Still waiting for the outrage

VietNam. 40,000 US deaths
Libya. 0 US deaths

Until you start counting people on the other side, try and include civilians too... Something tells me you don’t care if they die because maaaybe the color of their skin or something fucking retarded like that?

You’re a real humanitarian RW, lol.

Either way you cut it there is no comparison in scope. Show me hundreds of thousands of Libyan deaths and then explain to me how it is the same as Vietnam

I don't care if it's the same in scope because I'm not pathetic... That's like saying Iraq or Vietnam was not a war because WWII had bigger losses...

You have quite literally redefined war for no other reason than political points, and it’s backfiring like whoa.

The only rightwing outrage that would be worse is if Obama had refused to assist the Libyan freedom fighters
RW, your liberal hypocrisy is seriously funny.

You need to just run away from this issue......You're making yourself look like a complete fool on a couple o' threads pertaining to this issue.

Just sayin'.

Republicans are hypocrites....just sayin'

You would be howling about how soft Obama was if he allowed the Libyan forces to wipe out the rebels

You depend on a "what if" scenario where as I can point to you cheerleading "Obama's Not-War" where he does kill thousands of people. That's the difference RW, you try and make you're pathetic low life choices seem "Ok" by claiming others would do worse or the same "if only." It's amazing that you literally destroy yourself and all I and others have to do is point out you McCainism flip flopping on positions...

The Right wing is more interested in political capital than doing what is right

Just sayn'

Again you describe yourself but try and make it seem ok you are the way you are "because others do it."

You have to be a plant from the right to make the left look stupid.

NO...he is a Gubmint employee affected by sewergas...

Outrage?

Outrage over a UN endorsed NATO executed mission?
Outrage that no us soldiers have been killed?
Outrage over supporting freedom fighters resisting a hated dictator?

The real outrage is Conservatives trying to equate Libya to Iraq
No. Outrage over going to war without congressional approval. The left bitched about Bush going to Iraq even though it did sign off, but yet you defend obama's war?
Think much?

Once again. a feeble attempt to equate the Iraq invasion to the Libyan military assistance. Only the rightwing would try to call this a "war"
Really? Then what do you call it if not a war? Are we going to get into another one of these bullshit arguments about semantics when there is no need? There WILL be casualties as that is what happens in a war and make no mistake – this is the beginning of the next war. Before we even finish the other 2 we have going on none the less. What kills me is that you are consistently complaining at the double standard that you claim is on the right while wallowing on your own double standard here. Tell us what makes you on OB side in this was and not in Iraq? Tell us the major differences other than casualties. If the number of killed American soldiers is the only thing then you are stuck in a hard place as there will be casualties coming. It is a sad day when the American people believe that we can go around the world using our military to enforce what we want and somehow think that we are magically protected from any of our own people from being killed. That is not the case anywhere and will not be the case in Libya ether.
The only rightwing outrage that would be worse is if Obama had refused to assist the Libyan freedom fighters
RW, your liberal hypocrisy is seriously funny.

You need to just run away from this issue......You're making yourself look like a complete fool on a couple o' threads pertaining to this issue.

Just sayin'.

You would be howling about how soft Obama was if he allowed the Libyan forces to wipe out the rebels
The funny thing here is that you would be defending him had he not went into Libya. Pointing out the hypocrisy is not very effective when you are DOING THE EXACT SAME THING while pointing it out. All Bush’s wars = BAD, all Obama’s wars = good.

The right are the masters of outrage. False and real.
the left just cannot compare on the Beck/Hannity international outrage scale.
Again, really? Have you ever heard the bullshit that comes out of the mouths of the left pundits? Try listening to Norman Goldman or the crazy chick from New York. They are every bit as bad as Beck or Hannity are. But don’t let the facts obscure your beautiful partisan view of the left.

No. Outrage over going to war without congressional approval. The left bitched about Bush going to Iraq even though it did sign off, but yet you defend obama's war?
Think much?

Once again. a feeble attempt to equate the Iraq invasion to the Libyan military assistance. Only the rightwing would try to call this a "war"
Really? Then what do you call it if not a war? Are we going to get into another one of these bullshit arguments about semantics when there is no need? There WILL be casualties as that is what happens in a war and make no mistake – this is the beginning of the next war. Before we even finish the other 2 we have going on none the less. What kills me is that you are consistently complaining at the double standard that you claim is on the right while wallowing on your own double standard here. Tell us what makes you on OB side in this was and not in Iraq? Tell us the major differences other than casualties. If the number of killed American soldiers is the only thing then you are stuck in a hard place as there will be casualties coming. It is a sad day when the American people believe that we can go around the world using our military to enforce what we want and somehow think that we are magically protected from any of our own people from being killed. That is not the case anywhere and will not be the case in Libya ether.

The funny thing here is that you would be defending him had he not went into Libya. Pointing out the hypocrisy is not very effective when you are DOING THE EXACT SAME THING while pointing it out. All Bush’s wars = BAD, all Obama’s wars = good.

The right are the masters of outrage. False and real.
the left just cannot compare on the Beck/Hannity international outrage scale.
Again, really? Have you ever heard the bullshit that comes out of the mouths of the left pundits? Try listening to Norman Goldman or the crazy chick from New York. They are every bit as bad as Beck or Hannity are. But don’t let the facts obscure your beautiful partisan view of the left.

QFT.

It's an interesting position to be in when you're not a die hard Democrat or Republican... When you can look at a situation and how people discuss the issues and be like "you might as well be yelling at yourself."

Obama has expanded almost every Bush policy and yet people like RW who still today rag on Bush's policies seem to commend Obama for doing them. For RW his way out is to say things like DADT and Obama killed OBL makes him one of the most productive presidents in America's history. Shit, Bush killed a lot of terrorist bitchs AND did a shit ton of social programs... If I posted all the small shit Bush did it would dwarf "Obama's accomplishments" but it's still for shit because 10 tiny small "good feeling things" don't wash away Bush's MANY and HUGE blunders, just like Obama.

To RW I'm a hyper partisan "righty" because I'm not for wars, not for bail outs and stimulus, expansions in homeland security, torture, DoE and so on. RW he proves I'm hyper partisan by pretending that I supported Bush when he did all of that crap despite the fact I never voted for or supported Bush. And of course RW manages to not see that he JUST admitted to supporting Bush style policies and further more makes them out to be bad policy but then has told us he will in fact vote for Obama who expands them in 2012.

I don't recall any of that.

Links for all these claims plz

Rumsfeld: I Doubt Six Months
Feb. 7, 2003Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." —to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: (more)

Rumsfeld: Under $50 billion
Jan. 10, 2003Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
“Well, the Office of Management and Budget, has come up come up with a number that's something under $50 billion for the cost. How much of that would be the U.S. burden, and how much would be other countries, is an open question.”

Rumsfeld: Five days or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last longer
Nov. 15, 2002Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"The idea that it's going to be a long, long, long battle of some kind I think is belied by the fact of what happened in 1990," he said on an Infinity Radio call-in program. "Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that."

Wolfowitz: A country that can really finance its own reconstruction
Mar. 27, 2003Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Defense Secretary
There’s a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” (more)

Perle: days or weeks -- this will be a short war
Mar. 25, 2003Richard Perle, Chairman of the Defense Policy Board
I can't tell you exactly how many days or how many weeks. But by
historical standards, this will be a short war. (more)

Cheney: In weeks rather than months
Mar. 16, 2003Dick Cheney
"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . [in] weeks rather than months." --on NBC's Meet the Press

George W. Bush Quotes: Iraq

Thanks for the time and costs.

Where's the quote where Bush claimed there would be no dead.

Ohh that was about 3 posts before you said you did not remember any of it and requested links. Sorry only I only post one link on a topic per thread.

Apparently nation building is acceptable to today's leftists...

1/20/2009 changed everything...

Ahahaha thats funny since repubs have been supporting nation building the entire time in Iraq. Btw did we build an embassy in Libya yet?

He meant the voters I believe... If you think for a second that Republicans were all about the nation building under Bush (28-32% approval rating) feel free to delete your account as you offer nothing but BS here.

Apparently nation building is acceptable to today's leftists...

1/20/2009 changed everything...

Ahahaha thats funny since repubs have been supporting nation building the entire time in Iraq. Btw did we build an embassy in Libya yet?

He meant the voters I believe... If you think for a second that Republicans were all about the nation building under Bush (28-32% approval rating) feel free to delete your account as you offer nothing but BS here.

Approval rating has nothing to do with supporting nation building but thanks for trying

I am sure everyone remembers Obama saying that our involvement in Libya would last days, not weeks. The 60 day legal timeline for him having the military involved without Congressional approval is approaching and we are still there. What is he saying now?

The U.S. and NATO will continue military operations in Libya as long as Moammar Gadhafi keeps attacking his people, the White House said Friday as top U.S. officials met in Washington with leaders of the Libyan opposition. President Barack Obama's national security adviser, Tom Donilon, met at the White House with a delegation from the Libyan Transitional National Council, including top representative Mahmoud Jibril. While the U.S. stopped short of recognizing the Council as Libya's legitimate government, as France and Italy have done, the White House said in a statement following the meeting that the Council is a "credible interlocutor of the Libyan people."
Obama did not meet with the opposition leaders.
The meetings come as a deadline nears on the 60-day window Obama has to keep the U.S. military involved in the Libya campaign without congressional approval. While lawmakers do not appear likely to enforce the limits outlined in the War Powers Resolution, U.S. officials said they are looking for ways to keep U.S. action in Libya in compliance.

WH: Libya mission to go on until Gadhafi stops - Yahoo! News

What happens if we have a full blown constitutional crisis and no one cares?

Did anyone believe him when he said that in the first place? I sure as hell didn't
All I know is, I love your avatar. :D

I am sure everyone remembers Obama saying that our involvement in Libya would last days, not weeks. The 60 day legal timeline for him having the military involved without Congressional approval is approaching and we are still there. What is he saying now?

The U.S. and NATO will continue military operations in Libya as long as Moammar Gadhafi keeps attacking his people, the White House said Friday as top U.S. officials met in Washington with leaders of the Libyan opposition. President Barack Obama's national security adviser, Tom Donilon, met at the White House with a delegation from the Libyan Transitional National Council, including top representative Mahmoud Jibril. While the U.S. stopped short of recognizing the Council as Libya's legitimate government, as France and Italy have done, the White House said in a statement following the meeting that the Council is a "credible interlocutor of the Libyan people."
Obama did not meet with the opposition leaders.
The meetings come as a deadline nears on the 60-day window Obama has to keep the U.S. military involved in the Libya campaign without congressional approval. While lawmakers do not appear likely to enforce the limits outlined in the War Powers Resolution, U.S. officials said they are looking for ways to keep U.S. action in Libya in compliance.

WH: Libya mission to go on until Gadhafi stops - Yahoo! News

What happens if we have a full blown constitutional crisis and no one cares?

Outrage?

Outrage over a UN endorsed NATO executed mission?
Outrage that no us soldiers have been killed?
Outrage over supporting freedom fighters resisting a hated dictator?

The real outrage is Conservatives trying to equate Libya to Iraq

Those arn't freedom fighters, they are muslim brotherhood and al-queda preparing for the caliphate.

Freedom Fighters?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah they're beheading people and burning them alive in the name of good ol' fashioned freedom!!!!!!!!!!!

The leaders of the rebels admit their fighters have Al-Qaeda links, and we all know Al-Qaeda is all about freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Truth is, as the OP points out, democrats are 100% hypocritical on the issue of nation-building and attacking countries that are in no way a threat to the US.

Of course the scale is differenct, it's different in every war, how about taking principles seriously rather than scale of attack?

When it comes to causalities have you noticed that not very many in the administration or congress have someone in the military in combat. I know of a few but for some reason patriotism stops short of the enlistment office. We have nothing to gain in Libya except for Obama to say he stepped up when called on by the UN.

Forum List

Back