Some Jokes Write Themselves: Dubya to Start a Think Tank to Oppose Big Gubmint

"Some Jokes Write Themselves: Dubya to Start a Think Tank to Oppose Big Gubmint "

I'm not sure which joke is more ironic...

Dubya Opposing Big Gubmint

or

Dubya Starting a "Think Tank"

George_Bush.jpg
Hey, back off!

Chimp just finished his first book!

And he plans to soon read another!

Obama reads books???

No....Really...I'm seriously.

Former President George W. Bush, outlining plans for a new public policy institute, on Thursday said America must fight the temptation to allow the federal government to take control of the private sector, declaring that too much government intervention will squelch economic recovery and expansion.

With the Obama administration establishing far-reaching controls in the auto, real estate and financial sectors, Mr. Bush said that "the role of government is not to create wealth, but to create the conditions that allow entrepreneurs and innovators to thrive."

Bush warns of threats to freedom, economic growth - Washington Times

Where was this asshole between the years of 2001 & 2009?

That's an easy one. Bush and the Republicans were trashing every rule and regulation that protects us from the predators who work on Wall Street.

Worse, they were masterminding tax breaks for the rich and working with energy companies and other companies for the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 3% in the history of the world.

It worked beyond their wildest dreams.

The Republicans are trying to make sure the health care companies finish the job and squeeze that last dime out of the golden goose.

Former President George W. Bush, outlining plans for a new public policy institute, on Thursday said America must fight the temptation to allow the federal government to take control of the private sector, declaring that too much government intervention will squelch economic recovery and expansion.

With the Obama administration establishing far-reaching controls in the auto, real estate and financial sectors, Mr. Bush said that "the role of government is not to create wealth, but to create the conditions that allow entrepreneurs and innovators to thrive."

That's an easy one. Bush and the Republicans were trashing every rule and regulation that protects us from the predators who work on Wall Street.

Worse, they were masterminding tax breaks for the rich and working with energy companies and other companies for the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 3% in the history of the world.

It worked beyond their wildest dreams.

The Republicans are trying to make sure the health care companies finish the job and squeeze that last dime out of the golden goose.
Leave it to a foaming-at-the-mouth lib barking moonbat to gloss right over the irony and go straight for the cliche bitch-a-thon. :rofl:

"Some Jokes Write Themselves: Dubya to Start a Think Tank to Oppose Big Gubmint "

I'm not sure which joke is more ironic...

Dubya Opposing Big Gubmint

or

Dubya Starting a "Think Tank"

George_Bush.jpg
Hey, back off!

Obama reads books???

And writes them. They are called "best sellers" and he wrote them himself. What a smart President we have!

If GW had even an inkling of big Gov thinking he would have never agreed with the TARP.

He gets no pass of a possibility of having a Epiphany.

I'm not throwing rocks at either one yet. But if Obama keeps going like he has so far, we'll be looking back at the Bush years as "the good ol' days", when America was prosperous. I didn't like what Bush did to the US economy moving so many factories overseas, but Obama may be magnitudes worse.

I find it hrd to believe that most Americans think the President sits at his desk and says to industry "OK. Move the factories overseas now."

C'mon...seriously...no matter how much the libs want it...the President isn't a dictator.

I'm not throwing rocks at either one yet. But if Obama keeps going like he has so far, we'll be looking back at the Bush years as "the good ol' days", when America was prosperous. I didn't like what Bush did to the US economy moving so many factories overseas, but Obama may be magnitudes worse.

I'm sorry, someone else may have interjected but I'm late on scene. Bush moved factories overseas? I mean I think he wasn't much good at his job but I don't think he did that.

Last edited:
Hey, back off!

Obama reads books???

And writes them. They are called "best sellers" and he wrote them himself. What a smart President we have!

Did he really write them? Okaaaaayy. Whatever you want to believe is fine.

When did they become 'best sellers' exactly?

If being able to write a book makes one smart. Glenn Beck must be a genius, because he's written several - and each of them has been a 'best seller'. In fact, most of them take the top spot on the NY Times Book List. I find that very funny - must seriously piss off the Times!

If the POTUS is so smart, why no sign of his academic record?

I seriously wonder what connection Bush spending historic amounts of money has to do with big government.

Bush did not govern, his administration was corrupt and he got his congress to approve lots of spending in Iraq but that is not promoting big government. They were corrupt as hell and lining their own pockets.

I could have respected big government that would have helped the American economy, environment and education. What he was doing was neglecting all that and only serving his own interests.

I find it hrd to believe that most Americans think the President sits at his desk and says to industry "OK. Move the factories overseas now."

C'mon...seriously...no matter how much the libs want it...the President isn't a dictator.

What does that have to do with Bush thinking?

Forum List

Back