Super bowl halftime show

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
So??? What did you think about it? Overhyped? Overrated? Too much Justin Timberlake? Not enough? Share your thoughts!

rs_600x600-180204173330-600.justin-timberlake-super-bowl.ct_.020418.jpg

it made me sad that people like tom petty used to make cool, original songs and then the timberlake playlist was such cookie cutter generic bullshit that any lame pop singer with an engineer coulda made it

it made me sad that people like tom petty used to make cool, original songs and then the timberlake playlist was such cookie cutter generic bullshit that any lame pop singer with an engineer coulda made it

You and me both G.T. I remember the good old days when you could buy a concert ticket and go there and hear them play almost like they do on the record you have at home.

The NFL played to their core audience, teenage girls.

Odd how the NFL can get the half-time show wrong so often but they do. They need to have more than one act every year.

Not a Timberlake fan but I tried to watch it. Pretty dull overall, dancing was meh. I still think of the the last few halftime shows, Katie Perry was the best. Don't like her politics but that show was kick ass!

I hear ya! I would rather them sing a few songs completely rather than the mish mash of nonsense we have to tolerate. I really didn't know what was going on, TBH. It seemed like a bunch of confusion to me! :dunno: All of that hype about how great it was going to be, and it was nothing but a big fat disappointment. :doubt: I guess that's the only way they can get people to even tune into the half time shows anymore.

A few years ago, they had Bruno Mars do the halftime show and they had just a little peep from the Chili Peppers which was a TOTAL TEASE. They should have had the Chili Peppers do the halftime show! Yeah! That would rock. :D

Appropriate for Super Bowl music.

Not a Timberlake fan but I tried to watch it. Pretty dull overall, dancing was meh. I still think of the the last few halftime shows, Katie Perry was the best. Don't like her politics but that show was kick ass!
Prince was the best halftime I ever saw.

Timberlake did a little Prince tribute, but honestly I didn't even recognize it as a Prince song at first because he sang it so differently. I can't recall the song right now though.

Forum List

Back