Still waiting for the outrage

Outrage?

Outrage over a UN endorsed NATO executed mission?
Outrage that no us soldiers have been killed?
Outrage over supporting freedom fighters resisting a hated dictator?

The real outrage is Conservatives trying to equate Libya to Iraq

Let none of us forget that Iraq was marketed as not lasting more than 6 months nor costing more than around 40 billion.
and Bush said we would have no casualties.

I don't recall any of that.

Links for all these claims plz

Rumsfeld: I Doubt Six Months
Feb. 7, 2003Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." —to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: (more)

Rumsfeld: Under $50 billion
Jan. 10, 2003Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
“Well, the Office of Management and Budget, has come up come up with a number that's something under $50 billion for the cost. How much of that would be the U.S. burden, and how much would be other countries, is an open question.”

Rumsfeld: Five days or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last longer
Nov. 15, 2002Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"The idea that it's going to be a long, long, long battle of some kind I think is belied by the fact of what happened in 1990," he said on an Infinity Radio call-in program. "Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that."

Wolfowitz: A country that can really finance its own reconstruction
Mar. 27, 2003Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Defense Secretary
There’s a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” (more)

Perle: days or weeks -- this will be a short war
Mar. 25, 2003Richard Perle, Chairman of the Defense Policy Board
I can't tell you exactly how many days or how many weeks. But by
historical standards, this will be a short war. (more)

Cheney: In weeks rather than months
Mar. 16, 2003Dick Cheney
"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . [in] weeks rather than months." --on NBC's Meet the Press

George W. Bush Quotes: Iraq

I am sure everyone remembers Obama saying that our involvement in Libya would last days, not weeks. The 60 day legal timeline for him having the military involved without Congressional approval is approaching and we are still there. What is he saying now?

The U.S. and NATO will continue military operations in Libya as long as Moammar Gadhafi keeps attacking his people, the White House said Friday as top U.S. officials met in Washington with leaders of the Libyan opposition. President Barack Obama's national security adviser, Tom Donilon, met at the White House with a delegation from the Libyan Transitional National Council, including top representative Mahmoud Jibril. While the U.S. stopped short of recognizing the Council as Libya's legitimate government, as France and Italy have done, the White House said in a statement following the meeting that the Council is a "credible interlocutor of the Libyan people."
Obama did not meet with the opposition leaders.
The meetings come as a deadline nears on the 60-day window Obama has to keep the U.S. military involved in the Libya campaign without congressional approval. While lawmakers do not appear likely to enforce the limits outlined in the War Powers Resolution, U.S. officials said they are looking for ways to keep U.S. action in Libya in compliance.

WH: Libya mission to go on until Gadhafi stops - Yahoo! News

What happens if we have a full blown constitutional crisis and no one cares?

Outrage?

So, tell us how it's different.

Many Innocent civilians have been killed, and are being killed by our ordinace, too include cruise missiles that recently killed an innnocent son and grandchild.

What threat did Ghadafi pose to us?

Was Ghadafi's threat to his own people any different than Sadaam's to his?....You lib's have been cackling that Sadaam's threat to his own people was none of our business.

So, Ghadafi's threat to his own people is somehow our business?

Was Ghadafi repeatedly shooting at our planes?

Was Ghadafi purposely faking a WMD program and repeatedly kicking inspectors out?

Wasn't Ghadafi helping to identify Al qaeda, and refusing to allow them to be active in his country?

Didn't Ghadafi give up his WMD program under Bush?

Tell us RW.

I am sure everyone remembers Obama saying that our involvement in Libya would last days, not weeks. The 60 day legal timeline for him having the military involved without Congressional approval is approaching and we are still there. What is he saying now?

The U.S. and NATO will continue military operations in Libya as long as Moammar Gadhafi keeps attacking his people, the White House said Friday as top U.S. officials met in Washington with leaders of the Libyan opposition. President Barack Obama's national security adviser, Tom Donilon, met at the White House with a delegation from the Libyan Transitional National Council, including top representative Mahmoud Jibril. While the U.S. stopped short of recognizing the Council as Libya's legitimate government, as France and Italy have done, the White House said in a statement following the meeting that the Council is a "credible interlocutor of the Libyan people."
Obama did not meet with the opposition leaders.
The meetings come as a deadline nears on the 60-day window Obama has to keep the U.S. military involved in the Libya campaign without congressional approval. While lawmakers do not appear likely to enforce the limits outlined in the War Powers Resolution, U.S. officials said they are looking for ways to keep U.S. action in Libya in compliance.

Outrage?

Because NATO overrules our constitution...

What's it like being a Bush-bot RW?

Outrage?

You are correct, there is no comparison.

In Iraq Bush had multiple UN resolutions, a coalition that included ground troops from 39 countries, and the prior approval of the US Congress.

In Libya Obama has 1 UN resolutions, a coalition of 17 countries, and no approval from Congress.

I have to agree, any attempt by Conservatives to equate Iraq and Libya is an outrage.

How is it that Bush, in enforcing UN resolutions did not have UN support? He was even asked by weapons inspectors to hold off a few weeks so they could disprove the WMD claims. Bush ignoring them cost 4000 US lives and 100,000 Iraqi lives

Outrage?

In Iraq Bush had multiple UN resolutions, a coalition that included ground troops from 39 countries, and the prior approval of the US Congress.

In Libya Obama has 1 UN resolutions, a coalition of 17 countries, and no approval from Congress.

I have to agree, any attempt by Conservatives to equate Iraq and Libya is an outrage.

How is it that Bush, in enforcing UN resolutions did not have UN support? He was even asked by weapons inspectors to hold off a few weeks so they could disprove the WMD claims. Bush ignoring them cost 4000 US lives and 100,000 Iraqi lives
And just why in the fuck should more inspectors go in when they would no doubt be thrown out yet again?

Enough was enough.

Here RW.....The following explains it all.......Sadaam did not want it exposed he had no WMD'S...........He continued to rattle his swords......Continued to shoot at our planes.....Refused to come clean about his WMD program, even after being given many opprtunities by Bush to do so,.......The gig was up. It was time to firmly plant his swords up his crazy ass. And that's what we rightfully did.

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Outrage?

Let none of us forget that Iraq was marketed as not lasting more than 6 months nor costing more than around 40 billion.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Rumsfeld foresees swift Iraq war

Any war with Iraq would be swift and not require a full US mobilisation, says US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

USA TODAY Education - Confronting Iraq

April 1, 2003
Prewar predictions coming back to bite
Officials who forecast a brief conflict now say it'll be neither quick nor easy. That could open the administration to tough questions about credibility.
By Susan Page, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON -- Armchair generals and media critics aren't the only people whose comments are giving heartburn to administration officials defending the progress of the war with Iraq. The officials also face questions about their own remarks made before the fighting began.

Then, Vice President Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Air Force Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, spoke optimistically in interviews and at briefings about the prospects that the war would be short, Iraqi resistance limited and Iraqi citizens welcoming.

Now, the president has pounded the podium when asked how long the war will last -- "However long it takes," he replied Thursday with open annoyance -- and Myers said Sunday, "Nobody should have any illusions that this is going to be a quick and easy victory."

Limbaugh claimed Bush administration never said Iraq war would be quick or easy, ignored numerous statements by officials in lead-up to war | Media Matters for America

In fact, despite Limbaugh's denials, several top Bush administration officials have made specific predictions about the duration and difficulty of achieving regime change in Iraq:
•On the March 16, 2003, broadcast of CBS' Face the Nation, Cheney stated: "I think [the war will] go relatively quickly." When host Bob Schieffer pressed the vice president to offer a more precise estimate of how long the war would take, Cheney replied: "Weeks rather than months." On NBC's Meet the Press the same day, Cheney stated, "my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators [by the Iraqi people]."
•In a February 7, 2003, appearance at Aviano Air Base in Italy, Rumsfeld projected that the Iraq war "could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
•In a February 13, 2002, Washington Post op-ed, Ken Adelman, at the time a member of the Defense Policy Board, stated: "I believe demolishing Hussein's military power and liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk. Let me give simple, responsible reasons: (1) It was a cakewalk last time; (2) they've become much weaker; (3) we've become much stronger; and (4) now we're playing for keeps."

Outrage?

Could it be because a permanent security council member with veto power doing business with Iraq in defiance of the UN resolutions vetoed it? That would require you admitting that the world is bigger than the US, something I have never seen a rightwinger, so I guess I won't see you admitting it either.

By the way, the inspectors all believed Iraq had a WMD program. They were all complaining that Saddam was not cooperating with them, and were convinced that, given enough time, they would eventually find them. That is why they asked for more time, not so that they could prove the entire world wrong.

I sometimes thought that the main inspector who started the crusade against Bush was a different person than the one who asked for more time, but I learned to expect idiocy from partisans, and have accepted that they lie.

A lot.

Libya...the undeclared war.

Obamas Vietnam.

VietNam. 40,000 US deaths
Libya. 0 US deaths

Vietnam cost us over 58k KIA and just over 300k wia, try to keep up,wanna tally the civilian casualties, I don't think you do.......... that was a war initiated by who again?

you just cap your own point without realizing it becasue you don't seem to think hard before posting becasue you are an uber partisan RW, sorry bit there it is, to wit; the shit bush was given rightly or wrongly is a zero sum game, so we have had no deaths in Libya, cool, so I guess we can just cowboy our way around the globe manipulating alliances anywhere sending in nato, seato whomever, as long as we don't suffer, like oh, the bush daughters :eusa_whistle:

See where that game gets you?

Last edited:

Rumsfeld: I Doubt Six Months
Feb. 7, 2003Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." —to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: (more)

Rumsfeld: Under $50 billion
Jan. 10, 2003Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
“Well, the Office of Management and Budget, has come up come up with a number that's something under $50 billion for the cost. How much of that would be the U.S. burden, and how much would be other countries, is an open question.”

Rumsfeld: Five days or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last longer
Nov. 15, 2002Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
"The idea that it's going to be a long, long, long battle of some kind I think is belied by the fact of what happened in 1990," he said on an Infinity Radio call-in program. "Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that."

Wolfowitz: A country that can really finance its own reconstruction
Mar. 27, 2003Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Defense Secretary
There’s a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” (more)

Perle: days or weeks -- this will be a short war
Mar. 25, 2003Richard Perle, Chairman of the Defense Policy Board
I can't tell you exactly how many days or how many weeks. But by
historical standards, this will be a short war. (more)

Cheney: In weeks rather than months
Mar. 16, 2003Dick Cheney
"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . [in] weeks rather than months." --on NBC's Meet the Press

George W. Bush Quotes: Iraq

Thanks for the time and costs.

Where's the quote where Bush claimed there would be no dead.

Libya...the undeclared war.

Obamas Vietnam.

Libya. 0 US deaths

Until you start counting people on the other side, try and include civilians too... Something tells me you don’t care if they die because maaaybe the color of their skin or something fucking retarded like that?

You’re a real humanitarian RW, lol.

Either way you cut it there is no comparison in scope. Show me hundreds of thousands of Libyan deaths and then explain to me how it is the same as Vietnam

Libya. 0 US deaths

Until you start counting people on the other side, try and include civilians too... Something tells me you don’t care if they die because maaaybe the color of their skin or something fucking retarded like that?

Either way you cut it there is no comparison in scope. Show me hundreds of thousands of Libyan deaths and then explain to me how it is the same as Vietnam

Well duh there is no comparison in number. We had soldiers in Vietnam for almost 10 years as compared to not even 2 months in Libya.

You're a fool if you don't believe that eventually US soldiers will die if we stay in Libya for long. It's part of war.

Well duh there is no comparison in number. We had soldiers in Vietnam for almost 10 years as compared to not even 2 months in Libya.

You're a fool if you don't believe that eventually US soldiers will die if we stay in Libya for long. It's part of war.

You are a fool for trying to compare the two military actions

The acts of comparison and contrast are an essential part of learning.

For example, your avitar is comparably deceptive. Do you really have a 3 foot long penis shaped like a rectangular slab? I doubt it.

Last edited:

The acts of comparison and contrast are an essential part of learning.

For example, your avitar is comparably deceptive. Do you really have a 3 foot long penis shaped like a rectangular slab? I doubt it.

WTF are you talking about?

Forum List

Back