So. Who is going to celebrate Easter?

lol. Of course christians will celebrate easter and say it's due to the resurrection of Christ. But we don't know if that is truly the day any more than we know dec 25th was when he was born.

actually it isn't that hard to identify the first Sunday after Passover......

lol. Of course christians will celebrate easter and say it's due to the resurrection of Christ. But we don't know if that is truly the day any more than we know dec 25th was when he was born.

Yeah. The spooks and spirits descending from the netherworld to cause the slaughtering of livestock is really a hoot.

There are less messy ways to make ritual sacrifice to the gawds.

Yeah. The spooks and spirits descending from the netherworld to cause the slaughtering of livestock is really a hoot.

On the contrary, there is absolutely nothing like a good old fashioned culling.

On the contrary, there is absolutely nothing like a good old fashioned culling.

Hell yes. We cull bad bulls from the herd. Why should humanity be any different?

your ignorant mockery of Jewish holidays makes no difference to the calculation of the dates of their occurrence......

Yes, I plan to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and the eternal salvation of mankind through his willing sacrifice.

And yes, being a part of the world I will also participate in egg coloring, because that's a spring time tradition that is fun.

I don't see the problem.

your ignorant mockery of Jewish holidays makes no difference to the calculation of the dates of their occurrence......
Your ignorant fears and superstitions don't justify your promotion of those fears and superstitions.

It's pretty obvious that some of these people aren't very bright, and quite narrow minded... lol

I always liked the extended family get togethers on Easter but I always wondered about the eggs and bunnies and how they fit in. Not that I didn't enjoy them!

I always liked the extended family get togethers on Easter but I always wondered about the eggs and bunnies and how they fit in. Not that I didn't enjoy them!

A logical answer is for the same reason we see holly berries and pine as decorations in December. It is what is on hand. When we were more an agricultural community, spring time produced eggs, chicks, ducklings, and bunnies. Blame artists and decorators for seasonal themes! Everyone else is just celebrating an event that means something to them, using what is handy.

This is a rather long video, but it's a good explanation of the Pagan roots of most Holidays.

Presented by a former Satanist no less!

It's pagan, ya know. I am amused when churches have Sunday services complete with easter egg hunts. :lol:

We are certainly going to be celebrating the festival of Eostre!

Forum List

Back