Sweden's Dockworkers Won't Unload Tesla's

No shit that’s not how dockworkers contracts work. I highly doubt their contract with their employer allows for selecting what ships to unload. If they are in violation fine the union and fire those workers who are not honoring their contract and find people willing to abide by the agreed upon terms.
You are out of your league on this.

You are out of your league on this.
Says the person who doesn’t understand how unions contracts work. You let your disgust for Musk get in the way of common sense. Have you ever been in a union or read a labour agreement?

Sweden is Europe's 5th biggest market for Tesla. The dock workers refuse to unload any Tesla cars as they are in solidarity with Tesla mechanics.

"Tesla Service workers have gone on strike across Sweden due to Tesla’s refusal to sign a collective bargaining agreement. In response, Swedish dockworkers have stated that they will refuse to unload Tesla vehicles in Swedish ports unless the conflict is resolved quickly"

The dock workers say they used to unload 2 to 3 ships a week. Now they aren't.

Tesla has been unwilling to allow unionization at any of their facilities. I can see Tesla pulling out of Sweden completely.

No sweat. Unload in Denmark and truck them in. Or Poland.

Europe just ain't big enough to make this an issue.

Screenshot_20231115-114135-268.png

Says the person who doesn’t understand how unions contracts work. You let your disgust for Musk get in the way of common sense. Have you ever been in a union or read a labour agreement?
In other words you know jack about this issue in Sweden.

In other words you know jack about this issue in Sweden.
And yet I’m still more informed than you about the subject. So have you ever been in a union and read a labor agreement? It’s ok to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about everyone who read your posts already knows that.

And yet I’m still more informed than you about the subject. So have you ever been in a union and read a labor agreement? It’s ok to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about everyone who read your posts already knows that.
I've been in a Union, so yes. When you realize you don't know the issue is in Sweden, not in the US, GFY.

I've been in a Union, so yes. When you realize you don't know the issue is in Sweden, not in the US, GFY.
And did any of those union contracts allow you to selectively do the agreed upon work Or did they bind you to complete the agreed upon tasks. No need to answer we all no it’s the later. Your whole point is because it’s Sweden they somehow are exempt from being bound by the labor agreement the union agreed to. Again you’re letting your bias get in the way of your common sense

And did any of those union contracts allow you to selectively do the agreed upon work Or did they bind you to complete the agreed upon tasks. No need to answer we all no it’s the later. Your whole point is because it’s Sweden they somehow are exempt from being bound by the labor agreement the union agreed to. Again you’re letting your bias get in the way of your common sense
I'm biased? Look in the mirror, bluto.

okfine is losing this debate badly

I would much rather be associated with his reasonable argument than the emotional illogic you are offering
You would rather argue. A defenseless argument. Tesla thinks they can play by different rules and the Union in Sweden has them buy the balls. Comprehend?

Nope. The new Tesla owner will most likely have to go to Germany where the car was shipped from.
Sweden has solidaristic laws. If, IMO, Tesla wants their cars off loaded they will have to negotiate with the mechanics.
Or just say screw it.

If they don't want to fix the cars then they can go find some other work.

Elon has tons of "fuck you" money and doesn't have to put up with Union assholes.

Fuck unions.

Sweden is Europe's 5th biggest market for Tesla. The dock workers refuse to unload any Tesla cars as they are in solidarity with Tesla mechanics.

"Tesla Service workers have gone on strike across Sweden due to Tesla’s refusal to sign a collective bargaining agreement. In response, Swedish dockworkers have stated that they will refuse to unload Tesla vehicles in Swedish ports unless the conflict is resolved quickly"

The dock workers say they used to unload 2 to 3 ships a week. Now they aren't.

Tesla has been unwilling to allow unionization at any of their facilities. I can see Tesla pulling out of Sweden completely.

Okay, leave it to Muslim rape gangs.
I think you downplay anti-EV thought but I will let that go...

Or just say screw it.

If they don't want to fix the cars then they can go find some other work.

Elon has tons of "fuck you" money and doesn't have to put up with Union assholes.

Fuck unions.
That Union's German affiliate is going to do the same at a Tesla factory in Berlin.

And in this country with the UAW...
Union job shops. Not only Tesla, either.

You would rather argue. A defenseless argument. Tesla thinks they can play by different rules and the Union in Sweden has them buy the balls. Comprehend?
But that’s not what’s happening, The dockworkers are trying to play by different rules and not do the agreed upon labor. The dockworkers are not sticking it to Tesla. They are screwing over the shipping company and its employees by preventing them from unloading and going on the the next job to support their families. They are screwing over the Swed citizens who wish to either purchase a Tesla or preventing those who have prepaid for one getting their delivery. You are too concerned about trying to pull a gotcha on Tesla to understand how this affects everyone involved.

Last edited:
But that’s not what’s happening, The dockworkers are trying to play by different rules and not do the agreed upon labor. The dockworkers are not sticking it to Tesla. They are screwing over the shipping company and its employees by preventing them from unloading and going on the the next job to support their families. They are screwing over the Swiss citizens who wish to either purchase a Tesla or preventing those who have prepaid for one getting their delivery. You are too concerned about trying to pull a gotcha on Tesla to understand how this affects everyone involved.
Swiss? You are confused. Quit blowing smoke. You look the fool.

What does a Tesla mechanic do? I mean, what is there to fix on one? All there is is a battery, a couple of motors and a few electronic pods.
??? Really?
Windshields, windows, brakes, lights, etc. Not only that, body work and paint. Those Tesla mechanics do PDI's (pre delivery inspections) where dents and nicks happen during transport or missed at the factory.

Forum List

Back