Supercore inflation catastrophe in the works

The CPI is everything right now, and it is continuing to climb, and still slightly worse than anticipated even now.
Most Americans don't know what CPI is, because the media almost never talks about it. And this President sure as HELL isn't going to bring it up.
It is the most meaningful way to measure inflation for the average person. The over stated monthly inflation % is only useful for investors. Inflations can be in record lows... but prices are still in record highs... which is what is measured by CPI.
Yup

Top 5% ....includes me. Bottom 95%.... Not so much.

I guess everyone on this forum is the top 5%.

So, is the top 5% based on wealth or income? What levels of each does one need to be in the top 5%

The all important CPI - and why this administration is hiding from it.

Prices almost always rise. As you can see, since 1985, prices have been rising at the same pace till 2021.
In 2021, prices rose as they have not risen since the 1970s. From 2021 to 2024... we had 20 years worth of price increases happen in just 3 years.

That has not happened in over 50 years.

Democrats want you to believe this is not a problem.

ccc.jpg

I guess everyone on this forum is the top 5%.

So, is the top 5% based on wealth or income? What levels of each does one need to be in the top 5%
I know several here who live hand to mouth. Unfortunately here in North America we stopped training kids to think about the future back in the 60s.

Planning.....it's all about planning. Don't even need a high paying job if you plan. If not...you suffer later.

I know several here who live hand to mouth.

Not a single person on here has admitted to such that I have seen. The only person who said they were suffering said they could not afforded two eggs for breakfast and that her cup of coffee she makes at home now cost 2 bucks...oh and she suffers by being forced to drive though poor neighborhoods on the way to the golf course

The all important CPI - and why this administration is hiding from it.

Prices almost always rise. As you can see, since 1985, prices have been rising at the same pace till 2021.
In 2021, prices rose as they have not risen since the 1970s. From 2021 to 2024... we had 20 years worth of price increases happen in just 3 years.

That has not happened in over 50 years.

Democrats want you to believe this is not a problem.

View attachment 930981
Yep....there it is!

Planning.....it's all about planning. Don't even need a high paying job if you plan. If not...you suffer later.

Getting a high paying job helps make up for lack of planning early on.

Unfortunately here in North America we stopped training kids to think about the future back in the 60s.

Instant gratification is the fuel that runs our economy.

Not a single person on here has admitted to such that I have seen. The only person who said they were suffering said they could not afforded two eggs for breakfast and that her cup of coffee she makes at home now cost 2 bucks...oh and she suffers by being forced to drive though poor neighborhoods on the way to the golf course
I saw that exchange..
.people are not apt to share that type of info. I know what I know from the PMs not the board.

Let's face it if we have time to post here....we have too much time.

Instant gratification is the fuel that runs our economy

Wisdom....truth

You wasted your time writing all of this.
It is meaningless, and off topic. Your single experience has no bearing on anything but your life.
Nothing else.
Not trying to be an ass, just realistic.
I tend to vote on how things effect me, and mine. We elect representatives to represent and react to how things effect the masses. Vote your wallet is a common saying. I think all citizens should vote their own best interests, instead of being subject to the arguments others make, supporting a mass cause or projection, making decisions on what political campaigns think you should think.

I tend to vote on how things effect me, and mine. We elect representatives to represent and react to how things effect the masses. Vote your wallet is a common saying. I think all citizens should vote their own best interests, instead of being subject to the arguments others make, supporting a mass cause or projection, making decisions on what political campaigns think you should think.
Yes

And that is a fine opinion. Sadly, quite rare today.
And I share it.
However, I sure hope you aren't saying that the OP is a projection?

And I share it.
The single biggest mistake being made by the Dems right now is refusal to acknowledge the financial suffering of 85 to 90 percent of the nation.

And I share it.

It is politically expedient right now for one party and its members to push the inflation talk as much as possible to gain votes in Nov. This is not done out of care for those that are hurting, it is done to gain votes, nothing more

It is politically expedient right now for one party and its members to push the inflation talk as much as possible to gain votes in Nov. This is not done out of care for those that are hurting, it is done to gain votes, nothing more
So they should ignore it?
Are you kidding?
Consumer pricing is absolutely affecting everyone right now. Many are simply in an economic hell because of it. With all time high car loan delinquencies, rising credit card balances, mortgage defaults.
People are really hurting.
You think the Democrat message of saying the economy is booming is the right message?????????

So they should ignore it?
Are you kidding?
Consumer pricing is absolutely affecting everyone right now. Many are simply in an economic hell because of it. With all time high car loan delinquencies, rising credit card balances, mortgage defaults.
People are really hurting.
You think the Democrat message of saying the economy is booming is the right message?????????

I think how someone views the economy is based 100% how where they stand in it.

I think both messages are pure partisan bullshit and neither side really gives a flying fuck about we the people. All anyone cares about is more votes for their beloved party.

I think how someone views the economy is based 100% how where they stand in it.

I think both messages are pure partisan bullshit and neither side really gives a flying fuck about we the people. All anyone cares about is more votes for their beloved party.
Which you are partaking in by saying the only reason someone talks about the economic devastating CPI is to win an election.
That is just plain dumb. And a great example of partisan bullshit you speak of.

Which you are partaking in by saying the only reason someone talks about the economic devastating CPI is to win an election.
That is just plain dumb. And a great example of partisan bullshit you speak of.

I call it like I see it. I call out both sides for it, one side calls it the end of the world as we know it and blame it all on one man, the other side says "nothing to see here".

Reality is somewhere in the middle.

But you partisan hacks cannot ever see the middle, it is the nature of being a partisan hack.

And I share it.
No. It can be serious, and I know that. At present, not that serious to me, in my evaluations. The anti-biden clan has been making inflation a big determinate, so we see lots of tables, memes, accusations of responsibility, etc. I simply stop and look at the effects on me and mine, which are frankly not significant at this time and not nearly as significant as two years ago, when the initial effects of the money dump of Cares act was causing the inflationary reaction of all that free cash being dumped into the system, to start it travel back to the top.

Naturally, I would prefer inflation below 2%, but that is a tricky needle to get threaded. The Ratchet Effect will never allow prices to be back at pre-Covid/Covid money dump level, no matter what political partisans wish or project to be true. This is an area, people view politically, yet more effected at this time by The Fed (appointed banker/economists) more than any president.

Their actions after the 2008-2009 crash were reasonable and comparatively quickly addressed the monetary problem, considering the size of our economy. Again in the year after high post covid money dump, their actions again proved reasonable and effect, looked at in the lens of my history living through the long-term high inflation of the late 70s through the late 80s. I may have made A's in econ courses at a good business school, but still an amateur. They are the pros, and based on their performance and judgement, I am not unhappy with their effectiveness, so adopting a wait, watch, extend latitude and observe attitude at this time.

Forum List

Back