Unions, Strikes, and My Entry Into Local Politics

A corporate purchasing department is sent a requisition for Widgets. The Req includes a detailed specification and a few "nice to have" features. The Buyer goes out to all of the known sources of Widgets with the specifications, nice-to-haves, and requests firm price bids. He selects the best bid, all things considered.

A corporate HR department is sent a requisition for a computer programmer. The HR department solicits resumes based on the job spec. The responsive, qualified candidates are interviewed. Each is asked for his target salary. They hire the one whose value and "price" add up to the best fit for the position.

Is this "evil"? Is the company being unfair by getting the best value for its money?

a liberal simple lacks the IQ to understand that an company is managed for the benefit of consumers not employees.
You mean for Directors, CEOs and Stock Holders.
Corporations hire Computer Programmers from India because they're cheap.

100% stupid!! all capitalist businesses try to survive by producing as cheaply as possible.

See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance

I agree 99.9999% that capitalist businesses try to survive by producing as cheaply as possible.
I also agree 99.9999% that capitalist businesses that need not sweat spare money on R&D still produce as cheaply as possible.

And that's why I admire the very few capitalist businesses that spend lots of money on R&D and wind up crushing the businesses that run on cheap.

A corporate purchasing department is sent a requisition for Widgets. The Req includes a detailed specification and a few "nice to have" features. The Buyer goes out to all of the known sources of Widgets with the specifications, nice-to-haves, and requests firm price bids. He selects the best bid, all things considered.

A corporate HR department is sent a requisition for a computer programmer. The HR department solicits resumes based on the job spec. The responsive, qualified candidates are interviewed. Each is asked for his target salary. They hire the one whose value and "price" add up to the best fit for the position.

Is this "evil"? Is the company being unfair by getting the best value for its money?

a liberal simple lacks the IQ to understand that an company is managed for the benefit of consumers not employees.
You mean for Directors, CEOs and Stock Holders.

And if they hire bad ones, their competitors will shut them down. I can tell you that I get better service and products from my cable company, which has multiple competitors I can turn to if I'm unhappy, than I do from the electric company, which is a government-sponsored monopoly with which I'm stuck. The electric company knows perfectly well it can get away with treating me badly, because there isn't a damned thing I can do about it.

no dear they hire from India to slavishly serve their customers with lower prices. Do you understand? Always remember that to survive under Republican capitalism you must manage a corporation in the best interests of your customer!. Econ 101, class one, day one.

do you understand now?

Last edited:

no dear they hire from India to slavishly serve their customers with lower prices. Do you understand? Always remember that to survive under Republican capitalism you must manage a corporation in the best interests of your customer!. Econ 101, class one, day one.

do you understand now?

You may not notice how boring your repetition is, but I do.
Microsoft has raised their prices to the point where almost NO ONE but corporations have been upgrading the MS Office since 2007.
Many since 2000.
You are an idiot who does no research on anything you post.

Microsoft has raised their prices to the point where almost NO ONE but corporations have been upgrading the MS Office since 2007.
Many since 2000.

dear, If I disagree I'll pay you $10,000. Do you know what a strawman is????

You are a moron whose ego will not allow facts to get in the way of his arrogance.
You have come up with NOTHING to contradict the violation of Comparative Advantage and this is my last response to your lack of knowledge on the thread until you respond intelligently, which by your posting history in every thread here, you have demonstrated a total lack of ability.

You have come up with NOTHING to contradict the violation of Comparative Advantage

dear stupid, comparative advantage says we should buy bananas from SA where they grow naturally for 5 cents a pound rather than employ millions here to grow them in greehouses at $20/lbs.

Now do you understand??

You have come up with NOTHING to contradict the violation of Comparative Advantage

dear stupid, comparative advantage says we should buy bananas from SA where they grow naturally for 5 cents a pound rather than employ millions here to grow them in greehouses at $20/lbs.

Now do you understand??

For those of you who are curious and would like to see how I have repeatedly completely crushed EB, please read from...
Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

As EB simply reposts the same old disproven sound bites, I will simply post this message so that I don't have to keep reposting the same facts.

My apologies in advance for EB being a didactic idiot.

Now do you understand??

For those of you who are curious and would like to see how I have repeatedly completely crushed EB, please read from...
Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

As EB simply reposts the same old disproven sound bites, I will simply post this message so that I don't have to keep reposting the same facts.

dear stupid, comparative advantage says we should buy bananas from SA where they grow naturally for 5 cents a pound rather than employ millions here to grow them in greenhouses at $20/lbs.

Now do you understand??

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

dear stupid, comparative advantage says we should buy bananas from SA where they grow naturally for 5 cents a pound rather than employ millions here to grow them in greenhouses at $20/lbs.

I will now do an EB...I will REPOST what I have ALREADY posted.

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

Now do you understand??

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

post to which you lack the IQ to respond:

dear stupid liberal , comparative advantage says we should buy bananas from SA where they grow naturally for 5 cents a pound rather than employ millions here to grow them in greenhouses at $20/lbs because they have a comparative advantage in bananas.

You don't have the IQ to understand do you?

Now do you understand??

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

post to which you lack the IQ to respond:

dear stupid liberal , comparative advantage says we should buy bananas from SA where they grow naturally for 5 cents a pound rather than employ millions here to grow them in greenhouses at $20/lbs because they have a comparative advantage in bananas.

You don't have the IQ to understand do you?

Page 6, Message 58
Page 12, Message 115

Forum List

Back