Sugar Bowl a preview of BCS title game

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Everett Golson will do to Bama's defense what the Louisville Cardinal QB did to Florida's overrated defense.

About a 10 point ND win - just like Louisville over Florida in the Sugar Bowl. (should have been worse)

I have seen you post about Golson like he is the second coming of Montana.

Here are some facts from an article I was just reading.

"Manziel, the Heisman Trophy winner, ran for almost 1200 yards and 19 touchdowns this year, averaging over six yards per carry.

Golson, however, has run for just 305 yards and five touchdowns on the season. So basically he averages about 27 yards on eight carries per game. Manziel averaged 98 yards per game this season on 15 carries.

On the season, Golson has gained 3.43 yards per carry on average. In his best game of the year, he ran for 74 yards and a score on 15 carries against a poor Pitt team. You may remember that the unbeatable Irish won that game in three overtimes.

Not only is Golson a minimal threat to run effectively, but he is also not exactly the top passer in the country. He has the 64th-best passer rating in the nation and has completed under 59 percent of his passes.

To be fair, Golson has led his team to an undefeated season thus far, and he deserves credit for that.

That being said, a quarterback that averages less than 30 yards per game on the ground does not strike fear in any team that has faced the likes of Tebow, Newton and Manziel in recent years."

I have seen you post about Golson like he is the second coming of Montana.

Here are some facts from an article I was just reading.

"Manziel, the Heisman Trophy winner, ran for almost 1200 yards and 19 touchdowns this year, averaging over six yards per carry.

Golson, however, has run for just 305 yards and five touchdowns on the season. So basically he averages about 27 yards on eight carries per game. Manziel averaged 98 yards per game this season on 15 carries.

On the season, Golson has gained 3.43 yards per carry on average. In his best game of the year, he ran for 74 yards and a score on 15 carries against a poor Pitt team. You may remember that the unbeatable Irish won that game in three overtimes.

Not only is Golson a minimal threat to run effectively, but he is also not exactly the top passer in the country. He has the 64th-best passer rating in the nation and has completed under 59 percent of his passes.

To be fair, Golson has led his team to an undefeated season thus far, and he deserves credit for that.

That being said, a quarterback that averages less than 30 yards per game on the ground does not strike fear in any team that has faced the likes of Tebow, Newton and Manziel in recent years."

It is not so much Golson's rushing yardage, but his ability to keep plays alive that causes defenses problems. A la Russell Wilson of the Seahawks. See lots of parallels.

Wilson's coming out were the 2 long TD drives against the Bears.

Golson's was against Oklahoma.

I honestly don't believe that Notre Dame has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Alabama.

Alabama is not "over-rated". They lost a LOT of good player's from last season, and when a team has the best college football coach in the NCAA, they just reload and move on.

Saban and the Tide will roll over Notre Dame:

Alabama: 27
Notre Dame: 10

I think ND has a chance. I just laugh at ginscpy's idea that they will roll over Bama with ease.

With no basis in rational though I just feel like its ND's year.

That is entirely possible. I am a diehard Crimson Tide fan. But I never thought we'd make it thru the season unscathed. We lost too much talent to the NFL.

That said, I think this years team is capable of beating anyone. They have talent to spare, but they also never quit. We were behind in a few games this year, but the team never stopped pushing. The comeback against LSU was epic. The refusal to lose against GA was kickass. And even the game we lost showed the team was not going to stop until the clock hit zeros.

Tonight should be an awesome game.

Everett Golson will do to Bama's defense what the Louisville Cardinal QB did to Florida's overrated defense.

About a 10 point ND win - just like Louisville over Florida in the Sugar Bowl. (should have been worse)

So he will do that in the 2nd half?? Because Alabama has owned his skinny ass so far.

Of ND's first 17 plays, 9 of them went for zero or negative yardage.

I made the mistake of saying that Notre Dame was overrated in a different post a couple of months ago. Please forgive me. I should have said HIGHLY overrated.

Forum List

Back