10,000 Poor Little Bunnies Slaughtered for Fun

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
0,,19084785_303,00.jpg

Tears should be streaming down your face at the headlines and the photo. Just what some Greenie wants you to think/feel. As always, one has to read more than the headlines to get to the truth. You see, they want you to believe just how awful New Zealanders are for doing this terrible thing. But, here's why they did it →

Ferreira says rabbits have caused major problems for farmers in the region, ravaging farmland and raiding carrot and cauliflower crops. The species was introduced to New Zealand by settlers in the 1800s and the population has grown rapidly ever since.

Another case of an invasive species introduced by Man raising havoc with the local environment. The full story is @ Thousands of rabbits killed in New Zealand Easter hunt | News | DW.COM | 26.03.2016

0,,19084785_303,00.jpg

Tears should be streaming down your face at the headlines and the photo. Just what some Greenie wants you to think/feel. As always, one has to read more than the headlines to get to the truth. You see, they want you to believe just how awful New Zealanders are for doing this terrible thing. But, here's why they did it →

Ferreira says rabbits have caused major problems for farmers in the region, ravaging farmland and raiding carrot and cauliflower crops. The species was introduced to New Zealand by settlers in the 1800s and the population has grown rapidly ever since.

Another case of an invasive species introduced by Man raising havoc with the local environment. The full story is @ Thousands of rabbits killed in New Zealand Easter hunt | News | DW.COM | 26.03.2016
Is this thread supposed to be referring to some actions or statements by some 'Greenie"

You posted the headline. Who is 'they'?

There are some environmental activists who are concerned about the fates of individual animals, and some who are concerned about the entire ecology. While there are those who get upset at the 'bunnies' or deer or goats or other invasive species being eradicated by man after being introduced by man, I am certainly not one of them.

0,,19084785_303,00.jpg

And on the day after Good Friday, while Jesus is away on a three day weekend. When he get's back oh are they gonna get it!

One of my favorite videos, just because of the irony factor.

The odd thing is ... I have a bunny now. In January, I found a tiny black and white bunny in my backyard. Obviously not a wild bunny, so I took it in. She's my pet now. Bunny is litterbox trained, so she gets the run of the house now. And she's not allowed outside, because I regularly see red-tailed hawks up in my trees. The one I saw today was so big, even the cats were hiding in the garage.

Last edited:
Otago's annual rabbit hunt kills 10,000 pests

Okay, so here's the Kiwi version of the rabbit hunt and it isn't anywhere near as smarmy as the BuzzFeed piece.

Rabbits were introduced to New Zealand in 1830s by settlers and spread throughout the country, causing widespread damage, Newshub reported.

They are estimated to have caused tens millions of dollars in pest control and lost profit, according to The Guardian

The hunters took down other pests as well; ferrets, stoats, and possums – none of which are native to the islands.

Read story @ Otago's annual rabbit hunt kills 10,000 pests - National - NZ Herald News

They used to have huge jackrabbit hunts in Harney County. Drove them by the hundreds into fence enclosures and clubbed them to death.

Forum List

Back