Stiff new penalties for beating a team by 35 points or more

You might be confused. I am not on the board of that league. You may want to ask them those questions. There may very well be better ways to handle this. I can tell you though.....that keeping the spectators around as long as possible is in the interests of the concession sales.

In baseball, it is common to end games if the score is one sided after 4 innings. As a coach, I never really liked it. But leagues do it for various reasons. If I really oppose it....I could start my own league. I wonder if I would end up doing it too?

When all is said and done.....nobody remembers the score. They do remember who won and who lost. As longs as the better team is not prevented from winning......what is the difference?

Barry's team? Are you really that obsessed? Sad.

"obsessed" about Barry? :lol: Read my thread and links entitiled: "Barry the cake boy president" for insight to how I feel about that fucking doper pansy. You know I was going to wisecrack about concession sales before you did. With such nobel stardards of competition aimed at sheltering young minds from an old-fashioned ass-whoopin, you'd think the village idiots wouldn't let dirty capitalist ideas enter the picture. Are coke and hotdog sales that important in comparision to saving the chilllllllllldren? :eusa_eh: You and I both know what this is about.....castrating alpha males to elevate the lesser boys' self-esteem. It's not what athletics are about.....character-building; ie learning how to lose and how to win, gracefully but forcefully.

You are a little crazy. Those alpha males will still get their chance to play grab-ass in the locker rooms, idiot. This is about retaining customers. Read the link.

Just another example of libtards socializing EVERYTHING. Even points in a fucking GAME, for crying out loud.

And they are impervious to the absurdity since all they do is work on emotion.

If a team can keep from losing by over 35 points they DESERVE to get their asses kicked.

Ooops, 'deserve' is another unfathomable word for libtards, who am aI kidding?

All I needed to see was it was California. My daughter cheers for the pee wee team here. First game they won 34-0 the first 3 games they outscored their opponents 85-14. I thought it was great.Don't want to get blown out? Play better.This just allows all those kids to be mediocre.

Yea if that 7 year olds getting his shit blown up by 35+ points then fuck him! That's how you grow hair on your balls!

You nutters :cuckoo:

You stupid idiot. My son plays on a 7 year old team and lost their first game 26-0 after being 5-0. Not one of the kids cried or were upset. Their coaches told them that losing is part of the game and if you cant handle losing in life then you shouldnt play sports.

Its pussies like you that cry and whine when you lose. Tells you something about liberals and what they are made of.

Once a team get 28 pionts ahead the team winning downs the ball four times and turn the ball back over to the losing team. Not my rules but it works here with the kids. At 7 most dont even know if the won or not they are just happy to play the game.

When I was a kid playing football back in the 1960's we would get donations for the poor black kids in OKC just so they could play, see it was all volunteer and non-profit teams and the blacks didn't have money to play. SO after they got their equipment we would play each other, don't recall who won or by what score, only that we were blessed that day by our acts of kindness to include people in our game.

Yea if that 7 year olds getting his shit blown up by 35+ points then fuck him! That's how you grow hair on your balls!

Losing is part of life, as is losing in a terrible horrible way. So what we want to do is coddle kids, let them think everyone wins, and when they hit adulthood they then learn all at once the "joy" of losing when they are completely unprepared for it?

Losing/not getting what you want sucks, and you have to learn to deal with it. the sooner, the better.

Losing is part of life, as is losing in a terrible horrible way. So what we want to do is coddle kids, let them think everyone wins, and when they hit adulthood they then learn all at once the "joy" of losing when they are completely unprepared for it?

Losing/not getting what you want sucks, and you have to learn to deal with it. the sooner, the better.

Same thing is happening in our schools with the grading system. God-forbid a child get an F. But look at where we are following our liberal school system. One of the worse educational systems.

Weird, Little League Baseball has had the 12 run rule for over 50 years and I don't see any threads or righteous indignation about that.

Weird, Little League Baseball has had the 12 run rule for over 50 years and I don't see any threads or righteous indignation about that.

Because the game ends, and thats that. you lost. here they want the opposing team to lay down and let the other side get more attempts at coming back. Its a feel good exercise that is idiotic.

Just end the game at 35 points and be done with it.

Because the game ends, and thats that. you lost. here they want the opposing team to lay down and let the other side get more attempts at coming back. Its a feel good exercise that is idiotic.

No, if one team is up 35-0 and the losing team scores, the other team can then score another touchdown.

Even in the NFL there is an unwritten rule that at some point a team stops running up the score. If a team is up by 42 points in the 4th quarter they keep it on the ground and stop throwing bombs or big pass plays. I've seen fights break out over it.

If it's considered bad form in the NFL, why not youth leagues?

No, if one team is up 35-0 and the losing team scores, the other team can then score another touchdown.

Even in the NFL there is an unwritten rule that at some point a team stops running up the score. If a team is up by 42 points in the 4th quarter they keep it on the ground and stop throwing bombs or big pass plays. I've seen fights break out over it.

So those recent college 70 something point blowouts last week didnt happen? NFL margins of victory of 20-40 plus don't happen?

Punishing a team for playing well is feel good liberal bullshit. If you are losing, either have a mercy rule and end the game or take your licks.

Considering something bad form, or unwritten rules has nothing to do with this thread. Remember, the topic is fining coaches for doing great jobs.

Good rule. No need to stomp a hole in your opponent. 35 points and the fact they had to call off the dogs is enough humiliation to provide inspiration for the losing team to play better.

Ah, our bad-ass coon with a sniper rifle weighs in.....so what's a running back who breaks into the open field during a blowout supposed to do if there's nobody between him and the end-zone...fall down and play dead? :lol:

Good rule. No need to stomp a hole in your opponent. 35 points and the fact they had to call off the dogs is enough humiliation to provide inspiration for the losing team to play better.

That's un-American!

The losing team should have to hand the winners their video games and pokemon cards. That'll teach em not to fuck up next time.

:lol: that gets ya some + rep.

Forum List

Back