1952 Astra 600/43 Pistol

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked this one up this morning.

600 002 (2).JPG

It a Astra 600/43 in 9mm Parabellum. Very good+ condition.....No import markings.....I suspect it's part of the batch that Interarms imported in the early 60s before such markings were required.

It came with a holster and extra mag. One mag is numbered to the pistol, the spare is blank. I don't know if that was the way they were issued or not.

These are straight blow-back pistols and have some umph to them but others I have owned were all very reliable/accurate.

They were originally meant to be shipped to Nazi Germany (a 60K unit contract) in 1944 but only around 11K were delivered due to the D-Day invasion.

Most of the frames were produced in the 40s and the guns built-out as they got contracts for them. The Portuguese Navy got a lot of them as did the West German Police and Turks.

I suspect my example stayed in Spain as it never had a "Made in Spain" stamp applied like the export/contract 600/43s did.

More:

I picked this one up this morning.

View attachment 919540

It a Astra 600/43 in 9mm Parabellum. Very good+ condition.....No import markings.....I suspect it's part of the batch that Interarms imported in the early 60s before such markings were required.

It came with a holster and extra mag. One mag is numbered to the pistol, the spare is blank. I don't know if that was the way they were issued or not.

These are straight blow-back pistols and have some umph to them but others I have owned were all very reliable/accurate.

They were originally meant to be shipped to Nazi Germany (a 60K unit contract) in 1944 but only around 11K were delivered due to the D-Day invasion.

Most of the frames were produced in the 40s and the guns built-out as they got contracts for them. The Portuguese Navy got a lot of them as did the West German Police and Turks.

I suspect my example stayed in Spain as it never had a "Made in Spain" stamp applied like the export/contract 600/43s did.

More:

I own one of the German Waffenampt marked ones. I think I paid around 30 bucks for it about 40 years ago.

Shoots damned well.

Forum List

Back