Space Station for Dummies!

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
This shows little of the actual technology and skills required to make this happen...but it is awesome to see. The benefits of weightlessness are many...but few compare to the relaxation of structural needs.

USATODAY.com feature

Granny takes possum's toy away from him - when he can't keep up with `em...
icon_redface.gif

Astronauts lose part of the Space Station after it floats away on spacewalk
Rob Waugh

31 March 2017 - Astronauts lost an important piece of cloth shielding for the International Space Station after it floated away while two astronauts were on a spacewalk.
Astronaut Peggy Whitson radioed in to report that a piece was missing – and NASA is to monitor the cloth bundle to ensure it doesn’t come back and hit the station. The cloth shielding is used to protect the station against micrometeorites from space – and astronauts Whitson and Shane Kimbrough were conducting a spacewalk to install four pieces of it.

Our beautiful planet Earth in the reflection of my visor during today’s #spacewalk with @AstroPeggy. pic.twitter.com/OZJzz2Ea24 — Shane Kimbrough (@astro_kimbrough) March 30, 2017

b3fc845ce132155f2a36b2180591e840

NASA spokesman Dan Huot said that the three remaining shields were installed successfully, and the astronauts installed the cover of the docking port as a makeshift shield. Whitson radioed in, ‘You guys came up with a fantastic plan — on short notice. That’s amazing.’

The spacewalk was Whitson’s eighth – the most ever performed by a woman, and making her the third-most-experienced spacewalker of all time. Whitson has now logged 59 hours, behind Anatoly Solovyev, who has 68 hours and astronaut Mike Lopez-Alegria, who has 67.

Astronauts lose part of the Space Station after it floats away on spacewalk

According to me, true question is; are we deserving to be in the space ? Why I'm asking that ? Because I think our current civilization is not enough for that. We have so many people still believe in dogmatic opinions and stories. How can we communicate with aliens ?

Actually, I know space searchments not only about aliens, there might be so many useful information for us but I just wanted to state my own opinion.

Also if you wonder about that topic, you can read that article too:

Finding Aliens

Forum List

Back