Sorry assbonnets, bigots are not protected class

:cuckoo:

Archie Bunker was a fictional sitcom character.

OK - pay careful attention now. Try to remain focused. Yes, Archie Bunker was a fictional sitcom character. But the character of Archie Bunker is ILLUSTRATIVE of a real life situation. You see, I am BORROWING on a fictional character to DEMONSTRATE a principle.

See how that works?

All in The Family was an attempt to show conservatives as totally ignorant and practically illerate. I never really realized it until I began to watch it after I was grown. I can't even watch it without wanting to throw something at the TV.

Don't tell me you liberals just love everybody, because you don't. There are a lot of people I don't care for of ALL races. I just leave them alone and they leave me alone. They probably don't like me either. I couldn't care less. I just get so sick of hearing how the blacks are still downtrodden, the reason they all aren't brain surgeons or billionaires is because they are forbidden by white people to achieve this. That is such bullshit - nobody stopped Obama from achieving his goals. Nobody gives a shit what race he is. He'd be an idiot if he was purple with pea-green polka dots. Fortunately there are zillions of black people who HAVE made something of themselves and don't believe the "you can't succeed because whites won't let you" crap. If every American would strive to be the best they can be, get educated and make something of themselves, it would be wonderful. I find it interesting that handicapped people contribute more to society that many able bodied people do.

One thing I do agree with on All in the Family is that the character of Mike, his son in law, IS a "meathead - dead from the neck up" - he hit the nail on the head with that one.

Seriously? I've recently watched reruns of All in the Family and discovered that nothing has changed in the last 40 years.

Jesus H. CHRIST, are you dense. PAY ATTENTION!!!

My remarks about the guy who gets caught hanging a black man are directed ONLY towards you asserting that criticizing someone who opposes welfare is himself bigoted. Opposing welfare is a bigoted postion. Criticizing someone for taking that position is an attemlpt to do away with bibotry - not to promote it.

Someone who opposes bigotry is not bigoted himself. You don't defend bigotry by accusing those who are critical of it of being themselves bigoted.

Never mind, I thought you were a sensible person that could be reasonded with.

I don't know why I keep making that mistake with liberals. I can only assume I'll come across one some day.

Everyone that opposese welfare is a bigot to you, thus you are calling me a racist based only on that.

Fuck you.

I second THAT emotion!!

I hope my wife and 1/2 Puerto Rican kids don't find out what a biggoted racist I am.

I am caught in the act of hanging a black man. As they haul me away, I am called a racist bigot (which, of course, I am). I turn to the person who said that and accuse HIM of being a bigot for being opposed to my viewpoint on how to handle the black race.

Do you see a problem there somewhere?

That's not even apples to oranges. That's apples to cars.

Welfare keeps people poor and is one of the 2 things that just crushes the black community, especially in cities.

Welfare "helps" until you reach a certain income. The moment you cross that level it vanishes and life becomes a struggle just to make bills. Thus causing people to stay in lower paying jobs just to keep the welfare coming, thus keeping them poor generation after generation.

These are undeniable facts.

so

Since you support welfare, you support keeping black people poor and dependant on the government, making YOU the racist.

Jesus H. CHRIST, are you dense. PAY ATTENTION!!!

My remarks about the guy who gets caught hanging a black man are directed ONLY towards you asserting that criticizing someone who opposes welfare is himself bigoted. Opposing welfare is a bigoted postion. Criticizing someone for taking that position is an attemlpt to do away with bibotry - not to promote it.

Someone who opposes bigotry is not bigoted himself. You don't defend bigotry by accusing those who are critical of it of being themselves bigoted.

and THIS is why just being "bigoted" should not be a determining factor in a person's employment. As long as it doesnt interefere with thier job tasks.

That is one of the most convoluted explainations I have ever heard.

People should be punished only for acts, not for thoughts. What you are proposing is basically thoughtcrime. how orwellian.

OK - pay careful attention now. Try to remain focused. Yes, Archie Bunker was a fictional sitcom character. But the character of Archie Bunker is ILLUSTRATIVE of a real life situation. You see, I am BORROWING on a fictional character to DEMONSTRATE a principle.

See how that works?

All in The Family was an attempt to show conservatives as totally ignorant and practically illerate. I never really realized it until I began to watch it after I was grown. I can't even watch it without wanting to throw something at the TV.

Don't tell me you liberals just love everybody, because you don't. There are a lot of people I don't care for of ALL races. I just leave them alone and they leave me alone. They probably don't like me either. I couldn't care less. I just get so sick of hearing how the blacks are still downtrodden, the reason they all aren't brain surgeons or billionaires is because they are forbidden by white people to achieve this. That is such bullshit - nobody stopped Obama from achieving his goals. Nobody gives a shit what race he is. He'd be an idiot if he was purple with pea-green polka dots. Fortunately there are zillions of black people who HAVE made something of themselves and don't believe the "you can't succeed because whites won't let you" crap. If every American would strive to be the best they can be, get educated and make something of themselves, it would be wonderful. I find it interesting that handicapped people contribute more to society that many able bodied people do.

One thing I do agree with on All in the Family is that the character of Mike, his son in law, IS a "meathead - dead from the neck up" - he hit the nail on the head with that one.

Seriously? I've recently watched reruns of All in the Family and discovered that nothing has changed in the last 40 years.

Of course not. You actually think it's a reflection of real life.

oh, and since we are pretending

The liberal kids were living off of the Conservative adults. And you're right, that is a mirror reflection of real life.

The liberal kids were living off of the Conservative adults. And you're right, that is a mirror reflection of real life.

It is actually a reflection of real life. And the talking points, from both sides, haven't changed a bit.

It's pretty fucked to realize that.

It is actually a reflection of real life. And the talking points, from both sides, haven't changed a bit.

actually, it's pretty fucked to realize we've gone backwards from there.

at least back then, we'd talk about it openly

We don't? We talk about it all the time here. How else would I conclude that the talking points haven't changed?

We don't? We talk about it all the time here. How else would I conclude that the talking points haven't changed?

i expressed myself poorly.

a show like AITF wouldn't be made today, i believe.

Of course not. White Christians would be too offended.

We have computers now. We are much better than they were.

I don't recall religion being a topic of discussion.

been awhile though

Me either. In fact Edith couldn't get ARchie to church. It'd be the blacks, Hispanics, and other liberals who would be "offended." Being "offended" at first one thing and then the next is, in my opinion, a liberal phenomenon.

I don't recall religion being a topic of discussion.

been awhile though

Me either. In fact Edith couldn't get ARchie to church. It'd be the blacks, Hispanics, and other liberals who would be "offended." Being "offended" at first one thing and then the next is, in my opinion, a liberal phenomenon.
:eusa_hand:

I just watched the episode the other night about atheism. Old Archie is definitely a white christian, and yeah, they'd melt down these days if anyone portrayed one that way.

Whats all in the family?

Fuck you asshole!

Let me young that up for you

Phuck U asshat!

krist, now I feel all old and stuff. Next thing he'll be asking; "wtf is black and white TV?" "Sounds racist."

I honestly don't know what it is.:confused:

you are sooooo lucky I like you.

It's a 70's sitcom about a family that's lead by a stereotypical conservative. The wife is a stay at home mom. The only child is married and she and her husband live with them. both are very liberal. It spent time addressing many issues of the time, in a funny way.

the sitcom "The Jeffersons" launched from it.

but I swear to all mighty god, if you ask me what "The Jeffersons" are, I will hunt you down and use a drill on your kneecaps. :evil:

Fuck you asshole!

Let me young that up for you

Phuck U asshat!

krist, now I feel all old and stuff. Next thing he'll be asking; "wtf is black and white TV?" "Sounds racist."

It's a 70's sitcom about a family that's lead by a stereotypical conservative. The wife is a stay at home mom. The only child is married and she and her husband live with them. both are very liberal. It spent time addressing many issues of the time, in a funny way.

but I swear to all mighty god, if you ask me what "The Jeffersons" are, I will hunt you down and use a drill on your kneecaps. :evil:

Whats the Jeffersons?:razz:

Whats the Jeffersons?:razz:

jerk :evil:

Forum List

Back