Tax cuts are theft

you wish, "oddball".

What's most funny is that you are tongue tied and can't wager any kind of responses.

Hope. Change. It's time.

It is a winning message. It worked for Carter after Watergate, for Reagan, for Clinton, for G.W. Bush, and for Obama.

what is sad about that?
It's a great way to get elected. It's a shitty way to run a country -- as recent history shows.

You're doing what the party propagandists want. You''re confusing politicking with governing.

Running the country on hope? To do so one would have to stop the government from functioning and hope things would get better on it's own.

I've said all over USMB what I would cut from the budget. Maybe some on the left could pick what they would save from the list below...

:tongue:

Government waste at it’s finest | Political Realities

NewsBusters' Huston falsely claims Obama responsible for funding "Chinese hookers" study

May 13, 2009 1:09 pm ET

SUMMARY: NewsBusters' Warner Todd Huston falsely claimed that President Obama funded a $2.6 million NIH grant to "help train Chinese prostitutes to 'drink responsibly on the job.' " In fact, the grant was awarded during the Bush administration.

In a May 13 blog entry posted on several conservative blogs, NewsBusters contributing writer Warner Todd Huston falsely claimed that President Obama funded a $2.6 million National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to "help train Chinese prostitutes to 'drink responsibly on the job.' " In the post -- headlined, "Obama Pays to Treat Alcoholism in Chinese Hookers" -- Huston claimed that "the President of 'change' seems to be The One that drunken Chinese prostitutes 'have been waiting for.' ... [D]id Obama become president of Chinese hookers, too?" In fact, the NIH grant, which will "establish and evaluate whether an alcohol and HIV intervention center can assist in reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS among sex workers in China," was awarded during the Bush administration. Indeed, the very source Huston cited in making the claim -- a May 12 Cybercast News Service (CNS) article -- reported that the grant was "made last November." A Wayne State University press release announcing the grant was issued on November 5, 2008.

Bret Baier and Glenn Beck each also referred to the $2.6 million NIH grant during the May 12 broadcasts of their respective Fox News programs and portrayed the grant as controversial, but neither mentioned that the grant was made during the Bush administration.
I don't care who signed the check. It's an astoundingly stupid way to spend tax dollars.
The Bushies apparently thought it was a good way to help keep AIDS from spreading.

you wish, "oddball".

What's most funny is that you are tongue tied and can't wager any kind of responses.
So, you got that bucket of "society" to lend me, or not?

Gimme my bucket of "government" first.

Oh I forgot, we need a whole society to produce a bucket.

Tell you what, you make me a bucket without using anything at all that society provides. I will be waiting.

See the vikings actually could make nails from scratch to repair their marooned ships and return to Europe next year. You can't even make a nail without the blessings of society, and yet you think you made your own wealth based on just your efforts!!!!

Hilarious!

you wish, "oddball".

So, you got that bucket of "society" to lend me, or not?

Gimme my bucket of "government" first.

Oh I forgot, we need a whole society to produce a bucket.

Tell you what, you make me a bucket without using anything at all that society provides. I will be waiting.

See the vikings actually could make nails from scratch to repair their marooned ships and return to Europe next year. You can't even make a nail without the blessings of society, and yet you think you made your own wealth based on just your efforts!!!!

Hilarious!
"Government" can be properly defined as the collectivized use of force.

Your "society" can't be defined down that far...How 'bout you replace "society" with "Gawd" in your empty-headed collectivist authoritarian dreck and see how it reads.

Gawd ruled the universe alone for six days. But he too couldn't make a nail without help from human society.

I think it's the village where the Smurfs live.

Pretty lame dodge....What's this mythical "society" without the individuals acting?

Lame dodge?

The society is the collective of it's individuals. That's already been covered. Alone we shiver and shrivel to death as a group we can accomplish great things.

Man is after all a social animal.

It is a winning message. It worked for Carter after Watergate, for Reagan, for Clinton, for G.W. Bush, and for Obama.

what is sad about that?
It's a great way to get elected. It's a shitty way to run a country -- as recent history shows.

You're doing what the party propagandists want. You''re confusing politicking with governing.
Seems to me that Obama et. al. are making the same mistake.
Running the country on hope? To do so one would have to stop the government from functioning and hope things would get better on it's own.
You think the government is functioning now?

NewsBusters' Huston falsely claims Obama responsible for funding "Chinese hookers" study

May 13, 2009 1:09 pm ET

SUMMARY: NewsBusters' Warner Todd Huston falsely claimed that President Obama funded a $2.6 million NIH grant to "help train Chinese prostitutes to 'drink responsibly on the job.' " In fact, the grant was awarded during the Bush administration.

In a May 13 blog entry posted on several conservative blogs, NewsBusters contributing writer Warner Todd Huston falsely claimed that President Obama funded a $2.6 million National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to "help train Chinese prostitutes to 'drink responsibly on the job.' " In the post -- headlined, "Obama Pays to Treat Alcoholism in Chinese Hookers" -- Huston claimed that "the President of 'change' seems to be The One that drunken Chinese prostitutes 'have been waiting for.' ... [D]id Obama become president of Chinese hookers, too?" In fact, the NIH grant, which will "establish and evaluate whether an alcohol and HIV intervention center can assist in reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS among sex workers in China," was awarded during the Bush administration. Indeed, the very source Huston cited in making the claim -- a May 12 Cybercast News Service (CNS) article -- reported that the grant was "made last November." A Wayne State University press release announcing the grant was issued on November 5, 2008.

Bret Baier and Glenn Beck each also referred to the $2.6 million NIH grant during the May 12 broadcasts of their respective Fox News programs and portrayed the grant as controversial, but neither mentioned that the grant was made during the Bush administration.
I don't care who signed the check. It's an astoundingly stupid way to spend tax dollars.
The Bushies apparently thought it was a good way to help keep AIDS from spreading.
Really? I thought they figured a better way was for people not to engage in risky behaviors.

Really? I thought they figured a better way was for people not to engage in risky behaviors.
You 'thought'? Read the article and the links and then you will know. I even bolded it:

In fact, the NIH grant, which will "establish and evaluate whether an alcohol and HIV intervention center can assist in reducing the spread of HIV/AIDS among sex workers in China," was awarded during the Bush administration

And:

You can tax a nation into prosperity.

The difference being that the teapartiers actually are asserting that extending the tax breaks will reduce the deficit.
And they will, if the government doesn't immediately spend even more than the increased revenue, like they did with Bush's tax cuts.

there isn't gonna be any increased revenue! Revenues under lower tax rates only rise if incomes increase. That won't happen soon no matter what.

If you think the government owns everything and then gives you money, you like tax hikes. Of course that looks and feels an awful lot like theft to those who are earning the money.

If you think you can spend what you earn better than the government will spend it for you, you like tax cuts. Those who want to spend your money rather than you spending it yourself will of course call that theft.

But want to know where the worst theft is these days? Takes a few minutes but listen to and ponder this video. (Disclaimer: one or two points need some adjusting, but basicly it gets the concept across):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Forum List

Back