Sweden's Dockworkers Won't Unload Tesla's

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Sweden is Europe's 5th biggest market for Tesla. The dock workers refuse to unload any Tesla cars as they are in solidarity with Tesla mechanics.

"Tesla Service workers have gone on strike across Sweden due to Tesla’s refusal to sign a collective bargaining agreement. In response, Swedish dockworkers have stated that they will refuse to unload Tesla vehicles in Swedish ports unless the conflict is resolved quickly"

The dock workers say they used to unload 2 to 3 ships a week. Now they aren't.

Tesla has been unwilling to allow unionization at any of their facilities. I can see Tesla pulling out of Sweden completely.

Sweden is Europe's 5th biggest market for Tesla. The dock workers refuse to unload any Tesla cars as they are in solidarity with Tesla mechanics.

"Tesla Service workers have gone on strike across Sweden due to Tesla’s refusal to sign a collective bargaining agreement. In response, Swedish dockworkers have stated that they will refuse to unload Tesla vehicles in Swedish ports unless the conflict is resolved quickly"

The dock workers say they used to unload 2 to 3 ships a week. Now they aren't.

Tesla has been unwilling to allow unionization at any of their facilities. I can see Tesla pulling out of Sweden completely.

I can see dockworkers losing their jobs. Selective striking usually isn't allowed under collective bargaining.

• Banned
I can see dockworkers losing their jobs. Selective striking usually isn't allowed under collective bargaining.
Nope. Sweden is heavy on Unions.

"Tesla has no factories in Sweden, but it does employ around 120 mechanics to tune up and fix their cars. The union of such workers, IF Metall, has been trying for years to get Tesla to the bargaining table, as is the norm in Sweden, where roughly 90 percent of the workforce is represented by unions. The very idea is anathema, of course, to Elon Musk, who believes such matters at the company, and perhaps in the world at large, are best left to Elon Musk. After Musk responded with a flat No to recognize the union, the mechanics walked off the job on October 27 and remain on strike"

Last edited:
Nope. Sweden is heavy on Unions.

"Tesla has no factories in Sweden, but it does employ around 120 mechanics to tune up and fix their cars. The union of such workers, IF Metall, has been trying for years to get Tesla to the bargaining table, as is the norm in Sweden, where roughly 90 percent of the workforce is represented by unions. The very idea is anathema, of course, to Elon Musk, who believes such matters at the company, and perhaps in the world at large, are best left to Elon Musk. After Musk responded with a flat No to recognize the union, the mechanics walked off the job on October 27 and remain on strike"

This is just an extension of your MuskHate.

Dockworkers can't selectively decide what to load and unload.

This is just an extension of your MuskHate.

Dockworkers can't selectively decide what to load and unload.
Lol, evidently they can and are. You know hence the conversation we are currently involved in. Not sure I care either way about all of this. Not sure I understood all of this. Seems a bit different than the way things work here. Evidently these mechanics are actually Tesla employees? All the mechanics I have ever dealt with were not employees of the manufacturer.

Lol, evidently they can and are. You know hence the conversation we are currently involved in. Not sure I care either way about all of this. Not sure I understood all of this. Seems a bit different than the way things work here. Evidently these mechanics are actually Tesla employees? All the mechanics I have ever dealt with were not employees of the manufacturer.

Tesla works through company owned dealers, I believe, not independent dealers as with most other manufacturers.

are they owned by Tesla or are they independent companies?
You should educate yourself on Tesla. NO dealerships. They call it a Tesla Store where you look at the vehicle on display. No salesman. It's like buying on Amazon.

You should educate yourself on Tesla. NO dealerships. They call it a Tesla Store where you look at the vehicle on display. No salesman. It's like buying on Amazon.

It's the same as saying a company owned dealership.

Tesla works through company owned dealers, I believe, not independent dealers as with most other manufacturers.
Ya, that is different. Not saying better or worse but different. Been a long time since I have dealt with a mechanic of any sort. I do all my own work on my vehicles. Oh well not real sure how much I care about what happened in Sweden.

Fire them and find someone willing to do the job. I highly doubt their contract allows for this. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Nope. The new Tesla owner will most likely have to go to Germany where the car was shipped from.
Sweden has solidaristic laws. If, IMO, Tesla wants their cars off loaded they will have to negotiate with the mechanics.

Nope. The new Tesla owner will most likely have to go to Germany where the car was shipped from.
Sweden has solidaristic laws. If, IMO, Tesla wants their cars off loaded they will have to negotiate with the mechanics.
IMO if the dockworkers are in violation of the contract they should be fired immediately. I’ve never seen any labor agreement that allows workers to selectively do their jobs. Hold them accountable

IMO if the dockworkers are in violation of the contract they should be fired immediately. I’ve never seen any labor agreement that allows workers to selectively do their jobs. Hold them accountable
So you don’t think union workers should honor the contract they signed?

57,000 Swedish dockworkers in solidarity do not have a contract with Tesla.
No shit that’s not how dockworkers contracts work. I highly doubt their contract with their employer allows for selecting what ships to unload. If they are in violation fine the union and fire those workers who are not honoring their contract and find people willing to abide by the agreed upon terms.

Scumbag union thugs, do they come in any other flavor? So the innocent shipping company and crew will suffer because these union scum are having a hissy fit? Let the lawsuits ensue.

Forum List

Back