Supercore inflation catastrophe in the works

Interesting what is driving this...why the fuck is auto insurance up 22%.

View attachment 930587
Hmmmm. It is interesting to look at the personal affects on me, as a retired person, debt free.
1. My auto insurance did not go up last year on my full coverage of two SUVs.
2. I pay no rent.
3. Our housing was paid of years before adding the Pool, the privacy/security fensing, the roof over the back deck, fire pits, outdoor heating, landscaping, etc.
4. Personal care expense for PJ and I have not significantly increased.
5. Earnings have increase over the last 5 years, keeping us ahead of the economy.
6. Inflation has indeed increased, reflected in several areas of spending, but aiding in investments, since we are not significantly using those funds.
7. Household energy is up slightly in last few years, with the pool.
8. Educational expense dropped dramatically in last ten years with all kids out of college.
9. Alcohol expense has indeed increased, but we like it, when we like it.
10. Recreation expenses have ballooned over the last 10 years, after retirement, but covered under marginal income, so not presenting problem or credit card debt, as we carry no credit card debt as a rule.
11. Pets and Pet products have increased, as Lexie is not getting any younger and we have more out-of-pocket healthcare expense on her, than either one of us.
12. Gasoline is indeed higher, but we mitigate that far below national average by intelligent shopping and fuel points through Kroger, except when traveling on vacations or for recreation.
13. Groceries are significantly higher, but at the same time, help offset fuel and we love to eat.
14. College Tuition is a thing of the past. We and our kids have no remaining college dept and have not had any lasting more than a year.
15. Prescription Drugs are minimal, and covered under medicare and TriCare for life.
16. Clothing expense has seen no major increase, but we no longer have to dress for work.
17. New Vehicles? Nope. We are keeping and maintaining the vehicles we have. Hers requiring nothing but routine, but mine has had significant maintenance and painting expense, as it has gotten and gets hard use and abuse.
18. Electronics. For us, we are spending less, last month putting a new Samsung QLED smart TV on the back deck with better picture, sound, computer programming, casting and BlueTooth capabilities than any of the Sony Smart TVs in the house, but at close to half the price of the Sony brand we have been faithful to for 30 years.
19. Hotel Rooms are higher, but we only use them a very few times a year, though beach and mountain ski slope lease expenses are significantly higher expense then in the 90s or early 2000s before retirement.
20. Used Vehicles. Not much, but as I said, we do have some more maintenance expense on our vehicles.
21. School books and supplies. Zero.
22. Furniture. Now significant expense except outdoor furniture.
23. Appliances, modern and holding up well, not buying in major ones in last 5 years.
24. Airfare expense is up compared to 20 years ago before skying, but we plan well in advance and get pretty good deals when traveling for skying, other than that, we drive, as PJ hates to fly.
25. Toys? Uh, no. It has been over 5 years since I even bought a new kayak.
26. Rental Cars. Well no bragging about Rental cars on 4 wheel drive SUVs at Denver Airport, that is for sure.
So, overall, we are not inconvenienced by the Biden economy, but no economy has laid a glove on us since the Bush Crash in 2008/2009. I planned for retirement and set up the income streams I thought necessary to sustain us, and worked the plan, starting early, so we would be insulated from yearly ups and downs. Everybody should or should have.

Hmmmm. It is interesting to look at the personal affects on me, as a retired person, debt free.
2. I pay no rent.
3. Our housing was paid of years before adding the Pool, the privacy/security fensing, the roof over the back deck, fire pits, outdoor heating, landscaping, etc.
5. Earnings have increase over the last 5 years, keeping us ahead of the economy.
6. Inflation has indeed increased, reflected in several areas of spending, but aiding in investments, since we are not significantly using those funds.
8. Educational expense dropped dramatically in last ten years with all kids out of college.
10. Recreation expenses have ballooned over the last 10 years, after retirement, but covered under marginal income, so not presenting problem or credit card debt, as we carry no credit card debt as a rule.
11. Pets and Pet products have increased, as Lexie is not getting any younger and we have more out-of-pocket healthcare expense on her, than either one of us.
12. Gasoline is indeed higher, but we mitigate that far below national average by intelligent shopping and fuel points through Kroger, except when traveling on vacations or for recreation.
13. Groceries are significantly higher, but at the same time, help offset fuel and we love to eat.
14. College Tuition is a thing of the past. We and our kids have no remaining college dept and have not had any lasting more than a year.
15. Prescription Drugs are minimal, and covered under medicare and TriCare for life.
16. Clothing expense has seen no major increase, but we no longer have to dress for work.
17. New Vehicles? Nope. We are keeping and maintaining the vehicles we have. Hers requiring nothing but routine, but mine has had significant maintenance and painting expense, as it has gotten and gets hard use and abuse.
18. Electronics. For us, we are spending less, last month putting a new Samsung QLED smart TV on the back deck with better picture, sound, computer programming, casting and BlueTooth capabilities than any of the Sony Smart TVs in the house, but at close to half the price of the Sony brand we have been faithful to for 30 years.
19. Hotel Rooms are higher, but we only use them a very few times a year, though beach and mountain ski slope lease expenses are significantly higher expense then in the 90s or early 2000s before retirement.
20. Used Vehicles. Not much, but as I said, we do have some more maintenance expense on our vehicles.
23. Appliances, modern and holding up well, not buying in major ones in last 5 years.
24. Airfare expense is up compared to 20 years ago before skying, but we plan well in advance and get pretty good deals when traveling for skying, other than that, we drive, as PJ hates to fly.
26. Rental Cars. Well no bragging about Rental cars on 4 wheel drive SUVs at Denver Airport, that is for sure.
So, overall, we are not inconvenienced by the Biden economy, but no economy has laid a glove on us since the Bush Crash in 2008/2009. I planned for retirement and set up the income streams I thought necessary to sustain us, and worked the plan, starting early, so we would be insulated from yearly ups and downs. Everybody should or should have.
Only a small percentage actually plan. Some think they do until...

In fact, if it didn't go down due to insurance companies' experience, it went up.

Mine went down about $100 and I was forgiven an accident that wasn't my fault. Due to my clean record over a stupulated number of years.

Only a small percentage actually plan. Some think they do until...
My parents and grandparents lived through the depression. I lived through the late 70s through the 80s. I had a conservative influenced upbringing. It would have been foolish to ignore and not plan for a stable future. You are probably correct. It still is foolish of those that do not or did not.

My parents and grandparents lived through the depression. I lived through the late 70s through the 80s. I had a conservative influenced upbringing. It would have been foolish to ignore and not plan for a stable future. You are probably correct. It still is foolish of those that do not or did not.
Yes

The dow is shitting the bed again and so much for the expected buying rally after yesterday's bed shitting.Markets go up and down. They are near all time highs. We did 21% in the last 12 months.
We are allek doing much better than two years ago.
The Duke: In general and by and large, the opposite of that is true
Boevans: False, you shamful duck.

If they are it's in spite of the FJB administration.
That type of repetitious droning bespeaks self-hypnotism and a desperate attempt to look away from the facts.

There are small number of people who are doing well because they planed ahead and they are heavily vested in Wall Street.

Several of the lefties here keep bragging about their portfolios but on the other side of their mouth they're complaining about the CEOs who made those portfolios possible.

I find that quite amusing. Except for that small number the majority of the median income households who live from week to week are not only suffering but the suffering is accelerating as we speak.

To say that inflation has decreased over The past few years is duplicitous. It's very much like saying that the gash in your femoral artery it's only bleeding about half as much as it was so stop complaining.

2. I pay no rent.
You wasted your time writing all of this.
It is meaningless, and off topic. Your single experience has no bearing on anything but your life.
Nothing else.
Not trying to be an ass, just realistic.

You wasted your time writing all of this.
It is meaningless, and off topic. Your single experience has no bearing on anything but your life.
Nothing else.
Not trying to be an ass, just realistic.

thus is the reality for all of us. The only "economy" that matters to anyone is our own.

Now, some partisans pretend to care about those that are hurting based upon who is sitting in the White House. But it is only done for political purposes.

There are small number of people who are doing well because they planed ahead and they are heavily vested in Wall Street.

Everybody on this forum is doing well. Seems it is more than just a small number of people doing well

The CPI is everything right now, and it is continuing to climb, and still slightly worse than anticipated even now.
Most Americans don't know what CPI is, because the media almost never talks about it. And this President sure as HELL isn't going to bring it up.
It is the most meaningful way to measure inflation for the average person. The over stated monthly inflation % is only useful for investors. Inflations can be in record lows... but prices are still in record highs... which is what is measured by CPI.

Forum List

Back