Stem cell research

I'm not---I still like the idea of stem cell research and think it's opponents are denying a possiblilty of quailty life to people. Isn't that what Jesus was all about?

isaac, how do you think the universe began? just out of curiosity

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Why don't Canadian have as much experience of the America system. Herbs? I'd suggest you start a business, because if these "herbs" work. You'll be making millions and curing a lot of sick people.

Canadians do not understand the result of participating in the medical system nor the options available. They do not understand the "system" of how doctors are regulated and used.

Treating people with herbs?
I already have, but do it for free. Your statement is proof you are only aware of less than 25% of the healing power available to us.

Many Americans benefit from herbs and so do people in the EU.

You have shown now that you argue health issues with absolutely no relevant knowledge on the topic.
You have shown very little in that statement other than the statement itself. I have seen no proof. You are trying to appeal to authority, while attempting to discredit my own. You should know that's a logical fallacy. Sometimes being outside the system gives you a clearer view of what's happening within. If you believe I do not understand the nature of your industries. State why I'm wrong and give me concrete evidence of your links In addition, you're making a fairly presumptious assumption the we would not have the same problems in Canada

Links to you or any proof would be a waste of time. Your interest is not there. The world was using herbs for medicinal cures long before a syringe was developed. Chinese medicine had been proven scientific fact long before "pills" were around.

You are just looking for some method of proof you can destroy the model of while you ignore reality. Herbs can be proven numerous ways and your limited knowledge can be proven numerous ways, but you only focus on disproving models. Since you couldn't do it with Biblical discussion, now youswitch to herbs.

No thanks.

If I am indeed blind than it would be dare I say hard to prove an elephant is there, but sir, I am not blind. If I see evidence, I can be persuaded, as I believe i have an open mind. I haven't seen a glimpse of any yet, that it why i am skeptical. To be anything else at this junction, would be irresponsible.
Herbally:
White willow bark, I guess then, would be proper evidence for you. -As would poppies. As would garlic and ginger.

Biblically, forget it. You still don't even remember you proved it CAN be proven by proof other than faith.

Originally posted by dilloduck
I'm not---I still like the idea of stem cell research and think it's opponents are denying a possiblilty of quailty life to people. Isn't that what Jesus was all about?

Jesus came for us to have a relationship with God and save our souls.

He was not some high and mighty doctor/politician claiming "quality of life" was an issue.

I suggest reading a Bible instead of trying to ask opinions from everyone.
http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-bible-text/index.html

i agree with new guy about herbs and all. Most people dismiss them nowadays, saying that only weird nature freaks use them, but really, he is right. And alot of the time medicines just cause more problems than anything else. I've had more than my share of it for numerous things, and i can attest to the fact that problems are produced when alot of medication must be taken, and I've seen them happen to me and to all the other kids in the hospital and elsewhere.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Jesus came for us to have a relationship with God and save our souls.

He was not some high and mighty doctor/politician claiming "quality of life" was an issue.

I suggest reading a Bible instead of trying to ask opinions from everyone.
http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-bible-text/index.html

No--he was a man who who encouraged men to love one another as a way to save thier souls.

Originally posted by proud_savagette
isaac, how do you think the universe began? just out of curiosity

Good question. I don't know and I'm not afraid to say it.

No--he was a man who who encouraged men to love one another as a way to save thier souls.
um, no. he encouraged people to love one another, but he came to teach about the Father. He says that He is the only way to salvation, not loving other people, though you're supposed to. He says it in...John, Chapter 14:6...Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father."

Originally posted by proud_savagette
um, no. he encouraged people to love one another, but he came to teach about the Father. He says that He is the only way to salvation, not loving other people, though you're supposed to. He says it in...John, Chapter 14:6...Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father."

and Christians are to do as he did------help others !

and Christians are to do as he did------help others !

So which, obviosly is the bigger picture?

Salvation vs. earthly behavior

You don't eat a pizza because it has pepperoni. You eat pepperoni because it is on the pizza.

You don't eat a pizza because it has pepperoni. You eat pepperoni because it is on the pizza.
hehehe i'll have to remember that one

So which, obviosly is the bigger picture?

Salvation vs. earthly behavior

Just be concerned about your own salvation and let the sick suffer and die? Don't worry---some of us will take care of the "earthly"stuff. --BTW you can just eat pepperoni by itself if you like. No pizza necesssary

Just be concerned about your own salvation and let the sick suffer and die? Don't worry---some of us will take care of the "earthly"stuff. --BTW you can just eat pepperoni by itself if you like. No pizza necesssary
You got the thing wrong again. Before we go any further.....

IF I can prove any ONE thing Biblical to you, ANY ONE THING, would you accept Christ as your Lord and savior?

and just what does accepting Jesus as my savior entail?
A simple personal acceptance to let Him into your life and trust with all your heart in His gift of giving you eternal life.

Just that....a decision. -It need not even be public.

A simple personal acceptance to let Him into your life and trust with all your heart in His gift of giving you eternal life.

Just that....a decision. -It need not even be public.

letting Him into my life is a bit vague and how do I know that

1 I don't already have eternal life?

2 I really want eternal life?

Here is my feelings on the issue for what it is worth... I feel strongly that abortion is WRONG ! I also believe that if the law insist on making this proceedure legal why should we give little to no respect to the unborn ?

Since abortion is legal why not bring some good of this situation .. At least a trial bases to see the good that could come of stem cell.. So if abortion is Legal to end a life, why should it be illegal to save one ?

Originally posted by Sandy73
Here is my feelings on the issue for what it is worth... I feel strongly that abortion is WRONG ! I also believe that if the law insist on making this proceedure legal why should we give little to no respect to the unborn ?

Since abortion is legal why not bring some good of this situation .. At least a trial bases to see the good that could come of stem cell.. So if abortion is Legal to end a life, why should it be illegal to save one ?

Stem cell research does NOT require that an embryo die.

i completely agree with you there...have you seen the methods of abortion? It's...i don't even know a word to describe it. I don't see how anyone could not call it murder after seeing how they do it.
I don't know...I'll have to think about that. I've never looked at it that way. :p:

Forum List

Back