Obama promises public support if troops sent off

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Obama promises public support if troops sent off - Yahoo! News
Snip,
Nearing a decision on sending more troops off to war, President Barack Obama told a military audience Thursday that he will not dispatch them into conflict without proper support — including the backing of the American people.

"That is a promise that I make to you," Obama told more than 1,000 troops and their families gathered at a hangar here, as the president stopped briefly for refueling en route to a four-country trip to Asia.

Really?
Can he make that promise? Is every American all of the sudden going to support sending more troops into conflict?

wow" every " , now that is a grasping at straws, it has never happened and never will, "proper supprot" is one hell of a long way from every

BTW, I like he is taking a good hard look at the situation after 7 years of Bush's neglect, ask the Russians , they learned, much too late

time lapse, sorry, looking for a response and it wasn't there when I clicked the button! LOL

BTW, I like he is taking a good hard look at the situation after 7 years of Bush's neglect, ask the Russians , they learned, much too late

He has no clue what he plans on doing but he's going to guarantee the support of the American people IF he sends them?

WOW what a guy !

ah go fuck yourself, you never had a phone call a$$wipe, so I hit the button witthout looking again, but then again you blew your fucking argument out of the water when you posted "every' in your first fucking post , right a$$wipe

ah go fuck yourself, you never had a phone call a$$wipe, so I hit the button witthout looking again, but then again you blew your fucking argument out of the water when you posted "every' in your first fucking post , right a$$wipe

Still not addressing the point, are you?
Go ahead, keep focusing on that one word (you know, the one I already backed off on), ignore the point. Could you be more intellectually dishonest? (rhetorical question)

and your question was what? he knows people are listening, but his idea of support and yours "every" are not on the same page , now there is a big fucking surprise, not

and your question was what? he knows people are listening, but his idea of support and yours "every" are not on the same page , now there is a big fucking surprise, not

Still not addressing the point, are you?
Go ahead, keep focusing on that one word (you know, the one I already backed off on), ignore the point. Could you be more intellectually dishonest? (rhetorical question)

And I'm the asswipe? :cuckoo:

oh I read and reread it, and your point is what? proper support vs every, now where did I go wrong

I suppose most others didn't read the article and see what he said. The man is looking for an out in Afghanistan and he is looking to blame it on the lack of support from the people. That way if Al Queada or any other group starts training there again it's not his fault but ours.

This man does not have the Guts or the Intelligence to be the Commander in Chief.

Scary, very scary.

I suppose most others didn't read the article and see what he said. The man is looking for an out in Afghanistan and he is looking to blame it on the lack of support from the people. That way if Al Queada or any other group starts training there again it's not his fault but ours.

This man does not have the Guts or the Intelligence to be the Commander in Chief.

Scary, very scary.

I disagree. The Oval Office used properly is probably the world's best bully pulpit. I hope Obama gets us out of that worthless hell hole, but if he does send more troops he'd darn well better throw the weight of the WH behind his decision.

Forum List

Back