Sugar Bowl a preview of BCS title game

What a beat down, I predicted Alabama but not by that much.

I thought we'd win, but DAMN!! That was an old fashioned ass-whipping!!

Oh, and for the guy who said McCarron wasn't a good QB, he now has 2 losses as a starter, and 2 BCS Championship rings!!

That was incredible, I thought ND's defense was going to make it a game. It looked like a Varsity vs. JV game out there

Part of it was that Bama had the better team and better depth.

But a big part is giving Saban & Co 4 weeks to get ready.

That was incredible, I thought ND's defense was going to make it a game. It looked like a Varsity vs. JV game out there

They were helped by the 4 week vacation. Most got healthy, but Barrett Jones can now get his torn tendons in his left foot repaired.

They were helped by the 4 week vacation. Most got healthy, but Barrett Jones can now get his torn tendons in his left foot repaired.

Jones was a monster last night. For weeks we have been hearing about the ND defense. The Bama O Line trucked them like they were high school kids.

Belated time to eat crow.

Congrats to Bama. And AJ McCarron - who I had bashed. Of course - when you have all day to throw, and recievers are running wide open - it is easy to look good.

Still not convinced bama is theNC -there are other 12-1 teams like Oregon.

Dissapointed in NDs effort. Wake-up call/reality check. However - they have become relevant again.

Not a bad football season overall.

My alma mater Bellevue High finished as the #1 ranked team in America - USA Today, ESPN.

Fighting Irish went 12-1 -blayed in the BCS title game.

Seahawks are the team nobody wants to play - ask SF. (would rather fly to Atlanta than play the Seahawks at home)

Only fly in the ointment is my college alma mater Washington Huskies.

Before the football season - give me these results - I would have gone with it.

Congrats to Bama. And AJ McCarron - who I had bashed. Of course - when you have all day to throw, and recievers are running wide open - it is easy to look good.

Dissapointed in NDs effort. Wake-up call/reality check. However - they have become relevant again.

Respect for this post.

My alma mater Bellevue High finished as the #1 ranked team in America - USA Today, ESPN.

Seahawks are the team nobody wants to play - ask SF. (would rather fly to Atlanta than play the Seahawks at home)

USA Today, Bellevue finished 7th, MaxPreps they finished 5th, ESPN had Bellevue 4th, so I'm not seeing any #1 for them.

The SF statement is utter BS, not sure where that came in.

Respect for this post.

FAIL! He slighted Alabama, he can't give anyone real credit for anything.

Respect for this post.

FAIL! He slighted Alabama, he can't give anyone real credit for anything.

I figure this is the best he can do. In the other thread he reverted back to posting about ND victories from decades ago.

And while he didn't actually TRY to compliment us, his comment, "when you have all day to throw, and recievers are running wide open" was a big compliment, considering all the bragging about ND's defensive front.

That ginscpy is not convinced that Bama is #1 doesn't bother me either. I am sure there are another dozen or so college football fans out there who have doubts too. Luckily, there are millions who have no doubts at all.

USA Today, Bellevue finished 7th, MaxPreps they finished 5th, ESPN had Bellevue 4th, so I'm not seeing any #1 for them.

The SF statement is utter BS, not sure where that came in.

So BHS got jumped after all. Was afraid that might happen. They were #1 in both USA Today and ESPN (a few spots back in MaxPreps) after their win in the Wash St 3A playoffs in early Dec. Playoffs were still going on in other states. After a team from Florida lost they moved up from #2 to #1.

You shouldn't get #1 ranking jumped until you lose.

Were those teams that jumped them that good?

BHS has won 8 state titles in 10 years.

Screw it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back