and anyone who makes a case for why they need help.
Just remember people as you look at the ones you hate, but for the grace of GOD there goes you..

Here's a fact watch and listen to the video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8[/ame]

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh.. an Evil Rich thread! Golly, it's been like, what? Five minutes since we had one of these?

Let's all shed a tear now for that top 1%, they are so made out to be villians.

I'm betting that the real people in the top 1% are happy as hell with how they are doing and it's not the majority of them that's bitching.

But answer me one question, do you feel that we should reduce the deficiet?

Reducing the deficiet by raising taxes does not work. Yes I want the deficiet reduced and I want government waste stopped. Do that and you will reduce the deficiet

Yes.. but taxing the fuck outta 1% of the population is delusional. If you confiscated every $ of wealth held by EVERYONE you'd still be trillions off the mark.

The budget must be controlled via an amendment limiting the Federal budget to a fixed % of GDP, say, 17%.

Everything else is bullshit.

I just don't get it, I read what democrats and Republicans say about things and then i do my best to check them out. And all I can tell you is Republicans rewrite history, and they take what has happened or been said and explain what it means or what someone was really trying to say and then go off on a tangent not about what was said but what they believe someone meant as if that is what the person said or did.

I see no where in any govt report that Health care is going to cost the taxpayers money, yet every tom dick and harry on the right says it will.
One of them says it and all the rest just repeat it and that means that it's true because so many people are saying it. and whats sad is the new org. take what ever the re-pugs say and then repeat it like it was true.

I heard today the republicans complaining about a guy who only got 20 years as 255 charges were dropped, and how this will mean that there will not be any more trials like this because of that. 30 minutes later i watch three different station and they all repeated the same thing like it was a fact and not an opinion.

I hear Cong. King from Iowa say that he has the truth about Yellow Cake and Saddam H. That he did try and buy it and it was a lie that it didn't happen.
Then he says 11,000 illegals come across the boarder from Mexico everyday. that would be over 4 million a year, but the govt says that all illegal people in the USA only comes to 550,000 a year.

I just cringe when I put the channel on that has what is going on in congress. These people just say whatever they want and what's worst is they believe it even though it's been prov-en to be a lie. and then the next guy gets up and man your right on.

I thought it wouldn't be that bad that the republicans have spent the last 2 years trying to ruin the economy now that they got elected, as I thought they would have to get something done now, but not a chance unless its helping out the rich or making Obama look bad somehow. WHAT A SAD BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

Last edited:
You mean we shouldn't be fighting wars off the balance sheet like we did 8 years under BUSH.

Being rich isn't evil, it's the dumb azzes that run around fighting for them that ain't allowed to use the front door of the house they live in, who can't undersand that being this filty rich doesn't have anything to do with how much taxes they pay or don't pay, it's got to do with how much money they make. It's just a little more or a little less rich but it sure the hell doesn't mean squat to them.

I'm betting there isn't one person on this board that comes close to being in the top 1% of the wealthy people in this country.
and 99% of those crying on this board don't even understand what rate they are being taxed at themselves on their income.

I just don't get it, I read what democrats and Republicans say about things and then i do my best to check them out. And all I can tell you is Republicans rewrite history, and they take what has happened or been said and explain what it means or what someone was really trying to say and then go off on a tangent not about what was said but what they believe someone meant as if that is what the person said or did.

I see no where in any govt report that Health care is going to cost the taxpayers money, yet every tom dick and harry on the right says it will.
One of them says it and all the rest just repeat it and that means that it's true because so many people are saying it. and whats sad is the new org. take what ever the re-pugs say and then repeat it like it was true.

I heard today the republicans complaining about a guy who only got 20 years as 255 charges were dropped, and how this will mean that there will not be any more trials like this because of that. 30 minutes later i watch three different station and they all repeated the same thing like it was a fact and not an opinion.

I hear Cong. King from Iowa say that he has the truth about Yellow Cake and Saddam H. That he did try and buy it and it was a lie that it didn't happen.
Then he says 11,000 illegals come across the boarder from Mexico everyday. that would be over 4 million a year, but the govt says that all illegal people in the USA only comes to 550,000 a year.

I just cringe when I put the channel on that has what is going on in congress. These people just say whatever they want and what's worst is they believe it even though it's been prov-en to be a lie. and then the next guy gets up and man your right on.

I thought it wouldn't be that bad that the republicans have spent the last 2 years trying to ruin the economy now that they got elected, as I thought they would have to get something done now, but not a chance unless its helping out the rich or making Obama look bad somehow. WHAT A SAD BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

Is this a joke or are you being paid by the troll post you make?

You mean we shouldn't be fighting wars off the balance sheet like we did 8 years under BUSH.

Being rich isn't evil, it's the dumb azzes that run around fighting for them that ain't allowed to use the front door of the house they live in, who can't undersand that being this filty rich doesn't have anything to do with how much taxes they pay or don't pay, it's got to do with how much money they make. It's just a little more or a little less rich but it sure the hell doesn't mean squat to them.

I'm betting there isn't one person on this board that comes close to being in the top 1% of the wealthy people in this country.
and 99% of those crying on this board don't even understand what rate they are being taxed at themselves on their income.

I understand this the rich create jobs the government doesn't. Without the wealth from the rich there will not be any jobs.

small business creates jobs, and all small business owners that start business are not in the top 1%, far from it. The average start up has around 80,000 of that persons money in it, ones that employ people, as 2/3 of new business start ups are non employee corp.
600,000 new startup's each year, 2/3's of which don't employ anyone. so 200,000 new company's out of 1.5 million people receiving these large tax cuts.
and not all of them are million-airs, far from it.

Few of these start ups will ever put them in the top 1% of income and they do not pay taxes on what they sell, they make income out of the business when they take it, and I doubt very much that most people who invest 80,000 are going to be making/taking enough out of a business to make them be in the top 1%. But I will also bet that if they did make that kind of money they would be very happy to pay their fair share.

Forum List

Back