summer vacation.....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
taking suggestions....i live near san francisco....wife and two kids...1 boy-11... 1 girl-6

want to stay in the continental US......

what should we go see.....

Current events and fun all rolled into one.

POC_1_998.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLiQBV6A7c[/ame]

Mobile, AL. Rent a house on the beach at Gulf Shores or Fort Morgan. Takle is the USS Alabama. Do some redfish and speckeld trout fishing. Take an alligator tour. Fun stuff.

beachclubcoolview.jpg

I'll be going deep sea fishing in South Carolina this year. Can't wait.

I'll be going deep sea fishing in South Carolina this year. Can't wait.

Charleston, SC is a great destination as well. Lots of history, plenty to do and beautiful beaches.

Oh I know. I've enjoyed the east coast all through out childhood. We'll probably hit up Myrtle Beach, go fishing, and then road trip north to Virginia Beach. Like I said, I can't wait.

My daughter absolutely adores horses and I would love to take her to see the wild horses of Assateague Island and Chincoteague.

Wild Horses of Assateague and Chincoteague - Wild Horses of the Southeast - Southeast US Travel

AssateagueWildHorses_nps_500.jpg

In the past, we've had good times at Virginia Beach and Norfolk. There is a beautiful museum in Norfolk called the Nauticus which has a lot of hands-on exhibits. My 7 year old still remembers going through a shark's mouth when we went up the escalator. Nauticus I've also heard great reviews on the Virginia Aquarium. Official Virginia Aquarium Web Site

Last year, we did the Historic Triangle -- Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. The only downfall was that even though we went in early June, there was heatwave and the scorching heat limited our activities. We will go back to Colonial Williamsburg in a few more years because at the time the kids were 9 and 6 and they were a bit too young for the activities offered there IMO. But Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center held my kids interest. They particularly liked exploring the ships that were at the Settlement museum and the demonstrations that were offered by workers in period costumes. http://www.historictriangle.com/

taking suggestions....i live near san francisco....wife and two kids...1 boy-11... 1 girl-6

bryce canyon, moab, flaming gorge,dinosaur nat monument, lake powell etc.

we took our kids on an extended driving vacation through colorado, utah and parts of arizona when they were the exact age of your kids now. they had a ball. so did we. stopped at a motel with a pool every night and let them pick one random place to stop every day, no matter what it was-it was the best vacation we ever had.

With kids that age, Disney World is a wonderful place to go. There is a heck of a lot for both kids and adults too.

I've heard Oakland is nice.

You've heard wrong.

Haven't you seen Wayne's World?

Delaware!

Sheesh! :D

Forum List

Back