So. Who is going to celebrate Easter?

Meanwhile, I went to the local christian thrift shop today. The folks running it were all excited about this coming sunday and the easter egg hunt. For once, I kept my mouth shut, but I smiled a lot and once in awhile shook my head. :lol:

Good for you.

Meanwhile, remember..you aren't the authority on what is *acceptable* celebration for Christians. Kids like to hunt eggs, and we aren't compelled to abstain just because you can't wrap your tiny brain around the fact that Christians can partake of egg hunts without rejecting Christ.
I'm so glad your head in the sand syndrome can't understand what I am saying. But you go ahead and do whatever tickles yer ear and I will do the same.

I understand what you're saying just fine.

You're saying that you feel smug because in your narrow world, Christians who allow their kids to hunt Easter eggs are somehow stupid, or don't know where the origin of Easter egg hunts comes from, or are somehow being unfaithful to their Christian roots.

It's patently stupid of you, and wrong besides. I know, undoubtedly better than you, where the traditions spring from. I embrace the tradition. It doesn't mean I'm not a Christian. It means I appreciate the history and don't see a conflict, because the only conflict is the one that's imagined by people who obviously don't have a good understanding of either of the traditions.
Well, you sure told me! :lol:
No need to keep 'splaining yourself although you seem you really hafta. Do whatever floats yer boat.

Meanwhile, I went to the local christian thrift shop today. The folks running it were all excited about this coming sunday and the easter egg hunt. For once, I kept my mouth shut, but I smiled a lot and once in awhile shook my head. :lol:

Good for you.

Meanwhile, remember..you aren't the authority on what is *acceptable* celebration for Christians. Kids like to hunt eggs, and we aren't compelled to abstain just because you can't wrap your tiny brain around the fact that Christians can partake of egg hunts without rejecting Christ.
I'm so glad your head in the sand syndrome can't understand what I am saying. But you go ahead and do whatever tickles yer ear and I will do the same.

You're saying that you feel smug because in your narrow world, Christians who allow their kids to hunt Easter eggs are somehow stupid, or don't know where the origin of Easter egg hunts comes from, or are somehow being unfaithful to their Christian roots.

It's patently stupid of you, and wrong besides. I know, undoubtedly better than you, where the traditions spring from. I embrace the tradition. It doesn't mean I'm not a Christian. It means I appreciate the history and don't see a conflict, because the only conflict is the one that's imagined by people who obviously don't have a good understanding of either of the traditions.
No need to keep 'splaining yourself although you seem you really hafta. Do whatever floats yer boat.

Your op, and your later assertions, imply that you wanted to *discuss*. So I am *discussing*. Would you rather not hear it? My guess is you only want to *discuss* if the discussion supports your narrow minded and ill-conceived notions.

Your bigotry and misconceptions are so tangled it's hard to even address it, Gracie. You make assumptions that aren't valid about Christians, then attack them if they don't adhere to your idea of what you think being Christian is all about.

I'm a Christian, and my kids hunt Easter eggs for fun. Our CHURCH hosts egg hunts. It doesn't mean we're worshipping pagan gods any more than Madonna wearing a crucifix means she's a nun.
It flew over yer head.
It's hard to address it because it flies in the face of your supposed beliefs and sticking to those beliefs means yer kids can't have fun hunting eggs laid by a rabbit so if you keep yer head buried in the sand..its all good. Right? Right.
I am not attacking christians. I am one myself. But I am open minded enough to know I am not a "true" christian, make lots of mistakes, and have my own head buried in the sand on some things. And I never stated anyone was worshipping pagan gods. I said Easter is a pagan holiday. Show me where I said otherwise. You can't, because I didn't. Does that make you a bigot to state something you THINK I insinuated?
Like I said....it's too deep for you. And, you don't want to give up your "fun stuff". Wear that H proudly. I know I do as well from time to time. Difference is...I admit it. You refuse to.

Easter is a Christian holiday celebrating the rise of Christ from the cross, and that is what Christians celebrate. You're just another Christian hating ignorant idiot that's an attention whore who spews hatred at those you envy in order to get a reaction. Same shit, different day.
lol. Got ya all riled up, did I?

Truth hurts, sparky.

You wouldn't know 'truth' if it came up to you, smacked you in the face, and pushed you to the ground on your ass.

I noticed you didn't answer any of the questions I put to you? Too difficult? Shall I ask them again?

Yep, still spouting off without explaining how an egg hunt is against any Christian doctrine or how it makes anyone hypocritical. You do have an explanation, right??? lol

Good for you.

She's a loon, she'll never explain what thought process or logic is behind her assinine comments. Because she can't.

Good for you.

Keep showing everyone what a troll you are, you're doing an excellent job so far. lol

Good for you.

She's a loon, she'll never explain what thought process or logic is behind her assinine comments. Because she can't.

I know but I've seen Gracie learn some tough lessons on here and so..hope springs eternal.

I'm amused by the insecure simpletons that have nothing better to do than attempt to mock Christians at every opportunity. must be a sad existence being so insecure, intolerant and full of hate.
Flaming Christians on the most important and relevant day of the Christian Holy Day, is typical and for those who believe in Karma. I am sure they know she is a bitch.

Why do people feel the need to bash and mock that which they know nothing about?

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. Matthew 10:22

Easter is my most beloved Holiday. I will celebrate the way I always do. With reverence and a grateful heart

I'm amused by the insecure simpletons that have nothing better to do than attempt to mock Christians at every opportunity. must be a sad existence being so insecure, intolerant and full of hate.
Flaming Christians on the most important and relevant day of the Christian Holy Day, is typical and for those who believe in Karma. I am sure they know she is a bitch.

Why do people feel the need to bash and mock that which they know nothing about?

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. Matthew 10:22

And to do it in such a superior, smug and snotty way!

I am a Sumero-Abrahamic pagan of my own design, so whether or not Easter is being celebrated in a pagan or a Christian manner by those around me really does not matter at all. If I am not already doing my own thing, I can roll with the culture either way and it still applies to my own spiritual/ religious system.

Wanna celebrate a Savior? Lets celebrate a Savior. Jesus, Marduk, whoever. Wanna celebrate a Heavenly Father? Lets celebrate a Heavenly Father. YHWH, Anu, whoever. Wanna celebrate a resurrection? Lets celebrate a resurrection. Christian or Sumerian, don't matter. Jesus, Inanna/ Ishtar, whoever. Into sex and fertility rituals? Lets do that instead. Wanna celebrate a magical rabbit and play with eggs? Ummm.... kinda silly.... not as serious as human sacrifice or KATABASIS, or as erotic as springtime orgies, but whatever's clever...

And despite its pagan origins, there is nothing hypocritical about Christians celebrating Easter. I mean sure, they like to talk mad shit about pagans, but Christians have evolved the holiday for their own uses in a way that is relevant to their own religion. Nothing wrong with that.

Easter still got nothin' on Samhain though...

..and maybe if you stopped throwing rotten eggs:tongue: you'd find out the Resurrection of Christ overcame the world.
I still like the bunnies and a good Easter dinner... and I always buy peeps because they are cute...cant believe people really eat those things. lol

Omg I know people who roast peeps over a fire!

Seems dangerous to me.

food-5.jpg

smore.jpg

Easter is a stupid holiday if you aren't a child. :lol:

(sniff) What's wrong with Easter? I like Easter candy! Is there more to it? :)

me too----easter was my fave holiday as a kid-----for all my friends in cyberspace----when divving up a giant chocolate
rabbis----ALWAYS ask for the legs----the head is hollow---the ears are hollow----the body is hollow----but the legs are THE MOST SOLID CHOCOLATE PART of the bunny

On Easter, we sacrifice Bunnies to the Chocolate God.

3423038838_75a3ea55e9.jpg

Good for you.

Your op, and your later assertions, imply that you wanted to *discuss*. So I am *discussing*. Would you rather not hear it? My guess is you only want to *discuss* if the discussion supports your narrow minded and ill-conceived notions.
The problem is..when you "discuss" you aren't really discussing. Well, you are, but then you toss in a few specks of spittle that lands on my face. It's very unpleasant.

Meanwhile...have a happy easter, hope your girls find lots of candy filled eggs and it's WARM so all can enjoy the day.

Now I want a chocolate easter bunny. :(

But..no can do. I MIGHT be able to get away with easter egg malted balls though.

Good for you.

The problem is..when you "discuss" you aren't really discussing. Well, you are, but then you toss in a few specks of spittle that lands on my face. It's very unpleasant.

Meanwhile...have a happy easter, hope your girls find lots of candy filled eggs and it's WARM so all can enjoy the day.

Of course I discuss.

But I don't abide nonsense. And it's nonsense to look down your nose at Christians, while at the same time dictating what constitutes *proper* Christian behavior, while admitting you aren't Christian and really have no authority to back up the tripe you're pedaling.

Of course I discuss.

But I don't abide nonsense. And it's nonsense to look down your nose at Christians, while at the same time dictating what constitutes *proper* Christian behavior, while admitting you aren't Christian and really have no authority to back up the tripe you're pedaling.
I didn't say I was not Christian. I said I am. Sorta. Read, KG. READ. I am part pantheist, part pagan, part christian. In short....it's a weird path I am on. I explore many things...but while exploring, I drag the Christian God and Jesus along with me cuz I ain't leaving either behind.
How do I explain this? I can't. I just see God in everything. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowers. Bees. I hear God in everything. Trees. Rocks. Grass. Flowers. Bees, etc. He is everywhere, and He goes WITH ME when I trail off unto another path.

Anyway....not in the mood to fight today, so..have a nice easter.

Forum List

Back