Something amazing to me

uh, maybe in the 50's and 60's, but damn, not today

:lol: :lol: :lol: I personally have friends who don't talk to their daughter's about sex so don't tell me not today!

They don't let them watch movies with nudity either but have no problem letting them watch slasher movies. It's a commentary on society when violence has become more acceptable than sex.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I personally have friends who don't talk to their daughter's about sex so don't tell me not today!

They don't let them watch movies with nudity either but have no problem letting them watch slasher movies. It's a commentary on society when violence has become more acceptable than sex.
interesting, are those friends republicans, or democrats?
and what religion(if you know)

Please, sex is way more acceptable than violence. Have you watched a commercial lately? When was the last time you seen violence or sex used in an ad?

You went to public school, didn't you?

I tell you Ninja, your insults just hurt me so bad and they are articulated so well. Quick question - How does it feel to be a fascist Mussolini?

You are a teacher and believe contraception to be 100% foolproof ?? :lol:
What in the hell do you teach, basket weaving ?

Foolproof? :badgrin: Don't you mean full proof? I guess you were busy taking basket weaving?

And no, contraceptives aren't 100%, but they are 99% and thats good enough for millions of people but I guess not for you

interesting, are those friends republicans, or democrats?
and what religion(if you know)

interestingly, I am a staunch Democrat but most of my best friends are Republicans. We just don't talk politics as a rule.

We are all Christian.

How about we start certifying parents before they can have children.

well you need a license to drive a car, that's not necessarily a bad idea given how screwed some would-be parents are :lol:

The only problem with teaching sex education in schools, is this, how far do we go, who's standard is applied?

there is no "standard" to apply. Medical facts are medical facts. Abstinence is the only 100% full proof way to prevent not only pregnancy but also disease. That should be taught first and foremost. In the alternative contraceptive and safe sex choices should be taught as well.

It isn't based on a moral choice or even a religious choice it is based on the fact that children need to be protected and just telling them NO don't do that doesn't protect them.

It isn't based on a moral choice or even a religious choice it is based on the fact that children need to be protected and just telling them NO don't do that doesn't protect them.

But by saying 'You shouldn't have sex until your 18...but I know your going to do it anyway so here's how" aren't you giving children tacit approval.

Isn't that like saying "I don't want you to ever play with matches....but in the event you decide to disobey me, always close the pack before striking."

Or "Don't run with scissors...but if you do, keep them turned out to the side."

Following the logic 'There going to do it anyway', since many inexperienced teenages drivers have a reputation to show-off for their friends, I should take my 15 year old boy to an empty parking lot and say:

"Son, you should always think about safety first when opperating a motor vehicle, but since teen drivers are known to to do irresponsible things to impress there friends, I am going to show you how to do them right. Now, always remember, I NEVER want you to operate your vehicle in an unsafe or reckless manner. We'll begin with the 180 degree burnout....."

Last edited:
But by saying 'You shouldn't have sex until your 18...but I know your going to do it anyway so here's how" aren't you giving children tacit approval.

not at all. I'm saying having sex is an ADULT responsibility. One that isn't to be taken lightly and with that decision there are risks involved. Here is how to protect yourself from those risks should you, having a free will and mind of your own, decide to go ahead and have sex depsite the reasons I've given not to. Giving all the information and then allowing someone to decide for themselves should be exactly what the conservatives talk about. it's all about personal responsibility and lack of interference right?

Children especially need to be given ALL the accurate information so that when they take personal responsibility and decide for themselve they aren't doing it out of ignorance and misinformation.

Isn't that like saying "I don't want you to ever play with matches....but in the event you decide to disobey me, always close the pack before striking."

Or "Don't run with scissors...but if you do, keep them turned out to the side."

what a stupid anaolgy. You can explain why playing with matches is dangerous or why running with scissors can hurt you and more times than not people will be like "oh, I don't ever NEED to play with matches and I don't ever NEED to run with scissors" but sex is a natural and BIOLOGICAL desire that ALL human beings have.

and asking anyone, let a lone a teenager whose feelings are just awakening, to not have sex, is like putting a drink in front of an alcoholic and saying you can smell it but don't dare drink it.

Following the logic 'There going to do it anyway', since many inexperienced teenages drivers have a reputation to show-off for thier friends, I should take my boy to an empty parking lot and say:

"Son, you should always think about safety first when opperating a motor vehicle, but since teen drivers are known to to do irresponsible thing to impress there friends, I am going to show you how to do them right. Now, always remember, I NEVER want you to operate your vehicle in an unsafe or reckless manner. We'll begin with the 180 degree burnout....."

so you don't believe in offering them safe and responsible information on how to protect themselves? Good luck with that. I hope you never have a child contract a disease. oh and I don't think the liberals are the ones saying they are "gonna do it anyway" I think we're the ones saying that statistic show teenagers have sex, ignoring that doesn't make it go away so why not do all we can to PROTECT THEM? crazy idea huh?

what a stupid anaolgy. You can explain why playing with matches is dangerous or why running with scissors can hurt you and more times than not people will be like "oh, I don't ever NEED to play with matches and I don't ever NEED to run with scissors" but sex is a natural and BIOLOGICAL desire that ALL human beings have.

I can explain why having sex is dangerous.

In you own words sex is a desire, not a need.

Playing with matches is also a desire.

Showing off and being cool is a desire.

Following the logic 'There going to do it anyway', since many inexperienced teenages drivers have a reputation to show-off for their friends, I should take my 15 year old boy to an empty parking lot and say:

"Son, you should always think about safety first when opperating a motor vehicle, but since teen drivers are known to to do irresponsible things to impress there friends, I am going to show you how to do them right. Now, always remember, I NEVER want you to operate your vehicle in an unsafe or reckless manner. We'll begin with the 180 degree burnout....."

So should I be showing my boy the nifty reverse to drive 180 spin or not?

;

Last edited:
Liberals and moderates believe that teenagers should be discouraged from having sexual intercourse. But liberals and moderates also believe in being totally open and honest about sex, by giving teenagers knowlege and facts that will protect them, including contraceptive choice and sexual responsibility.

Rightwingers believe in just teaching "abstinence only". Just say no to sex. This is Palin's view

That facts show in every non-partisan study done, that the Liberal way is more effective at protecting kids.

No, it does not. Every non-partisan study done shows that teaching BOTH is more effective than teaching just one or the other.

THe liberal concept of giving them permission at a young age to abuse their bodies, then denying their parents access to any part of the decision making process when it comes to abortion, and refusing to require or even request that children getting abortions NAME THE FATHERS of the children they are aborting, is at best hypocritical, and at worst, criminal.

It's either illegal for them to have underage sex or it isn't. If it's illegal, then their parents should be notified and an attempt be made to find the fathers. If it's not illegal, then girls have the right to get married at 13 and have children. If it IS illegal, then girls have the right to get pregnant, have children, and refuse to name the daddies.

Make up your fucking minds.

No, it does not. Every non-partisan study done shows that teaching BOTH is more effective than teaching just one or the other.

THe liberal concept of giving them permission at a young age to abuse their bodies, then denying their parents access to any part of the decision making process when it comes to abortion, and refusing to require or even request that children getting abortions NAME THE FATHERS of the children they are aborting, is at best hypocritical, and at worst, criminal.

It's either illegal for them to have underage sex or it isn't. If it's illegal, then their parents should be notified and an attempt be made to find the fathers. If it's not illegal, then girls have the right to get married at 13 and have children. If it IS illegal, then girls have the right to get pregnant, have children, and refuse to name the daddies.

Make up your fucking minds.
Is there actually a law that says underage sex is illegal?

It's called statutory rape, nitwit. We've been through this before, with the laws of every state pertaining to it linked and written out ad nauseum.

We've also been over the fact that although abortion clinics refuse to keep or provide any sort of reliable records on numbers or statistics about their "clients" most girls getting abortions state the fathers are much older.

We've been over this before.

It's called statutory rape, nitwit. We've been through this before, with the laws of every state pertaining to it linked and written out ad nauseum.

We've also been over the fact that although abortion clinics refuse to keep or provide any sort of reliable records on numbers or statistics about their "clients" most girls getting abortions state the fathers are much older.

We've been over this before.
Oh, you are talking about when one of the parties is below the age of consent, but not the other. That's quite a bit different than what you've been posting.

Oh, you are talking about when one of the parties is below the age of consent, but not the other. That's quite a bit different than what you've been posting.
if they are below the age of consent, they can not consent to having sex, thus it is illegal

if they are below the age of consent, they can not consent to having sex, thus it is illegal
I thought it only applied if one person was above the age of consent and the other wasn't. I've never heard of anyone underage being charged with a sex crime for a consensual relationship.

I thought it only applied if one person was above the age of consent and the other wasn't. I've never heard of anyone underage being charged with a sex crime for a consensual relationship.
just because no one is charged for it anymore(they HAVE in the past) doesnt mean its not still on the books

Forum List

Back