State of Emergency in L.A.

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
New mayor in Los Angeles.
After getting sworn in by Vice President Kamala Harris, the former congresswoman took to the podium and declared, “I will start my first day as mayor at the city’s Emergency Operations Centers, where my first act as mayor will be to declare a state of emergency on homelessness.”

If you happen to live in L.A., you may want to get out while you can.

LA mayor Karen Bass declares state of emergency in response to more than 40K homeless people

If you are a Bum , Los Angeles is the place to be. Mild Weather, plenty of rich people with change to spare, they allow you to camp and crap right on the city sidewalks.

So much for taking a midnight train to Bangor Maine like Dean Martin back in the 1950's.

Nowadays, its head west young man, head west, and slum around with swimming pools and movie stars.

If you are a Bum , Los Angeles is the place to be. Mild Weather, plenty of rich people with change to spare, they allow you to camp and crap right on the city sidewalks.

So much for taking a midnight train to Bangor Maine like Dean Martin back in the 1950's.

Nowadays, its head west young man, head west, and slum around with swimming pools and movie stars.

New mayor in Los Angeles.
After getting sworn in by Vice President Kamala Harris, the former congresswoman took to the podium and declared, “I will start my first day as mayor at the city’s Emergency Operations Centers, where my first act as mayor will be to declare a state of emergency on homelessness.”

If you happen to live in L.A., you may want to get out while you can.

LA mayor Karen Bass declares state of emergency in response to more than 40K homeless people
Birds of a feather flock together, sound familiar?

This could turn out like that scene in The Dark Knight Rises where the presumably evil home owners and apartment and condo dwellers get booted out to make room for the poor.

Mayor McbAssHole will make everything better. We know — because he was sworn in by HeelsUp Harris.

This could turn out like that scene in The Dark Knight Rises where the presumably evil home owners and apartment and condo dwellers get booted out to make room for the poor.

Mayor McbAssHole will make everything better. We know — because he was sworn in by HeelsUp Harris.
That's what happened in Russia after the communist revolution.

The problem with the homeless of Los Angeles is that many of the homeless want to be unhoused. They aren't homeless. They have a nice tent or cobbled together shelter.

A solution would be to take one of the golf courses and let the unhoused put their shelters there.

There are so many homeless people....and just as many EMPTY BUILDINGS that could house them. But...ordinances, ya know.

I will start my first day as mayor at the city’s Emergency Operations Centers, where my first act as mayor will be to declare a state of emergency on homelessness.

The solution is simple: all she has to do is treat the 40,000 homeless Americans impoverished by her leftwing policies half as well as she treats the millions of illegal, invading undocumented aliens!

My guess is a lot of new residences will be going up soon considering California has been hell bent and removing zoning for single family homes.

So I see a lot of low rent housing going up for homeless people which will switch things from homeless problems to drug, ghetto and crime problems.

Millions maybe even billions will be spent and a lot of politicians and construction companies will be pocketing a lot of cash on this one.

I smell a big scam incoming for California.

My views :
She will definitely fail if her act is actually part of business or political games. The homeless don't need any stupid games. But politicians are politicians. Nothing can change their true colors! lol. :)

Facts:
1) According to the report, the Los Angeles homelessness crisis largely began during World War II, when housing development could not keep up with the city’s population growth. A rush of federal housing development and widespread rent control was enacted in 1942 in response. But redlining and exclusionary zoning practices excluded most people of color from the postwar housing boom, setting the stage for racial disparities that continue today.

2) Another factor was California’s shutting down of mental health care institutions beginning in the 1950s, which left few options for indigent people with mental health challenges. Many of them ended up on the streets, in jail or cycling between the two, according to the report.

3) Some real estate developers and businesses have lobbied against policies that would produce low-cost housing or establish broader rent control policies that would keep housing more affordable.

Source:
The history of homelessness in Los Angeles points to new approaches | UCLA – The history of homelessness in Los Angeles points to new approaches

OP, are you able to articulate in a clear and concise manner what you'd like done about the homeless situation in Los Angeles?

Looking forward to your response.

Forum List

Back