Something puzzling about how obama received so many votes from Black Americans

Perhaps those blacks who voted for Obama solely because Obama is black is what pushed the Dem vote higher.

When Ed Rendell (D, white) was running for mayor of Philly against Lynn Swan (R, black) my parents, both R's who oppose D policies, voted for Rendell ... solely because Swan was black. Yes, those people do exist. Those people are not anywhere near the majority, though.

What percentage of the black vote went to Rendell?

Don't know.

80% for Rendell.

Clinton got low African American turnout because Dole picked up black voters. If you look at the numbers, something like 93% of African Americans voted for someone who wasn't the GOP candidate those years.

True but in the 2008 Democratic primary contest, just before the South Carolina primary, the black vote was split 55% for Obama and 45% for Clinton and Clinton was the heavy favorite for the nomination because she had overwhelming support from the super delegates. Then the Obama campaign sent Jim Clyburn out to call Bill Clinton a racist for mocking Obama's qualifications to be president. Overnight, the black vote changed to 95% Obama and 5% Clinton. Super delegates feared that with black voters responding so strongly to the racist charge against Bill Clinton, if Hillary won the nomination they might not show up at the polls and almost overnight Hillary's support among super delegates moved over to the Obama camp and that's what gave him the nomination. So it's fair to say that if Obama had been white he would never have become president or that if he had not played the race card he would never have become president.

Clinton got low African American turnout because Dole picked up black voters. If you look at the numbers, something like 93% of African Americans voted for someone who wasn't the GOP candidate those years.

OK I am not disagreeing that blacks have voted for Democrats for ages, however why would they vote for obama with 14.1% unemployment and obama giving amnesty to illegal through an executive order.
Those two things should have lost some support.

I have alreadyd said, if you look at polls from areas where minority turnout is high, it's clear that in those areas, minorities felt that the GOP was attempting to suppress the vote.

Would you vote for the man whose party you believe is attempting to discourage you from voting?

Asking for voter ID is voter suppression? Is that your argument? That has always been the most stupid position anyone can take.

Question would a conservative white male vote for a conservative black?
Would a conservative white male vote for a conservative female?

If a conservative white male voter is faced with choosing between another conservative white male politician and a black conservative politician, which one do you think is more likely to get the vote?

We Conservatives were faced with that this year if given the chance I would have supported Allen West. He would have been a better choice than Romney

I presume because West is a better match with your ideals. Given that fact, is it really so implausible to think that blacks voted for the liberal instead of the conservative, because the liberal is a better match for their ideals?

True but in the 2008 Democratic primary contest, just before the South Carolina primary, the black vote was split 55% for Obama and 45% for Clinton and Clinton was the heavy favorite for the nomination because she had overwhelming support from the super delegates. Then the Obama campaign sent Jim Clyburn out to call Bill Clinton a racist for mocking Obama's qualifications to be president. Overnight, the black vote changed to 95% Obama and 5% Clinton. Super delegates feared that with black voters responding so strongly to the racist charge against Bill Clinton, if Hillary won the nomination they might not show up at the polls and almost overnight Hillary's support among super delegates moved over to the Obama camp and that's what gave him the nomination. So it's fair to say that if Obama had been white he would never have become president or that if he had not played the race card he would never have become president.

Bingo I had almost forgot about that.

Don't know, you tell me.

You made the statements, yet you can't back them up? Typical.

People who are unemployed do not get government assistance?

Your statement:

"They support the Dems because the Dems will never agree to cut entitlements, only evil Republicans want to do that. Why in the world would they not vote Dem? They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them ... and gives them free phones, free birth control, free, free, free. They are chained to that 'freedom' and therefore vote for that 'freedom'."

Your use of "They" refers to black Obama supporters. So, again, what percentage of black Obama supporters are "fed" by the government?

OK I am not disagreeing that blacks have voted for Democrats for ages, however why would they vote for obama with 14.1% unemployment and obama giving amnesty to illegal through an executive order.
Those two things should have lost some support.

I have alreadyd said, if you look at polls from areas where minority turnout is high, it's clear that in those areas, minorities felt that the GOP was attempting to suppress the vote.

Would you vote for the man whose party you believe is attempting to discourage you from voting?

Asking for voter ID is voter suppression? Is that your argument? That has always been the most stupid position anyone can take.

I'm not going to take the voter ID bait, because that isn't the issue here. The issue is not whether the GOP actually WAS attempting to suppress the vote, but that minorites felt they were.

If a conservative white male voter is faced with choosing between another conservative white male politician and a black conservative politician, which one do you think is more likely to get the vote?

We Conservatives were faced with that this year if given the chance I would have supported Allen West. He would have been a better choice than Romney

I presume because West is a better match with your ideals. Given that fact, is it really so implausible to think that blacks voted for the liberal instead of the conservative, because the liberal is a better match for their ideals?

Still that isn't addressing the original intent of this thread. With unemployment at 14.1% obama giving amnesty to illegals through executive order with a limited jobs market, for those Americans here in America. obama should have lost support but he didn't.

You didn't find Clinton's comments racist?

I'm not going to take the voter ID bait, because that isn't the issue here. The issue is not whether the GOP actually WAS attempting to suppress the vote, but that minorites felt they were.

That's not bait.That was the whole voter suppression argument voter ID was voter suppression. If a person doesn't have an ID something is wrong with that picture.

Still that isn't addressing the original intent of this thread. With unemployment at 14.1% obama giving amnesty to illegals through executive order with a limited jobs market, for those Americans here in America. obama should have lost support but he didn't.

I told you why. Why do you persist?

You made the statements, yet you can't back them up? Typical.

Your statement:

"They support the Dems because the Dems will never agree to cut entitlements, only evil Republicans want to do that. Why in the world would they not vote Dem? They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them ... and gives them free phones, free birth control, free, free, free. They are chained to that 'freedom' and therefore vote for that 'freedom'."

Your use of "They" refers to black Obama supporters. So, again, what percentage of black Obama supporters are "fed" by the government?

I don't know, certainly those in the 14%+ unemployment.

Historically blacks vote Dem because of Dem policy, not due to the color of the Dem candidate, as bigreb is suggesting. That was the point I was making.

Our two-party system doesn't allow for the perfect candidate. We vote for the presidential candidate who best matches our ideals. Obama's pros outweigh his cons.

I told you why. Why do you persist?

Why must you remain wrong and think you're right?

Our two-party system doesn't allow for the perfect candidate. We vote for the presidential candidate who best matches our ideals. Obama's pros outweigh his cons.

We vote for the presidential candidate who best matches our ideals. Obama's pros outweigh his cons.

That isn't true at least not in this years election. What pro's did obama have that outweigh his ton in a half of cons?

Last edited:

Your statement:

Historically blacks vote Dem because of Dem policy, not due to the color of the Dem candidate, as bigreb is suggesting. That was the point I was making.

No. The point you were making was that blacks vote to get free stuff and to be fed by the government. What percentage of blacks are "fed" by the government?

Your statement:

No. The point you were making was that blacks vote to get free stuff and to be fed by the government. What percentage of blacks are "fed" by the government?
Well if you read through this thread that is what a few people think.

This is an issue that needs to be addressed and not swept under the dirty rug any longer. How did obama get so many Blacks to support him with unemployment for blacks at 14.1% and obama's giving amnesty to so many illegal immigrates adding more people allowed to work in the U.S.?
I'LL SAY IT, IT'S BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. there is no other explanation for it.

Yep. That's why. It's because we are all on the Democratic plantation and white liberals are our masters and if we ever forget it we have millions of Republicans/Conservatives to remind us at every turn.:lol:

Right on the fucking money!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back