Super Bowl thread - Predictions and trash talk

First game I’ve watched since Kaepernick thumbed his nose at the country for how rich a black man can become here!

Please forgive me…..
You normally have great moral clarity so we Patriots can forgive you for this one indiscretion.

I found something very disingenuous about running for a touchdown and having it open to you just a few feet ahead but deliberately falling down ahead of the end zone deliberately just to keep the clock running. Pretty cheesy move IMO.
It was the right football play. Why do you think the Eagles were letting hi score?

I found something very disingenuous about running for a touchdown and having it open to you just a few feet ahead but deliberately falling down ahead of the end zone deliberately just to keep the clock running. Pretty cheesy move IMO.
Maybe we should not allow "Throwing the ball away" if we can't have rules that affect the clock?. I understand what you are saying I think. It is disheartening when a team does not get any chance at the end because the other team simply stalls out the clock. Also, one of the most frustrating part of the game to me.

Maybe we should not allow "Throwing the ball away" if you don't like rules that affect the clock.

I'd just like a return of the SPORT, without political messages painted in the end zones, without suggestive messages on the backs of their helmets, played by players who played the game out of love and fierce competition more than to get rich, run by a league who was more about the competition and the game than it was protecting players because of their investment and worth throwing flags for 15 yards for players celebrating a big play or touching someone that neither affected the player nor the play taking 5 minutes to review each play in slow motion to see if a guy's knee touched a blade of grass .001 seconds before the ball crossed the plane and put some of the spontaneity and SPORT back into football.

Oh and, not make players play on fake grass painted over with so much crap and advertisements that players were slipping and falling everywhere just trying to stand there aout 75 times in the game.

330465702_938253420782644_4378774977572909467_n.jpg

200w.gif

This is what the refs did to poor Philadelphia last night, throwing a foreign object into their eyes.

giphy.0.gif

I just rewatched the game. It was a ticky-tacky bullshit penalty. They ignored such incidental contact (and worse) all through the game and, in no way did any contact by the defender hinder the receiver! And had there been no contact at all, there is no way that Smith-Schuster could have made it to the ball and caught it regardless. The guy ain't that fast.

What that penalty did was take away 1:40 that Phili would have had to go down and try to either score a winning TD or re-tie the game 38-38.

Maybe we should not allow "Throwing the ball away" if we can't have rules that affect the clock?. I understand what you are saying I think. It is disheartening when a team does not get any chance at the end because the other team simply stalls out the clock. Also, one of the most frustrating part of the game to me.
Strategy

Let me know when the Super Bowl becomes focused on the GAME again, not commercials, anthem singers, and an overblown, far too long halftime show. Then I might give a shit about it again.
And why would you think anyone would EVER give a shit about what YOU give a shit about?

This is 2X the Chiefs have benefitted from shit calls late in games. It's clear that fag as fuck Roger Goodell is catering to his State Farm poster boy Patrick Mahome and his ad darling sidekick Andy Reid
Yes, yes - everything - EVERYTHING - is a conspeeeeeracy!!! Everyone is plotting to get you. Watch your back!!

Paranoid idiocy aside, it wasn't a great call. But the only reason it was controversial was the timing. If it had happened early in the third quarter no one would be talking about it. Kinda like the bad call on the fumble that robbed Nick Bolton of a second defensive touchdown in the first half. That shit happens. Sirianni, a total class act, pointed this out in his post game. The Eagles got out-coached in the second half, that's all.

But with Sirianni and Hurts at the helm, they'll be back!

Forum List

Back