Spain screws up in spectacular style

So Spain is not going to let Catalan spend public money to revolt?

Last edited:
Spain poised to seize Catalan finances

Wow. Is that shit Franco still around ?
...The Catalans are defying a court order to suspend the 1 October vote....

Lol. We Brits had a referendum and you've done nothing but advocate the will of the people be ignored and that we continue to be governed by faceless unelected beaurocrats from Brussels. Such hypocrisy!

Lol. We Brits had a referendum and you've done nothing but advocate the will of the people be ignored and that we continue to be governed by faceless unelected beaurocrats from Brussels. Such hypocrisy!

wondering how well another Scottish independence referendum would fare with brexit just around the corner?

wondering how well another Scottish independence referendum would fare with brexit just around the corner?
Maybe you are missing my point.
Tommy does not agree with abiding by the results of referenda if he does not like the result, but is referring to Spain's leader as Franco for not funding Catalans. Get it?

Tommy does not agree with abiding by the results of referenda if he does not like the result, but is referring to Spain's leader as Franco for not funding Catalans. Get it?

well id think that Tommy was wrong too for not abiding by any referenda results. my point with you is 'governed by faceless unelected bureaucrats from Brussels.' it seems the Scot's have no problem with Brussels. they overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU whilst the rest of the UK did not. what does that say about the people's will and abiding by referenda?

well id think that Tommy was wrong too for not abiding by any referenda results. my point with you is 'governed by faceless unelected bureaucrats from Brussels.' it seems the Scot's have no problem with Brussels. they overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU whilst the rest of the UK did not. what does that say about the people's will and abiding by referenda?
Then hopefully the Scots will get another referendum and can vote again. I'm not against that.

Then hopefully the Scots will get another referendum and can vote again. I'm not against that.
the whole uk should get to vote on the awesome deal to be negotiated. what a mess.

the whole uk should get to vote on the awesome deal to be negotiated. what a mess.

totally agree. an already negotiated brexit deal should have been put to a referendum not a desire to leave. Same with the Catalan one.

But you are against the UK having a vote to ratify the super duper deal that Davis is "negotiating" ? What a hypocrite you are.

I've lived in Spain and the arrogance of the right is only matched by the incompetence of the left. Spain has never really found center ground in politics, they're as partisan as the US are, and it's destroying their country.

The Catalans want to break free and the Spanish Spanish don't want to let it happen because they know they're royally fucked if they and the Basques go. I mean, what sort of a country would be left? Lots of hard land and no one left to bother trying to work it in subsistence farming.

totally agree. an already negotiated brexit deal should have been put to a referendum not a desire to leave. Same with the Catalan one.

The problem is the Brexiters are the loud obnoxious ones who demand everything their way. They demanded a referendum and gave any old reason that fitted their needs at the time, like "democracy is great", but then when they've got what they want and don't want to lose it, they'll refuse point blank to have another vote because they never really cared about democracy in the first place.

They dont recognise Scotland as a country. They see it as a part of the UK.

But you are against the UK having a vote to ratify the super duper deal that Davis is "negotiating" ? What a hypocrite you are.
Do you prefer a direct democracy?

What is a direct democracy, and which country has it?

Not quite sure exactly what you mean.

Do I believe in democracy ? Yes.

Do I have faith in referenda ? Yes

Was this one an appalling mess ? Yes

Should we get the chance to vote on the outcome of the talks ? Absolutely.

Not quite sure exactly what you mean.

Do I believe in democracy ? Yes.

Do I have faith in referenda ? Yes

Was this one an appalling mess ? Yes

Should we get the chance to vote on the outcome of the talks ? Absolutely.

No, because once article 50 is invoked, you cannot go back, so you can't vote on outcomes.

Forum List

Back