Tax cuts are theft

Society gives us almost everything. Government is nothing but an agency of society.

So you are 100% wrong, as usual.

Abandon society and go make a life for yourself on your own terms in the wild world. You have a two year life expectancy if you do.

Or move to Haiti and become a millionaire in 25 years based on nothing but your hard work.
"Society" is a mythical strawman, behind which authoritarians attempt to subvert the individual to the mob....As is your idiotic "go live on an island" cliché.

The usual and predictable fail here as all yours, sport.

So society is a myth. And you expect me to treat your ideas as if you aren't braindead?

The construction mogul turned financial genius (self-professed all :lol:) is always predictable. Oddball Dude is a dope. :cool:

Society gives us almost everything. Government is nothing but an agency of society.

Abandon society and go make a life for yourself on your own terms in the wild world. You have a two year life expectancy if you do.

Or move to Haiti and become a millionaire in 25 years based on nothing but your hard work.
"Society" is a mythical strawman, behind which authoritarians attempt to subvert the individual to the mob....As is your idiotic "go live on an island" cliché.

So society is a myth. And you expect me to treat your ideas as if you aren't braindead?
Can you lend me a bucket of "society"?...I promise to pay you back at the end of the month with a barrel of it.

The construction mogul turned financial genius (self-professed all :lol:) is always predictable. Oddball Dude is a dope. :cool:

But society doesn't give us nearly everything.

Society gives us opportunity. What we make of that opportunity is based mainly on our own individual initiative.

I've said all over USMB what I would cut from the budget. Maybe some on the left could pick what they would save from the list below...

:tongue:

Government waste at it’s finest | Political Realities

* The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.[1]
Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.[2]

* Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.[3]

* Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them–costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually–fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.[4]

* The Congressional Budget Office published a “Budget Options” series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.[5]

* Examples from multiple Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports of wasteful duplication include 342 economic development programs; 130 programs serving the disabled; 130 programs serving at-risk youth; 90 early childhood development programs; 75 programs funding international education, cultural, and training exchange activities; and 72 safe water programs.[6]

* Washington will spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.[7]

* A GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples of taxpayer-funded purchases include gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, Xboxes, jewelry, Internet dating services, and Hawaiian vacations. In one extraordinary example, the Postal Service spent $13,500 on one dinner at a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, including “over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold.” The 81 guests consumed an average of $167 worth of food and drink apiece.[8]

* Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.[9]

NewsBusters' Huston falsely claims Obama responsible for funding "Chinese hookers" study

May 13, 2009 1:09 pm ET

SUMMARY: NewsBusters' Warner Todd Huston falsely claimed that President Obama funded a $2.6 million NIH grant to "help train Chinese prostitutes to 'drink responsibly on the job.' " In fact, the grant was awarded during the Bush administration.

In a May 13 blog entry posted on several conservative blogs, NewsBusters contributing writer Warner Todd Huston falsely claimed that President Obama funded a $2.6 million National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to "help train Chinese prostitutes to 'drink responsibly on the job.' " In the post -- headlined, "Obama Pays to Treat Alcoholism in Chinese Hookers" -- Huston claimed that "the President of 'change' seems to be The One that drunken Chinese prostitutes 'have been waiting for.' ... [D]id Obama become president of Chinese hookers, too?" In fact, the NIH grant, which will "establish and evaluate whether an alcohol and HIV intervention center can assist in reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS among sex workers in China," was awarded during the Bush administration. Indeed, the very source Huston cited in making the claim -- a May 12 Cybercast News Service (CNS) article -- reported that the grant was "made last November." A Wayne State University press release announcing the grant was issued on November 5, 2008.

Bret Baier and Glenn Beck each also referred to the $2.6 million NIH grant during the May 12 broadcasts of their respective Fox News programs and portrayed the grant as controversial, but neither mentioned that the grant was made during the Bush administration.
I don't care who signed the check. It's an astoundingly stupid way to spend tax dollars.

Utter bullshit.

Gubmint gives nothing...It only takes....At gunpoint, if necessary.

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come.
Thy mandate be done
on flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
and audit us our trespasses,
as we file suit against those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into liberty,
but deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

Society gives us opportunity. What we make of that opportunity is based mainly on our own individual initiative.

No rational person claims society is responsible for people's personal choices. But reasonable people do argue that society is left picking up the pieces left in the wake of poor personal choices. Their is the human dilemma.

Society does not give or opportunity. Society can demand equal or level opportunity, but society can also restrict opportunity.

Some people try and argue that nature provides opportunity. :lol: That's so laughable it should be seen for what it is...bullshit, but it is often wrapped in convoluted craziness like Randian Objectivist Nitwitticism. Which, unfortunately, simple minds (some highly intelligent) fail to grasp reality.

Intelligence can and often does, complicate the simple

Last edited:

Can you lend me a bucket of "society"?...I promise to pay you back at the end of the month with a barrel of it.

sure, But you will have to give me a bucket of government up front before I can trust you with society.

Meanwhile go make your millions in Yemen.

Then take him up on it.

Put your money where your mouth is..

I met plenty of people that left to form companies in places like the caribbean. Mainly on their way back to the United States because they missed all those things government "didn't" give them. Like people with an education..for starters.
You sure you want to stick with the example of the "education" that American kids are getting from gubmint schools? :lol::lol::lol:

These are people I really met. They had to train people to read. And this was a roofing company. The guy thought he was getting a threefer..lots of business because of hurricanes and cheap labor...along with low taxes. What he got was uneducated people, roads you couldn't travel on if it rained or at night and electricity that was unreliable. It wound up costing more then it was worth.
One guy is "plenty of people"? :confused:

Tax cuts aren't theft. American society is based on private property, not collective ownership.

Which completes the circle and buttresses my stance that:

Commies don't pay taxes.

Rather nicely.

They don't have to. The State pays them. In a Communist shithole (pardon the redundancy), the State does own all the money...and all the industry.

We don't do it that way here in America.

No actually society actually does give us almost everything. Without the blessings of society the most you would be able to accomplish is to eek out a scant survival on a diet of bark, grubs and carrion eventually succumbing to malnutrition, disease and to the elements.

It has been this way since the cave, individually humans can barely manage to survive. But as a group we can accomplish great things.

You and your skills and efforts account for very little of your prosperity while society accounts for most of it.

Them's the facts. And government is just an agency of society. Even the economy is just an agency of society. As is education, medicine etc.

No actually society actually does give us almost everything. Without the blessings of society the most you would be able to accomplish is to eek out a scant survival on a diet of bark, grubs and carrion eventually succumbing to malnutrition, disease and to the elements.

It has been this way since the cave, individually humans can barely manage to survive. But as a group we can accomplish great things.

You and your skills and efforts account for very little of your prosperity while society accounts for most of it.

Them's the facts. And government is just an agency of society. Even the economy is just an agency of society. As is education, medicine etc.
Somewhere in the cosmic ether, both Orwell and Rand are having a big fat belly laugh. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back