Super bowl halftime show

To me, the best halftime show was the one in 1994. If I remember right it was nothing but country music.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words of course, if there isn't any country music, I most likely will not tune in.

I used halftime (muted) to go make dinner and do something else on the internet in another window (I streamed the game). I hadn't seen the SNL sketch yet from the night before so I watched that, twice because it was hilarious, and then made dinner, and it STILL wasn't over with so I read War and Peace and the complete works of Shakespeare.

I figure Just Drowninlake (or Paul McCartney or Janet Jaxon or whoever) has as much to do with a football game as a national anthem does, so I give it the same treatment --- the mute button. Or in my case the pot on the mixer.

Janet Jaxon or whoever??? Do you mean JANET JACKSON, the sister of Michael Jackson? Do you live in a cave or something? :ack-1:

It's shorthand. My mother (who was from Mississippi) always wrote it like that.

You know who I meant, so ---- obviously it worked.

:th_panties: :SMILEW~130:

Why did she write it like that? What does being from Mississippi have to do with it? Are you claiming that people from Mississippi aren't capable of spelling?

I used halftime (muted) to go make dinner and do something else on the internet in another window (I streamed the game). I hadn't seen the SNL sketch yet from the night before so I watched that, twice because it was hilarious, and then made dinner, and it STILL wasn't over with so I read War and Peace and the complete works of Shakespeare.

I figure Just Drowninlake (or Paul McCartney or Janet Jaxon or whoever) has as much to do with a football game as a national anthem does, so I give it the same treatment --- the mute button. Or in my case the pot on the mixer.

Janet Jaxon or whoever??? Do you mean JANET JACKSON, the sister of Michael Jackson? Do you live in a cave or something? :ack-1:

Why did she write it like that? What does being from Mississippi have to do with it? Are you claiming that people from Mississippi aren't capable of spelling?

What's the capital of Mississippi? Just take a wild guess.

Even more reason why you should be able to spell it right! Damn you libs! What is the matter with you? You all live in bizarro world or something! :47:

So??? What did you think about it? Overhyped? Overrated? Too much Justin Timberlake? Not enough? Share your thoughts!

rs_600x600-180204173330-600.justin-timberlake-super-bowl.ct_.020418.jpg

I turned on Puppy Bowl.

Even more reason why you should be able to spell it right! Damn you libs! What is the matter with you? You all live in bizarro world or something! :47:

Literates like my family grow bored with the same-old. We invent new spellings, new languages ---- sometimes we even invent new football plays.

Literates like my family grow bored with the same-old. We invent new spellings, new languages ---- sometimes we even invent new football plays.

Because you were raised as an Eagles fan! :cool-45: That explains everything! :cryhug_1_:

Because you were raised as an Eagles fan! :cool-45: That explains everything! :cryhug_1_:

Lucky me eh? I know, I'm truly blessed.

One person's garbage is another's treasure! :biggrin:

Oh ain't that the troof. When Brady went out for a pass it was gobbige, but when Nick Foles did it --- treasure.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane. It was worth it.

Oh ain't that the troof. When Brady went out for a pass it was gobbige, but when Nick Foles did it --- treasure.

No I mean Eagles fans are like garbage. :D

Oh you want to take me out?

I knew I was charming but that was too easy.

Only if you wear a Tom Brady shirt! :eusa_dance:

How I look?

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,9ec0d5:0d26d5c715,front-c,392,146,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

How I look?

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,9ec0d5:0d26d5c715,front-c,392,146,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Nope. It would have to an official NFL Tom Brady jersey. Then you would have to pledge your allegiance to Patriots Nation!

Actually, I changed my mind. You would have to wear THIS one instead! :D Lol!

patsweb4s-3-web.jpg

Timberlake was pushed because of his politics not his talent because he has none. NSYNC was nothing more than the generic version of Backstreet Boys.

So??? What did you think about it? Overhyped? Overrated? Too much Justin Timberlake? Not enough? Share your thoughts!

I think nearly all of them are a big disappointment. I'm no Madonna fan but IMO, her show several years ago was the only one in recent memory that impressed me. Good MUSIC combined with good choreography and set design. Super-bowls are Big Money and who has big money to spend going to one? Kids, or Adults? Yet nearly all of the shows are aimed at the 20-somethings with some Pop artist. Timberlake had NO talent compared to real talent of the past----- no visual talent, no special voice or singing, not a good dancer or lyricist, and especially, the music was very weak. Musicians today rely on stage visuals to replace the lacking musicality. I mean, would you buy his music and listen to it on sound alone? Is it worth spending $5,000 or $10,000 on a stereo just for this? I mean, These people are pitiful compared to music stars of the past. The performance was hollow, wooden, predictable, uninvolving, and most of the time, his vocals were totally lost in the noise. Just another over-marketed teenage idol heart throb.

I think nearly all of them are a big disappointment. I'm no Madonna fan but IMO, her show several years ago was the only one in recent memory that impressed me. Good MUSIC combined with good choreography and set design. Super-bowls are Big Money and who has big money to spend going to one? Kids, or Adults? Yet nearly all of the shows are aimed at the 20-somethings with some Pop artist. Timberlake had NO talent compared to real talent of the past----- no visual talent, no special voice or singing, not a good dancer or lyricist, and especially, the music was very weak. Musicians today rely on stage visuals to replace the lacking musicality. I mean, would you buy his music and listen to it on sound alone? Is it worth spending $5,000 or $10,000 on a stereo just for this? I mean, These people are pitiful compared to music stars of the past. The performance was hollow, wooden, predictable, uninvolving, and most of the time, his vocals were totally lost in the noise. Just another over-marketed teenage idol heart throb.

I liked how Gaga jumped off the roof/stage last year. Lol! That was great. :D

Forum List

Back