Complex Issue

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Brexit Britain faces devil’s choice over Northern Ireland

I cant see a way around this other than reinforcing the status quo and having to swallow a lot of stuff that brexit was supposed to get rid of.

Either Britain has a land border with Europe and the province goes up in smoke, or dont have a land border and accept the EU terms and conditions.

I know that there are a host of great thinkers on this board so perhaps someone can suggest a way forward ?

I cant see a way around this other than reinforcing the status quo and having to swallow a lot of stuff that brexit was supposed to get rid of.

Either Britain has a land border with Europe and the province goes up in smoke, or dont have a land border and accept the EU terms and conditions.

I know that there are a host of great thinkers on this board so perhaps someone can suggest a way forward ?
It won’t help the current Brexit disaster but putting an end to idiotic referenda would be a step in the right direction.

The Brexit debacle is the consequence of the ignorance, stupidity, and in many cases bigotry of the British people.

Now serious, experience government administrators are forced to implement that ignorance, stupidity, and bigotry – this issue concerning Northern Ireland being one of many examples.

"I know that there are a host of great thinkers on this board so perhaps someone can suggest a way forward ?"

This is like a smoker asking for a ‘way forward’ with his lung cancer.

It won’t help the current Brexit disaster but putting an end to idiotic referenda would be a step in the right direction.

The Brexit debacle is the consequence of the ignorance, stupidity, and in many cases bigotry of the British people.

Now serious, experience government administrators are forced to implement that ignorance, stupidity, and bigotry – this issue concerning Northern Ireland being one of many examples.

The Irish voted against brexit because of the border issue.

An added complication is that the government rely on the DUP to maintain their grip on power after the election. The tories gave them a £1bn bung for their support. However the DUP will not countenance a border or a quasi border between the province and the UK because their britishness, and Presbyterian bigotry. is what defines them.

Forum List

Back