Statistical Significance

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
significant.png

Yes it seems that sort of statistical ignorance covers all popular sciences from medicine to politics to environment no matter if it's pro or con.

When you consider the NOAA data has an error bar of +/- 0.17 deg C on its HCN data set, statistical significance of all the hype from the alarmists has a confidence level of but 10% of being the Hottest Ev'a... of anything...

In other words, its all Bull Shit!

When you consider the NOAA data has an error bar of +/- 0.17 deg C on its HCN data set, statistical significance of all the hype from the alarmists has a confidence level of but 10% of being the Hottest Ev'a... of anything...

So, what do you conclude from that? The world hasn't been getting warmer?

Not lately.....the only additional warmth the earth is experiencing is the result of the increasingly blatant data manipulation by the keepers of the surface record.

Interesting thing....if we could magically remove all anthropogenic CO2 from the atmosphere, the result would be an 11 or 12ppmv reduction...which would take us back to the 2003 atmospheric CO2 level when it was warmer than it was in 2008.....if we removed almost twice that amount of CO2...say 20ppmv, we would be back to the 1998 level when it was warmer still.

Last edited:

well son, I've asked and asked where the world is getting warmer and you know, you've never answered it. So I guess you don't know. I'll take that as made up then.

Go to my link in the previous post. Fool.
so in your own link, proves you can't read. Section B1 page 3.

"As one example, the rate of warming over the past 15 years (1998–2012; 0.05 [–0.05 to 0.15] °C per decade), which begins with a strong El Niño, is smaller than the rate calculated since 1951 (1951–2012; 0.12 [0.08 to 0.14] °C per decade)5. {2.4}"

So again, where's the warming?

I am well aware that AR5 thought the hiatus was real. That changes nothing

The "hiatus" is real and continues to be real...the only increase in temperature since the late 20th century is the result of data manipulation....even old mikey (hockey stick) mann now acknowledges this in a failing attempt to preserve some credibility and some possibility of future employment when the AGW hoax finally collapses...you should pay attention to the actions of your icons...clearly from their ivy towers, they see further into the future than you grunts doing the useful idiot work down here on the ground....although I have to give you credit for your "off the deniers" comment...did you see the australian government funded a "fantasy play" titled Kill the Deniers....at least you know, at least on a subconscious level, that the old brutal totalitarianism is just below the surface of modern liberalism....that being the case, predicting their future actions isn't really that difficult. When you have no actual evidence, threats, hostages, guns, and threats are all that are left to you in support of your failed hypothesis.

The "hiatus" is real and continues to be real...the only increase in temperature since the late 20th century is the result of data manipulation

Manipulated to improve accuracy. That we've seen three record years in a row makes it a little difficult to assert that warming has stopped. This, of course, forces you to attempt to claim that these new records are false as well. All part of the perfectly coordinated actions of thousands of scientists scattered across the world, speaking a dozen different languages and holding a half dozen different political viewpoints, not ONE of who has yet slip the scam, confessed or failed to make data manipulated by others work flawlessly within their own-physics based work.

....even old mikey (hockey stick) mann now acknowledges this in a failing attempt to preserve some credibility and some possibility of future employment when the AGW hoax finally collapses...

He does no such thing. And if this "hoax" could be maintained through as much unjustified manipulation as you claim without giving itself away, it's just not going to, is it.

you should pay attention to the actions of your icons...clearly from their ivy towers, they see further into the future than you grunts doing the useful idiot work down here on the ground

You should pay attention to the evidence - in particular the utter lack supporting your tiresome claims.

....although I have to give you credit for your "off the deniers" comment

The one you've taken out of context, ignoring both poster Stephanie's "offing" comments and the clear meaning of the word "hypothetically"? You keep that in your sig. Don't touch a thing.

...did you see the australian government funded a "fantasy play" titled Kill the Deniers....at least you know, at least on a subconscious level, that the old brutal totalitarianism is just below the surface of modern liberalism....that being the case, predicting their future actions isn't really that difficult. When you have no actual evidence, threats, hostages, guns, and threats are all that are left to you in support of your failed hypothesis.

HAHAHAHAAaaaahahahaaaaa... wow. You are SO pathetic... despite the sensation of having been slimed whenever I engage you, I find myself the tiniest bit sympathetic towards you at times like this. My god what a miserable life you must lead. I can only assume that this practice of complete projection and false characterization extends elsewhere in your life. I cannot imagine how bitter you must be.

Last edited:

The "hiatus" is real and continues to be real...the only increase in temperature since the late 20th century is the result of data manipulation

Manipulated to improve accuracy. That we've seen three record years in a row makes it a little difficult to assert that warming has stopped. This, of course, forces you to attempt to claim that these new records are false as well. All part of the perfectly coordinated actions of thousands of scientists scattered across the world, speaking a dozen different languages and holding a half dozen different political viewpoints, not ONE of who has yet slip the scam, confessed or failed to make data manipulated by others work flawlessly within their own-physics based work.

....even old mikey (hockey stick) mann now acknowledges this in a failing attempt to preserve some credibility and some possibility of future employment when the AGW hoax finally collapses...

He does no such thing. And if this "hoax" could be maintained through as much unjustified manipulation as you claim without giving itself away, it's just not going to, is it.

you should pay attention to the actions of your icons...clearly from their ivy towers, they see further into the future than you grunts doing the useful idiot work down here on the ground

You should pay attention to the evidence - in particular the utter lack supporting your tiresome claims.

....although I have to give you credit for your "off the deniers" comment

The one you've taken out of context, ignoring both poster Stephanie's "offing" comments and the clear meaning of the word "hypothetically"? You keep that in your sig. Don't touch a thing.

...did you see the australian government funded a "fantasy play" titled Kill the Deniers....at least you know, at least on a subconscious level, that the old brutal totalitarianism is just below the surface of modern liberalism....that being the case, predicting their future actions isn't really that difficult. When you have no actual evidence, threats, hostages, guns, and threats are all that are left to you in support of your failed hypothesis.

HAHAHAHAAaaaahahahaaaaa... wow. You are SO pathetic... despite the sensation of having been slimed whenever I engage you, I find myself the tiniest bit sympathetic towards you at times like this. My god what a miserable life you must lead. I can only assume that this practice of complete projection and false characterization extends elsewhere in your life. I cannot imagine how bitter you must be.

Manipulated to improve accuracy.

You will never get how ridiculous that sounds will you?

I manipulated my golf score to improve accuracy

Hey boss I went back and manipulated the S.P.C. charts on that last production run to improve accuracy.

*Sigh*

Crick said:
Manipulated to improve accuracy.
You will never get how ridiculous that sounds will you?

I manipulated my golf score to improve accuracy

Hey boss I went back and manipulated the S.P.C. charts on that last production run to improve accuracy.

*Sigh*

Say we find that every ABC Brand weather thermometer reads 0.35C high. We take all the data collected with ABC Brand thermometers and we removed 0.35C from the readings. A manipulation that improves the accuracy of our data.

In case you were having trouble envisioning that.

Forum List

Back