St Louis Rams trade for number 1 draft pick

See Vikings Walker deal....Titans will now win the SB
Perhaps you are correct. The deal does not make much sense to me from the Rams point of view.

If you get a franchise QB it makes perfect sense, but that isn't what they are assured of getting. They could get a Manning or a Leaf or a Mirer.
Too many changes right now for the gamble. They need more than just a QB, they need to establish themselves, garner a newer fanbase, etc to truly do that they need to Ws

Fisher will get them to 7-9.
I caught Fisher on NFL Network. I like him very much, always have. The Rams have a hell of a road sched next season with many on the east coast. They need someone who will lead them and be an anchor.

Thats a hell of a lot to give for this QB class.

This isn't a good draft for QB's but if you hit the one, it is a game changer. I wouldn't have given up that much. Of course they may go to free agency next year to get the players they need.

Like the Texans did this year.

Did they really get a QB? I'm not sold on Osweiler just yet. He needs another year or so.

Which is why I said possible in post #37.
I like the move,sure it has a fair amount of risk but so does drafting a college QB who may not be able to play at the NFL level.
Plus we have a more than likely feature back and all of our draft picks.
If Brock doesnt work out it's a two year hit and we move on.

Perhaps you are correct. The deal does not make much sense to me from the Rams point of view.

If you get a franchise QB it makes perfect sense, but that isn't what they are assured of getting. They could get a Manning or a Leaf or a Mirer.
Too many changes right now for the gamble. They need more than just a QB, they need to establish themselves, garner a newer fanbase, etc to truly do that they need to Ws

I caught Fisher on NFL Network. I like him very much, always have. The Rams have a hell of a road sched next season with many on the east coast. They need someone who will lead them and be an anchor.

Which is unlikely in a year one QB.

give em couple yrs........If QB they have pans out .......Titans that is...you get that many picks almost impossible to screw it up

I've always liked Fisher.
The Titans were fools to get rid of him.

A franchise QB is the key to being a good coach.

It definitely helps.
I was impressed with what Bill O'brien did with the carousel of QBs last year.
Fitzpatrick had his best year under BO and said he learned more about the QB position than he had over his entire career.
Same for Hoyer as far as his performance went.
I'm hoping he can make Brock shine.

Fisher was a very inconsistent coach with the Titans. They got rid of him after the team went from 13-3, to 8-8, to 6-10. He's been much more consistent with the Rams. Unfortunately for that team, he has been consistently mediocre. With the Rams the team has gone 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. His teams have gotten to one AFC Championship game. His teams are 5-6 in the playoffs. He's had 6 years coaching teams with a winning record, 5 years coaching teams that were .500, and 9 years coaching teams with a losing record (not counting his 1-5 record as interim coach in 94). When the Titans parted ways with Fisher, the team had not won a playoff game in 8 years.

Fisher seems to be a pretty average coach. As with quarterbacks, teams are always looking for the right coach. They can be very important; just look at my Niners. Terrible team, Harbaugh comes in and they have 3 years of great success, then when things with Harbaugh go south the team is terrible again.

I think Fisher is probably on a somewhat short leash at this point. If the Rams can't get past .500 in the next few years, maybe even in the next 2 years, he'll be gone.

I think they gave up too much

Titans Trade No. 1 Pick to Rams

According to Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com, the Titans will receive the No. 15 (first round), No. 43 (second round), No. 45 (second round) and No. 76 (third round) picks in the 2016 draft, along with the Rams' first- and third-round selections in 2017.

According to Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com, the Titans will receive the No. 15 (first round), No. 43 (second round), No. 45 (second round) and No. 76 (third round) picks in the 2016 draft, along with the Rams' first- and third-round selections in 2017.

St. Louis? I do not believe St.Louis has an NFL team.

Actually there is a st louis cardinals football team that plays there.:biggrin:

you are forgetting the OP here would go to lengths to commit hari kari FIRST before he would ever deal having to admit he was proven wrong by anybody at USMB,never has,never will.:lmao:Unlike you,he cant accept defeat like you have so he will do anything in the world to convince himself he is right which is pretty scary stuff.:lmao::rofl:

Remember THIS pic? that is a picture of child rightwinger on the left and that is me on the right laughing at him.:biggrin:

12540927_987496307973040_7795006481399132040_n.jpg

Last edited:
Arent most franchise QBs taken in later rounds......
Most but not always.Peyton Manning was the first pick in the first round and so was Luck.while Goff and wentz are not being billed like they are,I have to believe they know something we dont.Being in LA they want to make a splash and you got to think they exhaustively did research on this before they made the deal.

Fisher was a very inconsistent coach with the Titans. They got rid of him after the team went from 13-3, to 8-8, to 6-10. He's been much more consistent with the Rams. Unfortunately for that team, he has been consistently mediocre. With the Rams the team has gone 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. His teams have gotten to one AFC Championship game. His teams are 5-6 in the playoffs. He's had 6 years coaching teams with a winning record, 5 years coaching teams that were .500, and 9 years coaching teams with a losing record (not counting his 1-5 record as interim coach in 94). When the Titans parted ways with Fisher, the team had not won a playoff game in 8 years.

Fisher seems to be a pretty average coach. As with quarterbacks, teams are always looking for the right coach. They can be very important; just look at my Niners. Terrible team, Harbaugh comes in and they have 3 years of great success, then when things with Harbaugh go south the team is terrible again.

I think Fisher is probably on a somewhat short leash at this point. If the Rams can't get past .500 in the next few years, maybe even in the next 2 years, he'll be gone.

Yeah I think Fisher at one time was a good coach,thats not debatable.what Is debatable is if he is a good one NOW.

The ONLY reason I can possibly think of that Kroneke brought him back as their coach this year is because while in stank louis,he wasnt trying to win.He intentionally tried to lose games so Kroneke could justify having poor attendance to move them back.Thats what the evil bitch woman did to move them to her hometown in stank louis.she purposely tanked the team getting rid of eric dickerson,kevin greene and many other great ram players so they would lose and have poor attendance to justify the move. Karma has come back to st louis with the shoe being on the other foot.lol Thats what I am GUESSING anyways cause like i said,its the only thing that makes any sense why Kroneke would bring Fisher to LA with him because they were never trying to win there when Kroneke took over.

You got to remember,Fisher was the head coach of the then Houston OIlers before they became the Tennesse Titans.Fisher having been a coach who went through a relocation situation once before, was the ideal coach for Kroneke to hire since he knew how to handle the situation .

Okay Fisher did his job on that front,having a losing record the last 4 years in st louis means nothing to me.I am fine and HAPPY with the fact he did nothing while in stank louis,however if he doesnt have a winning season THIS YEAR,he has freaking got to go because that just shows me he WASNT trying to lose while he was in st louis. If Fisher has another losing season this year,fans are going to get restless with Kroneke because as happy as they are that they have their team back in LA where they belong,they are going to hate Kroneke if Fisher does not finish with a winning season this year and he brings him back next year.

LA fans will support them win or lose contrary to the myth about LA fans,but that is ONLY if the owner shows he is at least TRYING to win. If Fisher does not have a winning season this year,he freaking needs to go. I cant possibly see Kroneke brining him back next year if they dont finish with a winning season in LA this year.

you are forgetting the OP here would go to lengths to commit hari kari FIRST before he would ever deal having to admit he was proven wrong.:lmao:Unlike you,he cant accept defeat like you have so he will do anything in the world to convince himself he is right which is pretty scary stuff.:lmao::rofl:

Remember THIS pic? that is a picture of child rightwinger on the left and that is me on the right laughing at him.:biggrin:

Still waiting to see that stadium in LA for the "LA Rams"

We know that ain't happening...especially with the team a thousand miles away

It is SO much a great feeling looking at the USA TODAY sports page with all the teams schedules and seeing those magical words at the top LOS ANGELES Rams again.:banana::dance::clap2:

Arent most franchise QBs taken in later rounds......
Most but not always.Peyton Manning was the first pick in the first round and so was Luck.while Goff and wentz are not being billed like they are,I have to believe they know something we dont.Being in LA they want to make a splash and you got to think they exhaustively did research on this before they made the deal.

I don't know if most is even accurate. Of the top 10 quarterbacks in playoff wins, 6 were drafted in the 1st round. 4 were drafted 1st overall.

It's obviously a bit of a crap-shoot. Montana was a 3rd rounder, Brady a 6th rounder, and they are at the top of the list in playoff wins. I would say that the odds are better if you find a QB good enough to draft in the first round, particularly one good enough to be taken in the top 3......but with the Ryan Leaf's and Johnny Manziel's of the world, it's dangerous to rely too heavily on a drafted QB to lead your team to success. :dunno:

you are forgetting the OP here would go to lengths to commit hari kari FIRST before he would ever deal having to admit he was proven wrong.:lmao:Unlike you,he cant accept defeat like you have so he will do anything in the world to convince himself he is right which is pretty scary stuff.:lmao::rofl:

As long as they at least play in the same state.....I have never understood the New York Jets and Giants playing in Jersey. I was born in NY, lived there until my teen years, and I say, "Fuck Jersey.". :lmao:

As long as they at least play in the same state.....I have never understood the New York Jets and Giants playing in Jersey. I was born in NY, lived there until my teen years, and I say, "Fuck Jersey.". :lmao:
It was a test by the NFL to see what they can get away with

Now they are trying to convince us that the St Louis Rams really play in LA

Forum List

Back