So. Who is going to celebrate Easter?

Yes, I plan to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and the eternal salvation of mankind through his willing sacrifice.

And yes, being a part of the world I will also participate in egg coloring, because that's a spring time tradition that is fun.

I don't see the problem.

If you do this outside of Indiana, you may be subject to arrest, imprisonment, and fines.......

Yes, I plan to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and the eternal salvation of mankind through his willing sacrifice.

And yes, being a part of the world I will also participate in egg coloring, because that's a spring time tradition that is fun.

I don't see the problem.

If you do this outside of Indiana, you may be subject to arrest, imprisonment, and fines.......
Unless your local grocery store is owned by a Muslim who hates Easter. Then you'll have to go somewhere else for eggs. :cool:

I don't see the problem.
It isn't a problem. I just find it humorous that excuses can be made for pagan rituals by christians that tout out the Book when it suits their purposes yet proudly wear that big H on their foreheads while doing it. :lol:

I don't see the problem.
It isn't a problem. I just find it humorous that excuses can be made for pagan rituals by christians that tout out the Book when it suits their purposes yet proudly wear that big H on their foreheads while doing it. :lol:

I don't see it as hypocritical at all. The fact that you think it is says more about the restrictions you seek to put on Christians than vice versa.

You in SF, Boedicca? It's HOT here. Yesterday and today, 85 degrees. I sleep with the bedroom door open to the garden so I can listen to the foghorn though there is no fog..but I can hear the surf. Very nice nights, too. I'm loving it. But I sure wish it would rain.

I don't see the problem.

I don't see it as hypocritical at all. The fact that you think it is says more about the restrictions you seek to put on Christians than vice versa.
Mountain-molehill. I don't give a damn either way. Until someone tries to thump me on the head with a bible while carrying an easter bunny basket. :lol:

I'm amused by the insecure simpletons that have nothing better to do than attempt to mock Christians at every opportunity. must be a sad existence being so insecure, intolerant and full of hate.

Actually in every encyclopedia( facts of history) it clearly shows both Easter and Christmas have pagan additives.
Pagan additives come straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) God says one cannot partake off both tables--that means Jesus would have 0 to do with Easter or Christmas--- they are a misleading illusion to deceive--it has been going on for centuries-- by these fake christian religions( Mark 3:24-26)2Thess 2:3

When we were more an agricultural community, spring time produced eggs, chicks, ducklings, and bunnies.
interesting...on the farm I grew up in we had eggs and chicks and bunnies all year long......

Interesting. In this area the only time I see baby bunnies, chicks, ducklings, goslings, poults is in the spring. Of course, the poults (that survive) follow the mother for their first year. Maybe its because it is wildlife, not farm life?

I don't see the problem.

Mountain-molehill. I don't give a damn either way. Until someone tries to thump me on the head with a bible while carrying an easter bunny basket. :lol:
Then why the thread?

The symbolism you speak of, in regards to Easter and Christmas alike, is meant to be inclusive.
I'm truly sorry if inclusion is contrary to your view of Christianity

I don't see the problem.

Then why the thread?

The symbolism you speak of, in regards to Easter and Christmas alike, is meant to be inclusive.
Why not the thread? This is a message board. Discussion. Topics. Chitchat. Jabbering. Visiting. Socializing. I just wondered how many Christians ignore the fact that Easter and bunnies laying colored eggs in baskets for kids to find are two separate things. Jesus on one hand..pagan on the other. The two can be separate but still mesh....until a christian that is close minded starts thumping. Not all do that. Not saying they do.
Sigh. It was just convo. Thats it. Dayum.

Your bigotry and misconceptions are so tangled it's hard to even address it, Gracie. You make assumptions that aren't valid about Christians, then attack them if they don't adhere to your idea of what you think being Christian is all about.

I'm a Christian, and my kids hunt Easter eggs for fun. Our CHURCH hosts egg hunts. It doesn't mean we're worshipping pagan gods any more than Madonna wearing a crucifix means she's a nun.

Your bigotry and misconceptions are so tangled it's hard to even address it, Gracie. You make assumptions that aren't valid about Christians, then attack them if they don't adhere to your idea of what you think being Christian is all about.

I'm a Christian, and my kids hunt Easter eggs for fun. Our CHURCH hosts egg hunts. It doesn't mean we're worshipping pagan gods any more than Madonna wearing a crucifix means she's a nun.
It flew over yer head.
It's hard to address it because it flies in the face of your supposed beliefs and sticking to those beliefs means yer kids can't have fun hunting eggs laid by a rabbit so if you keep yer head buried in the sand..its all good. Right? Right.
I am not attacking christians. I am one myself. But I am open minded enough to know I am not a "true" christian, make lots of mistakes, and have my own head buried in the sand on some things. And I never stated anyone was worshipping pagan gods. I said Easter is a pagan holiday. Show me where I said otherwise. You can't, because I didn't. Does that make you a bigot to state something you THINK I insinuated?
Like I said....it's too deep for you. And, you don't want to give up your "fun stuff". Wear that H proudly. I know I do as well from time to time. Difference is...I admit it. You refuse to.

When we were more an agricultural community, spring time produced eggs, chicks, ducklings, and bunnies.
interesting...on the farm I grew up in we had eggs and chicks and bunnies all year long......

Interesting. In this area the only time I see baby bunnies, chicks, ducklings, goslings, poults is in the spring. Of course, the poults (that survive) follow the mother for their first year. Maybe its because it is wildlife, not farm life?
did you think rabbits got their reputation by only having one litter a year?.........and chickens lay eggs every other day, sometimes more.......they could hatch as many as 180 chicks a year......

I learned something interesting while double checking this....
"One way to tell what color egg a chicken will lay is to look at her earlobe! A hen with a white earlobe will always lay white eggs, whereas hens with red earlobes can lay brown, blue or green eggs."

as in, this chicken will lay brown, blue or green eggs...
Studio_GldnSbrightCk_363_M.jpg

this one will lay white eggs....
rosecomb-bantam-hen.jpg

Last edited:

I don't see the problem.

Then why the thread?

Why not the thread? This is a message board. Discussion. Topics. Chitchat. Jabbering. Visiting. Socializing. I just wondered how many Christians ignore the fact that Easter and bunnies laying colored eggs in baskets for kids to find are two separate things. Jesus on one hand..pagan on the other. The two can be separate but still mesh....until a christian that is close minded starts thumping. Not all do that. Not saying they do.
Sigh. It was just convo. Thats it. Dayum.
If that's all it was meant to be, I apologize.
One gets tired of the constant barrage from atheists for our beliefs.

I was once, and I'm sure there are others like me out there, a young blinded follower that didn't know the why's and who's and how's of our Christian holidays (holy days).
My hope (prayer) is that this discussion can be a learning experience for them.

We can do that without the condescension, though.

did you think rabbits got their reputation by only having one litter a year?.........and chickens lay eggs every other day, sometimes more.......they could hatch as many as 180 chicks a year......

I learned something interesting while double checking this....
"One way to tell what color egg a chicken will lay is to look at her earlobe! A hen with a white earlobe will always lay white eggs, whereas hens with red earlobes can lay brown, blue or green eggs."

as in, this chicken will lay brown, blue or green eggs...
Studio_GldnSbrightCk_363_M.jpg

this one will lay white eggs....
rosecomb-bantam-hen.jpg
I thought it had to do with the amount of scratch in their feed

Forum List

Back