Stiff new penalties for beating a team by 35 points or more

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
As reported by Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA, the Northern California Federation Youth Football League (NCFYFL) instituted stiff new penalties for any teams that beat opponents by 35 points or more. Specifically, those teams will be fined $200 and their coaches will be suspended from all league activities for two weeks. The penalty is a drastic change for the league of 7-13 year-olds, which previously issued teams with a warning following such blowouts and required a written description that detailed what the victorious team had done to try and keep scores low.

Y! SPORTS

Everyone gets a trophy and it doesn't matter if you get your butts kicked in college football.

Yea if that 7 year olds getting his shit blown up by 35+ points then fuck him! That's how you grow hair on your balls!

You nutters :cuckoo:

I can understand doing it for seven year olds but not middle schoolers are pretty competitive and we shouldn't be doing it for 15 year olds.

Private concern. They get to make their own rules.

One of the primary goals for those who operate youth sports organizations is increasing player participation. Apparently, the people who run this league have determined that teams running up the score is not conducive to reaching that goal.

There are programs for very young players where scores are not officially kept. But....the league in question here does keep score....they publish them on their website. They certainly have winners and losers. In fact, there are teams in that league that have no wins in 5 games and have been outscored by over 100 points. I think that is humiliating enough to teach those kids the value of losing.

I will tell you this. Having coached elite level youth baseball and fastpitch softball here for 30 years the kids here are far from being pussies. And...I expect that a good number of the boys who play in the football league in CA will end up playing in college. They are not being pussified.

Please....continue your outrage.

God this is stupid. Run it the entire second half or whatever you have to do but fining them if the score keeps going up? Just end the game when it reaches a certain score then. Why bother playing?

One of the primary goals for those who operate youth sports organizations is increasing player participation. Apparently, the people who run this league have determined that teams running up the score is not conducive to reaching that goal.

There are programs for very young players where scores are not officially kept. But....the league in question here does keep score....they publish them on their website. They certainly have winners and losers. In fact, there are teams in that league that have no wins in 5 games and have been outscored by over 100 points. I think that is humiliating enough to teach those kids the value of losing.

I will tell you this. Having coached elite level youth baseball and fastpitch softball here for 30 years the kids here are far from being pussies. And...I expect that a good number of the boys who play in the football league in CA will end up playing in college. They are not being pussified.

So why not just end the game? If your team can't block or tackle maybe they should find a coach who can teach that. While I agree that humiliation isn't an easy thing to endure, it's part of life. Throw the white towel on the field and take the kids out for some tofu on a bed of arugula. That's what they did on Barry's team. :gay:

Last edited:
So playing to the best of your ability is running up the score? What are you an idiot?

So why not just end the game? If your team can't block or tackle maybe they should find a coach who can teach that. While I agree that humiliation isn't an easy thing to endure, it's part of life. Throw the white towel on the field and take the kids out for some tofu on a bed of arugula. That's what they did on Barry's team. :gay:

You might be confused. I am not on the board of that league. You may want to ask them those questions. There may very well be better ways to handle this. I can tell you though.....that keeping the spectators around as long as possible is in the interests of the concession sales.

In baseball, it is common to end games if the score is one sided after 4 innings. As a coach, I never really liked it. But leagues do it for various reasons. If I really oppose it....I could start my own league. I wonder if I would end up doing it too?

When all is said and done.....nobody remembers the score. They do remember who won and who lost. As longs as the better team is not prevented from winning......what is the difference?

Barry's team? Are you really that obsessed? Sad.

Last edited:

You might be confused. I am not on the board of that league. You may want to ask them those questions. There may very well be better ways to handle this. I can tell you though.....that keeping the spectators around as long as possible is in the interests of the concession sales.

In baseball, it is common to end games if the score is one sided after 4 innings. As a coach, I never really liked it. But leagues do it for various reasons. If I really oppose it....I could start my own league. I wonder if I would end up doing it too?

When all is said and done.....nobody remembers the score. They do remember who won and who lost. As longs as the better team is not prevented from winning......what is the difference?

"obsessed" about Barry? :lol: Read my thread and links entitiled: "Barry the cake boy president" for insight to how I feel about that fucking doper pansy. You know I was going to wisecrack about concession sales before you did. With such nobel stardards of competition aimed at sheltering young minds from an old-fashioned ass-whoopin, you'd think the village idiots wouldn't let dirty capitalist ideas enter the picture. Are coke and hotdog sales that important in comparision to saving the chilllllllllldren? :eusa_eh: You and I both know what this is about.....castrating alpha males to elevate the lesser boys' self-esteem. It's not what athletics are about.....character-building; ie learning how to lose and how to win, gracefully but forcefully.

Last edited:

"obsessed" about Barry? :lol: Read my thread and links entitiled: "Barry the cake boy president" for insight to how I feel about that fucking doper pansy. You know I was going to wisecrack about concession sales before you did. With such nobel stardards of competition aimed at sheltering young minds from an old-fashioned ass-whoopin, you'd think the village idiots wouldn't let dirty capitalist ideas enter the picture. Are coke and hotdog sales that important in comparision to saving the chilllllllllldren? :eusa_eh: You and I both know what this is about.....castrating alpha males to elevate the lesser boys' self-esteem. It's not what athletics are about.....character-building; ie learning how to lose and how to win, gracefully but forcefully.

You are a little crazy. Those alpha males will still get their chance to play grab-ass in the locker rooms, idiot. This is about retaining customers. Read the link.

Good rule. No need to stomp a hole in your opponent. 35 points and the fact they had to call off the dogs is enough humiliation to provide inspiration for the losing team to play better.

That's un-American!

The losing team should have to hand the winners their video games and pokemon cards. That'll teach em not to fuck up next time.

Forum List

Back