Super Bowl thread - Predictions and trash talk

I was wondering the same thing.
A hard hitting defensive back like a Ronnie Lott or Jack Tatum would have laid Hurts out on those QB sneak plays.

I'm not sure any DB could get to him? The D-line and O-line are in the way for any clean hit. He is being pushed (almost carried) from one or two at his back.
KC DL Jones? jumped over the pile once and hit him head-on but without firm footing Hurts is big enough to overcome the Biggest on the D-Line (who is in the air).

Last edited:
A QB has to judge when a receiver is going to be where and float the pass to that "predicted" spot, dropping it as close he can to that spot. Any time a ball drops in 10-20 yds past the receiver it gives me pause? Why was that receiver lagging behind? Is Mahomes throwing it away? Apparently the Hold did affect the route as Mahomes would have sent it out of the end zone if "trying to throw it away"? IMVHO.

But we all would have liked for the Zebra not to be put in that position. Chiefs were able to run out the clock after that.
Lost in the shuffle is the Chiefs re-tooled at half and dominated on offense all of the second half.

I'm not sure any DB could get to him? The D-line and O-line are in the way for any clean hit. He is being pushed (almost carried) from one or two at his back.
KC DL Jones? jumped over the pile once and hit him head-on but without firm footing Hurts is big enough to overcome the Biggest on the D-Line (who is in the air).
It is definitely difficult, however I've seen a blitzing safety or linebacker stop an over the top sneak by getting to the middle of the pile, it's obviously more effective on a running back coming over the center out of the backfield.

One other thought I have to add: The slipping on that field is ridiculous, especially on the paint. They should never play a playoff game in that stadium again until it is replaced.

I think that turf is replaced often? this is the one they pull out (on rails) to bask in the sun....then pull it back in? I think it was relatively new. Slipping was less after they found better cleats to wear? maybe OK in last three quarters?

A woman is entering the thread….

Starting with the second half, it was the most exciting SB I’ve seen in years. They’re usually very lopsided and boring. I enjoyed it.

It is definitely difficult, however I've seen a blitzing safety or linebacker stop an over the top sneak by getting to the middle of the pile, it's obviously more effective on a running back coming over the center out of the backfield.

I dont think you stop it as much as you punish the team for running it.

The league likely makes rule changes so you cant run that type of scrum play next year anyway.

A woman is entering the thread….

Starting with the second half, it was the most exciting SB I’ve seen in years. They’re usually very lopsided and boring. I enjoyed it.
Lisa, you watched the NFL game?

I am disappointed in you.

Post game analysis:

Did you remember the TD's the Chiefs scored in the 2nd half, Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore? We'll, I've seen both broken down. Both Moore and Toney were WIDE open, as in, no one within 20 yards. Why? Reid punked the Eagles defensive coordinator.

Both previous plays put a man in motion, and the defense reacted to the motion player by bringing the safety up and the corner would then fall back and take the safety position. They ran a dry run-on second down the first TD, and once they realized this, they set up another motion pass play, this time directing the defense to one side, while they passed to the other.

They did the EXACT same play, in the same sequence (test the defense on second down) only they moved the motion man to the bottom, and then they ran the same play to the other side. Another wide open TD.

And yet, here you are.

I never said for people to boycott the game. I simply don't care. It is amusing to read the trash talking, which is why I am in this thread, and not the other one.

But that is too complex for a dim bulb like you to figure out.

Post game analysis:

Did you remember the TD's the Chiefs scored in the 2nd half, Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore? We'll, I've seen both broken down. Both Moore and Toney were WIDE open, as in, no one within 20 yards. Why? Reid punked the Eagles defensive coordinator.

Both previous plays put a man in motion, and the defense reacted to the motion player by bringing the safety up and the corner would then fall back and take the safety position. They ran a dry run-on second down the first TD, and once they realized this, they set up another motion pass play, this time directing the defense to one side, while they passed to the other.

They did the EXACT same play, in the same sequence (test the defense on second down) only they moved the motion man to the bottom, and then they ran the same play to the other side. Another wide open TD.
Yep and it’s why the Eagles got called for the holding call late in the game. They were running a similar route with Smith Schuster.

Lisa, you watched the NFL game?

I am disappointed in you.
First game I’ve watched since Kaepernick thumbed his nose at the country for how rich a black man can become here!

Please forgive me…..

Forum List

Back