Tax cuts

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
Here is the truth, 1% of the population received 25% of all the income. The majority of all money not collected due to these tax cuts is spread over the top 10% of Americans, and that has cost us 3 trillion dollars over the last 10 years with absolutely nothing to show for it except republicans saying that it somehow was supposed to create jobs. While at the same time these very same people of money have sent more jobs overseas to third world countries with low pay and no benefits and no environmental restrictions.
Now they complain about health care and what it might cost but didn't flicker an eye lid at giving away 5 trillion in tax cuts so far and another 7 trillion to come, that our children will have to pick up. And the TEA PARTY express is helping them do it.

("Citizens for Tax Justice point out what I was saying just the other day: We only hear all this crying and moaning about the deficit when it's something for regular working people, and not a powerful lobby. And of course, the Republican's are right out there in front of the Hypocrisy Parade:

And yet, many of the lawmakers who argue that the health care reform legislation is “too costly” are the same lawmakers who supported the Bush tax cuts.

Their own voting record demonstrates that health care reform is not a matter of costs, but a matter of priorities.

It’s difficult to see how the Bush tax cuts could provide us with two and a half times the benefits of health care reform. In 2010, when all the Bush tax cuts are finally phased in, a staggering 52.5 percent of the benefits will go to the richest 5 percent of taxpayers.

President Bush and his supporters argued that these high-income tax cuts would benefit everybody because they would unleash investment that would spark widespread economic prosperity. There seems to be no evidence of this, particularly given the collapse of the economy at the end of the Bush years.

The tax legislation enacted under President George W. Bush from 2001 through 2006 will cost $2.48 trillion over the 2001-2010 period.")

wake up america before we really do have to take up guns to protect the working (POOR) class.

The CBO says that 'Obamacare' will save us one trillion dollars over the next 20 years. That is a reduction of the deficit tea partiers.

Here is the truth, 1% of the population received 25% of all the income. The majority of all money not collected due to these tax cuts is spread over the top 10% of Americans

So what?

and that has cost us 3 trillion dollars over the last 10 years

Oh yeah? How's that exactly?

Now they complain about health care and what it might cost but didn't flicker an eye lid at giving away 5 trillion in tax cuts so far and another 7 trillion to come, that our children will have to pick up.

The Republicans didn't give anything away. What are you talking about?

And yet, many of the lawmakers who argue that the health care reform legislation is “too costly” are the same lawmakers who supported the Bush tax cuts.

How are these two things relevant?

It’s difficult to see how the Bush tax cuts could provide us with two and a half times the benefits of health care reform.

Is that what they were supposed to do?

I
n 2010, when all the Bush tax cuts are finally phased in, a staggering 52.5 percent of the benefits will go to the richest 5 percent of taxpayers.

Naturally. They pay most of the taxes.

President Bush and his supporters argued that these high-income tax cuts would benefit everybody because they would unleash investment that would spark widespread economic prosperity. There seems to be no evidence of this, particularly given the collapse of the economy at the end of the Bush years.

I saw plenty of evidence of it.

The tax legislation enacted under President George W. Bush from 2001 through 2006 will cost $2.48 trillion over the 2001-2010 period."

Cost who?

wake up america before we really do have to take up guns to protect the working (POOR) class.

It appears we have woken up (at least for now) and have rejected your argument above that is based on nothing more than your jealousy, envy, and greed.

• Banned
do you think they really want to hear that or for that matter really believe anything that doesn't come out of RUSH L. or Hanity.
You know its costing us 200 million a day and we have 36 battleships deployed so bush could go to India over creating Jobs.
I mean just listen to the big mouths on the right, I saw no less than 10 big name righty's repeating the same crap only making it a larger more stupid lie than it was before.
Tea Party people were about hard working Americans fighting the greed of a foreign govt. Now they are fighting to keep greed alive in the upper class of wealthy Americans, even though 90% of them are middle class people who can't think for themselves.

The only thing the RepubliCONs offer to create jobs (remember when they pretended to be concerned about jobs so they could win an election?) is to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. Thus putting our budget permanently out of balance. To follow this "logic", if you are having a hard time keeping up with your bills, ask your employer for a pay cut!

By the way, if the Bush tax cuts will create jobs, why aren't there any jobs being created now? The tax cuts are in effect now and have been for ten years, yet this policy and other RepubliCON "ideas" led to the biggest recession since the Great Depression.

• Banned
It's like I said, your incapable of understanding anything that doesn't come out of RL AN Hanity.
Where you use the majority of americas resouces to make your money and act like it's your right for the rest of us to pay for that, then your nuts pal.

It takes more than you or any one person to create wealth. You think that because you live on a lake you can all the fish you want for whatever purpose and its everyone's job to replenish that lake.
Everything I have written is the truth, and your stupid belief that we all owe you the right to become filty rich on our backs, using everything WE ALL created and paid for and you owe nothing back is PURE REPULICAN BS.

The only thing the RepubliCONs offer to create jobs (remember when they pretended to be concerned about jobs so they could win an election?) is to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. Thus putting our budget permanently out of balance.

What is putting the budget permanently out of balance is too much spending and too much government overreaching.

To follow this "logic", if you are having a hard time keeping up with your bills, ask your employer for a pay cut!

There's no logic to that at all and doesn't even apply to this discussion. Using analogies is not one of your strengths. You probably should stop.

By the way, if the Bush tax cuts will create jobs, why aren't there any jobs being created now? The tax cuts are in effect now and have been for ten years, yet this policy and other RepubliCON "ideas" led to the biggest recession since the Great Depression.

Gee, I don't know, did you miss that whole mortgage default crisis?

It's like I said, your incapable of understanding anything that doesn't come out of RL AN Hanity.
Where you use the majority of americas resouces to make your money and act like it's your right for the rest of us to pay for that, then your nuts pal.

It takes more than you or any one person to create wealth. You think that because you live on a lake you can all the fish you want for whatever purpose and its everyone's job to replenish that lake.
Everything I have written is the truth, and your stupid belief that we all owe you the right to become filty rich on our backs, using everything WE ALL created and paid for and you owe nothing back is PURE REPULICAN BS.

pic_3396821_1233955575.png

Here is the truth, 1% of the population received 25% of all the income. The majority of all money not collected due to these tax cuts is spread over the top 10% of Americans, and that has cost us 3 trillion dollars over the last 10 years with absolutely nothing to show for it except republicans saying that it somehow was supposed to create jobs. While at the same time these very same people of money have sent more jobs overseas to third world countries with low pay and no benefits and no environmental restrictions.
Now they complain about health care and what it might cost but didn't flicker an eye lid at giving away 5 trillion in tax cuts so far and another 7 trillion to come, that our children will have to pick up. And the TEA PARTY express is helping them do it.

("Citizens for Tax Justice point out what I was saying just the other day: We only hear all this crying and moaning about the deficit when it's something for regular working people, and not a powerful lobby. And of course, the Republican's are right out there in front of the Hypocrisy Parade:

Their own voting record demonstrates that health care reform is not a matter of costs, but a matter of priorities.

It’s difficult to see how the Bush tax cuts could provide us with two and a half times the benefits of health care reform. In 2010, when all the Bush tax cuts are finally phased in, a staggering 52.5 percent of the benefits will go to the richest 5 percent of taxpayers.

The tax legislation enacted under President George W. Bush from 2001 through 2006 will cost $2.48 trillion over the 2001-2010 period.")

Business move overseas because of policies our Government put in place which made it impossible for them to stay in this country and remain competitive. I believe most companies would rather have stayed here but given the choice of move or fail they moved. Don't blame wealthy business owners for doing what they had to do to survive. Blame should be placed on our NAFTA and other treaties and they should be repealed and import taxes should be placed on all imported goods to make sure the playing field is level and we aren't penalized for paying higher wages. Things may cost more but that's the price of saving our economy.

GEEZE, I wonder who was behind that problem? And I wonder who was behing the Banks debacal, and the stock market crash?

Give it a brake and go have another tote on the old joint pal, you look like you really need one.

GEEZE, I wonder who was behind that problem? And I wonder who was behing the Banks debacal, and the stock market crash?

Give it a brake and go have another tote on the old joint pal, you look like you really need one.

I know it's either Blame Buoooosh or blame the rich. Its would be rather hard to blame that gold cow that free loaders suck from her tit.

The CBO says that 'Obamacare' will save us one trillion dollars over the next 20 years. That is a reduction of the deficit tea partiers.
Right...Creating a new entitlement and establishing a gaggle of new bureaucracies will save money. :rolleyes:

Only on Barry Obolshevik's unicorn ranch.

OK Oddball, try to pay attention now, this requires critical thinking skills. Right now 50 million Americans don't have health care. Now I understand that you have no moral objections to this because like most righties you probably have no morals, but this means that everyone else has to pay for the fifty million. If we require everyone to assume at least some responsibility for themselves and pay at least a minimal amount of the cost healthcare will stabilize. This is what has been referred to as bending the cost curve. Of course we have to hold the greedy insurance corporations accountable, this is why there will be insurance exchanges (the least effective way, but all that could get past the lunk head Repubs).

If you think that this is a "government take over" I can't help you.

Right...Creating a new entitlement and establishing a gaggle of new bureaucracies will save money. :rolleyes:

Only on Barry Obolshevik's unicorn ranch.

OK Oddball, try to pay attention now, this requires critical thinking skills. Right now 50 million Americans don't have health care. Now I understand that you have no moral objections to this because like most righties you probably have no morals, but this means that everyone else has to pay for the fifty million. If we require everyone to assume at least some responsibility for themselves and pay at least a minimal amount of the cost healthcare will stabilize. This is what has been referred to as bending the cost curve. Of course we have to hold the greedy insurance corporations accountable, this is why there will be insurance exchanges (the least effective way, but all that could get past the lunk head Repubs).

If you think that this is a "government take over" I can't help you.

If you think that this is a "government take over"

Thats the only thing it can be, because it's not going to lower cost and its not going to give everybody free healthcare coverage,

I guess we just won't mention the Clinton Administration when lenders were threatened with civil rights law suits if they didn't find ways to make more loans to low income minorities. Forcing lenders to consider welfare and food stamps as income should have been an indication that the policy was flawed. Blame the government that's who caused the problem.

Well now, if you Conservatives would get off of your dead butts and get a job, maybe we liberals would not have to support your sucking off of the teat of the government.
TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States. Here are the Top 10 states that feed at the federal trough (with Red States highlighted in bold):

I guess we just won't mention the Clinton Administration when lenders were threatened with civil rights law suits if they didn't find ways to make more loans to low income minorities. Forcing lenders to consider welfare and food stamps as income should have been an indication that the policy was flawed. Blame the government that's who caused the problem.

OMG, and those stupid people bought those homes with FOOD STAMPS, LOL.

Forum List

Back