St Louis Rams trade for number 1 draft pick

Arent most franchise QBs taken in later rounds......
Most but not always.Peyton Manning was the first pick in the first round and so was Luck.while Goff and wentz are not being billed like they are,I have to believe they know something we dont.Being in LA they want to make a splash and you got to think they exhaustively did research on this before they made the deal.

I don't know if most is even accurate. Of the top 10 quarterbacks in playoff wins, 6 were drafted in the 1st round. 4 were drafted 1st overall.

It's obviously a bit of a crap-shoot. Montana was a 3rd rounder, Brady a 6th rounder, and they are at the top of the list in playoff wins. I would say that the odds are better if you find a QB good enough to draft in the first round, particularly one good enough to be taken in the top 3......but with the Ryan Leaf's and Johnny Manziel's of the world, it's dangerous to rely too heavily on a drafted QB to lead your team to success. :dunno:
true enough.I cant think of any others other than Manning and Luck that lived up to their promise.those were some nightmare years i had to go through as a charger fan when they had ryan leaf.Ohh those bad memories.

I think they gave up too much

Titans Trade No. 1 Pick to Rams

According to Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com, the Titans will receive the No. 15 (first round), No. 43 (second round), No. 45 (second round) and No. 76 (third round) picks in the 2016 draft, along with the Rams' first- and third-round selections in 2017.

According to Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com, the Titans will receive the No. 15 (first round), No. 43 (second round), No. 45 (second round) and No. 76 (third round) picks in the 2016 draft, along with the Rams' first- and third-round selections in 2017.

St. Louis? I do not believe St.Louis has an NFL team.
you are forgetting the OP here would go to lengths to commit hari kari FIRST before he would ever deal having to admit he was proven wrong.:lmao:Unlike you,he cant accept defeat like you have so he will do anything in the world to convince himself he is right which is pretty scary stuff.:lmao::rofl:

Remember THIS pic? that is a picture of child rightwinger on the left and that is me on the right laughing at him.:biggrin:

12540927_987496307973040_7795006481399132040_n.jpg

Still waiting to see that stadium in LA for the "LA Rams"

We know that ain't happening...especially with the team a thousand miles away

As long as they at least play in the same state.....I have never understood the New York Jets and Giants playing in Jersey. I was born in NY, lived there until my teen years, and I say, "Fuck Jersey.". :lmao:

Yeah I wish they would call them by their appropriate names the new jersey jets and new jersey Giants like they did with the Knicks all that time they were there.The Rams when they were in Anaheim,at least it wasnt silly calling them the Los Angeles Rams since Anaheim is a suburb of LA just right outside the city limits.

Most but not always.Peyton Manning was the first pick in the first round and so was Luck.while Goff and wentz are not being billed like they are,I have to believe they know something we dont.Being in LA they want to make a splash and you got to think they exhaustively did research on this before they made the deal.

I don't know if most is even accurate. Of the top 10 quarterbacks in playoff wins, 6 were drafted in the 1st round. 4 were drafted 1st overall.

It's obviously a bit of a crap-shoot. Montana was a 3rd rounder, Brady a 6th rounder, and they are at the top of the list in playoff wins. I would say that the odds are better if you find a QB good enough to draft in the first round, particularly one good enough to be taken in the top 3......but with the Ryan Leaf's and Johnny Manziel's of the world, it's dangerous to rely too heavily on a drafted QB to lead your team to success. :dunno:
true enough.I cant think of any others other than Manning and Luck that lived up to their promise.those were some nightmare years i had to go through as a charger fan when they had ryan leaf.Ohh those bad memories.

Aikman, Elway, Plunkett, and Bradshaw were all 1st overall and had great success in the league. Whether you think they were great QBs or not, they can be said to have lived up to their first overall selections based on the success of their teams (maybe not Plunkett, just as Eli Manning might not count in this context, but they both did lead their teams to multiple SB wins).

I would imagine that the success rate of QBs taken after the 1st round is less than those taken in it. Again, it's a bit of a crap shoot. There are so many factors involved, from the coaching staff, to injuries, the supporting cast around the QB, the strength of the defense (see Russell Wilson or Peyton Manning last year), etc..

The difficulty in predicting how draft picks will perform in the NFL is one reason I don't really pay close attention to the draft.

USMB's resident troll rightwinger as always,proves he has to LIE when he knows he has been proven wrong.:rofl:to know surprise he is doing exactly what i said he would do two years ago when I said he would lie when i proved him that the rams were going to be in LA this year since all he did was insist they would not move back and would stay in st louis.

thanks for proving rightwinger to everyone,that you would first commit hari kari first before ever uttering these words to anyone-you were right,i was wrong.:rofl:

this is a picture of me on the right and a picture of rightwinger on the left whining to his mommy in defeat since he can never deal with being taken to school by anyone.:rofl::haha:

The NFL forces the media to report the Rams play in Los Angeles, just like they tell the media to report the Giants play in NY

Some people, such as yourself are so gullible....when you going to show us the new "Rams Stadium" in LA?

You are such a sucker

So are you saying the Rams are not moving.........have not moved?? Why would you say that since it is a done deal? Weird.

Aikman, Elway, Plunkett, and Bradshaw were all 1st overall and had great success in the league. Whether you think they were great QBs or not, they can be said to have lived up to their first overall selections based on the success of their teams (maybe not Plunkett, just as Eli Manning might not count in this context, but they both did lead their teams to multiple SB wins).

I would imagine that the success rate of QBs taken after the 1st round is less than those taken in it. Again, it's a bit of a crap shoot. There are so many factors involved, from the coaching staff, to injuries, the supporting cast around the QB, the strength of the defense (see Russell Wilson or Peyton Manning last year), etc..

The difficulty in predicting how draft picks will perform in the NFL is one reason I don't really pay close attention to the draft.

Oh yeah forgot about Aikman and Elway being the number one pick.Was not aware of that on Bradshaw or Plunkett.speaking of Elway,he is the last quarterback i can think of other than Rich Gannon from the AFC,that was a scrambler was was tough to catch and could scramble like russel wilson,kaernick or brett farve,can you think of any recent AFC guys that could do that well like them?

If you get a franchise QB it makes perfect sense, but that isn't what they are assured of getting. They could get a Manning or a Leaf or a Mirer.
Too many changes right now for the gamble. They need more than just a QB, they need to establish themselves, garner a newer fanbase, etc to truly do that they need to Ws

Fisher will get them to 7-9.
I caught Fisher on NFL Network. I like him very much, always have. The Rams have a hell of a road sched next season with many on the east coast. They need someone who will lead them and be an anchor.

I've always liked Fisher.
The Titans were fools to get rid of him.

Fisher was a very inconsistent coach with the Titans. They got rid of him after the team went from 13-3, to 8-8, to 6-10. He's been much more consistent with the Rams. Unfortunately for that team, he has been consistently mediocre. With the Rams the team has gone 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. His teams have gotten to one AFC Championship game. His teams are 5-6 in the playoffs. He's had 6 years coaching teams with a winning record, 5 years coaching teams that were .500, and 9 years coaching teams with a losing record (not counting his 1-5 record as interim coach in 94). When the Titans parted ways with Fisher, the team had not won a playoff game in 8 years.

Fisher seems to be a pretty average coach. As with quarterbacks, teams are always looking for the right coach. They can be very important; just look at my Niners. Terrible team, Harbaugh comes in and they have 3 years of great success, then when things with Harbaugh go south the team is terrible again.

I think Fisher is probably on a somewhat short leash at this point. If the Rams can't get past .500 in the next few years, maybe even in the next 2 years, he'll be gone.

So you think Mularkey is the better coach?
I have to disagree.

USMB's resident troll rightwinger as always,proves he has to LIE when he knows he has been proven wrong.:rofl:to know surprise he is doing exactly what i said he would do two years ago when I said he would lie when i proved him that the rams were going to be in LA this year since all he did was insist they would not move back and would stay in st louis.

thanks for proving rightwinger to everyone,that you would first commit hari kari first before ever uttering these words to anyone-you were right,i was wrong.:rofl:

this is a picture of me on the right and a picture of rightwinger on the left whining to his mommy in defeat since he can never deal with being taken to school by anyone.:rofl::haha:

The NFL forces the media to report the Rams play in Los Angeles, just like they tell the media to report the Giants play in NY

Some people, such as yourself are so gullible....when you going to show us the new "Rams Stadium" in LA?

You are such a sucker

So are you saying the Rams are not moving.........have not moved?? Why would you say that since it is a done deal? Weird.

I am also wondering what happened to his assurances from a year ago that the Raiders were going to be in LA this year.:rofl::biggrin::lmao:

Oh yeah forgot about Aikman and Elway being the number one pick.Was not aware of that on Bradshaw or Plunkett.speaking of Elway,he is the last quarterback i can think of other than Rich Gannon from the AFC,that was a scrambler was was tough to catch and could scramble like russel wilson,kaernick or brett farve,can you think of any recent AFC guys that could do that well like them?

Luck is actually pretty mobile. So is Alex Smith. I don't think they are at the level of Wilson or Kaepernick, but Favre? Yeah, they can scramble to that degree. They don't do it that often, but they both have surprising speed and scrambling ability.

Too many changes right now for the gamble. They need more than just a QB, they need to establish themselves, garner a newer fanbase, etc to truly do that they need to Ws

I caught Fisher on NFL Network. I like him very much, always have. The Rams have a hell of a road sched next season with many on the east coast. They need someone who will lead them and be an anchor.

Fisher was a very inconsistent coach with the Titans. They got rid of him after the team went from 13-3, to 8-8, to 6-10. He's been much more consistent with the Rams. Unfortunately for that team, he has been consistently mediocre. With the Rams the team has gone 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. His teams have gotten to one AFC Championship game. His teams are 5-6 in the playoffs. He's had 6 years coaching teams with a winning record, 5 years coaching teams that were .500, and 9 years coaching teams with a losing record (not counting his 1-5 record as interim coach in 94). When the Titans parted ways with Fisher, the team had not won a playoff game in 8 years.

Fisher seems to be a pretty average coach. As with quarterbacks, teams are always looking for the right coach. They can be very important; just look at my Niners. Terrible team, Harbaugh comes in and they have 3 years of great success, then when things with Harbaugh go south the team is terrible again.

I think Fisher is probably on a somewhat short leash at this point. If the Rams can't get past .500 in the next few years, maybe even in the next 2 years, he'll be gone.

I have to disagree.

Hey, I didn't say they improved after Fisher, I was just pointing out that he hasn't been an exceptional coach in a lot of ways. :D

To be fair to Mularkey, he doesn't have much of a head coaching resume in the NFL to look at. What little there is hasn't been very good, though. We'll probably have a better idea about it in the next year or two. The Titans have what they expect to be their franchise QB and now a ton of draft picks to build with. If he has the coaching chops he should be able to do something with this team (assuming the GM doesn't screw him with horrible picks :lol:).

I have to disagree.

Oh, and it's not as though the Titans replaced Fisher with Mularkey. There have been a couple of other coaches in between. :)

Fisher will have two years then he goes, he has been terrible the last two years. He has had good defenses and has failed to capitalize on it. The system didn't work for Foles. The coach needs to be able to utilize the offense. It's the Rams, who cares what they do, they are only a pain to the Seahawks.

I have to disagree.

Hey, I didn't say they improved after Fisher, I was just pointing out that he hasn't been an exceptional coach in a lot of ways. :D

To be fair to Mularkey, he doesn't have much of a head coaching resume in the NFL to look at. What little there is hasn't been very good, though. We'll probably have a better idea about it in the next year or two. The Titans have what they expect to be their franchise QB and now a ton of draft picks to build with. If he has the coaching chops he should be able to do something with this team (assuming the GM doesn't screw him with horrible picks :lol:).

If he cant get the Titans going with all those picks something just aint right in Tennessee.....did they ever figure out the ownership thing?
The Adams are one screwed up family.

I have to disagree.

Oh, and it's not as though the Titans replaced Fisher with Mularkey. There have been a couple of other coaches in between. :)

And none of them have been for shit.
I cant figure out how the Adams think. I really thought that once Bud died things would change but it turns out the rest of the family is just as screwed up.

St. Louis? I do not believe St.Louis has an NFL team.
you are forgetting the OP here would go to lengths to commit hari kari FIRST before he would ever deal having to admit he was proven wrong.:lmao:Unlike you,he cant accept defeat like you have so he will do anything in the world to convince himself he is right which is pretty scary stuff.:lmao::rofl:

Remember THIS pic? that is a picture of child rightwinger on the left and that is me on the right laughing at him.:biggrin:

Still waiting to see that stadium in LA for the "LA Rams"

We know that ain't happening...especially with the team a thousand miles away

As long as they at least play in the same state.....I have never understood the New York Jets and Giants playing in Jersey. I was born in NY, lived there until my teen years, and I say, "Fuck Jersey.". :lmao:

Yeah I wish they would call them by their appropriate names the new jersey jets and new jersey Giants like they did with the Knicks all that time they were there.The Rams when they were in Anaheim,at least it wasnt silly calling them the Los Angeles Rams since Anaheim is a suburb of LA just right outside the city limits.
But when you have a team playing in St Louis and try to convince people they are an LA team, you have gone too far

St Louis is making an all or nothing play for a QB who may turn out to be a marginal talent

I can see why LA doesn't want them

You are such a sucker

I am also wondering what happened to his assurances from a year ago that the Raiders were going to be in LA this year.:rofl::biggrin::lmao:

Thats why I say the truth here when I say we know what rightwinger looks like in real life.that is him on the left hand side in his Raiders shirt crying to mommy having to deal with defeat that the Raiders are not in LA this year as he assured us they would ,and me on the right hand side in my Rams shirt laughing at him.:biggrin:

everyone knows what I look like in real life as well now.I know nobody ever guessed I had fur all over me.:biggrin:

But it was well known that rightwinger was that child on the left in the raider shirt crying though.lol.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

me consoling rightwinger while crying about the raiders staying in oakland.:itsok::itsok:

Last edited:
Still waiting for that new stadium for the "LA Rams"

LA hasn't built one since 1962.....don't think they will do it now

I like the trade. The Rams front office feels they have a better chance of getting a franchise quarterback now this year. It also gives them and LA more of a "fresh start" going into relocation. I assume the pick will be Wentz since that is whom the talking heads all agree is the better of the two prospects. He seemed to have a decent Pro Day workout, although he struggled initially when Pep Hamilton poured water on the football before he threw. My biggest concern when deciding between Wentz and Goff would be the level of competition the former saw at North Dakota St. In my opinion the Rams might make the playoffs as a wildcard this year. Were it not for the strength of their division I would predict them to make the playoffs for sure.

Forum List

Back