State police using FED technology to crack smartphones

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
State Police Using Fed Technology to Crack Smartphones

State law enforcement agencies now using technology previously only available to FBI, other three-letter agencies, to crack smartphones

State law enforcement agencies now using technology previously only available to FBI, other three-letter agencies, to crack smartphones
Now that the use of smartphones have became prevalent throughout American culture, particularly with the younger generation, humans are becoming increasingly interconnected with technology and are leaving behind a footprint of data on their devices which is now discoverable by state law enforcement agencies through the use of advanced forensic technology previously only privy to the F.B.I. and other three-letter agencies.
According to a Pew Research Center survey taken in early-to-mid 2015, 72% of Americans own smartphones and are using their devices on a regular basis to communicate with others both verbally and digitally. Additionally the survey concluded that a vast percentage of Millennials between the ages of 18 and 34 use the Internet on a daily basis, accessing it from their devices, some 99% of them.

More importantly, data stored internally on users smartphones has now become readily accessable by state and local law enforcement agencies on a grand scale through the use of cell-site simulators, also known as International Mobile Subscriber Identity (ISMI) catchers like the DirtBox, StingRay, or TriggerFish), and Universal Forensic Extraction Devices (UFEDs).

Over the past five years the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security have spent over $95 million dollars to acquire at least 430 cell-site simulation devices which can be used to target persons of interest, according to a new Committee on Oversight and Government Reform report released December 19 which was based on an internal investigation.

An excerpt from the report reads:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This can and will be used against you even from your past.
This can and will be tracking your every move...............
But oh wait a minute you aren't doing anything wrong, or you have nothing to hide isn't that right.

Then you do not even know what you don't know there fore you are in bigger danger of privacy rights than you realize and part of the Nations problems. .....................

Last edited:
I see USMB's Alex Jones annex is busy again today. Is Jones paying USMB to make sure his fake news is redistributed here on a regular basis? instead of the rubber room where it belongs?

I see USMB's Alex Jones annex is busy again today. Is Jones paying USMB to make sure his fake news is redistributed here on a regular basis? instead of the rubber room where it belongs?
Actually some of th Rep's are wanting to bring legislation forward to prevent these from being used without warrants. Heard it about a week ago.

Actually some of th Rep's are wanting to bring legislation forward to prevent these from being used without warrants. Heard it about a week ago.

Any Alex Jones link is fake news.

• Banned

There's always a backdoor.

Cell site simulators: How law enforcement can track you

• Banned

Thanks . I've known about these issues for a loooong time trust me. Sting ray system, they are putting cameras in cactus plants in AZ, fake cell phone towers are up etc. It's worse than most even have a fkn clue.

• Banned

good article too by the way.

• Banned
upload_2016-12-27_13-13-55.png

Yep, the idea they can zoom into anyone's conversations for any reason they want, is nuts. Warrants should be needed.

Forum List

Back