So this is one of the benefits of marriage for a man besides SEX?

The best part?
Not having to do laundry.

My husband does the laundry, although I sort it and tell him exactly what settings to use and how much soap. Lifting baskets of clothing is difficult for me since I began developing arthritis in my hands and wrists.

I dont mind the laundry so much as the folding and hanging.
But than I do the majority of the cooking.

I LOATHE having to fold, hang, and put away laundry.

I still do the majority of it, because I hate the way my husband folds clothes. He folds his own, because he doesn't like my way of doing it. The boys are utterly hopeless, although I still make them at least TRY to help me, because they have to get the hang of it sometime.

I do the majority of the cooking because I'm better at it, and I enjoy it. The rule in my house, though, is if you criticize the way I make something, YOU get to make it forever after. I haven't made spaghetti in years, because my husband made the mistake of telling me he thought it could be done better "this way". It was the last criticism of the food he ever uttered. Never let it be said that he doesn't learn fast.

I will also say that my husband has always been wonderful about taking over chores that I can't do for one reason or another. He insisted on taking over laundry the first time he saw me pick up a full basket and wince because it hurt my hands. He insists on doing the deep cleaning of the toilets, because he can put a lot more elbow grease into scrubbing with the pumice stone than I can (although I still do the lighter regular cleanings). During my pregnancies, he wouldn't even let me in the same room with the kitty's litter pan. He makes our bed every day, because he doesn't like me tormenting him about how he's a "sheet yoinker".

The best part?

What planet do you live on?

Dont matter.
If we lived on Mars she'd still do the laundry.

Would be hard for you to get a wife now.

How old are you, anyway?

You are aware it isn’t 1950 anymore, right?

You are aware that there are still women who don't think marriage should be a competition, right?

How is not wanting to be properly a”competition”? That’s kind of weird.

Whats this properly competition you speak of?
We've been married for 28 years come July and both of us are very happy.

The best part?

My husband does the laundry, although I sort it and tell him exactly what settings to use and how much soap. Lifting baskets of clothing is difficult for me since I began developing arthritis in my hands and wrists.

I dont mind the laundry so much as the folding and hanging.
But than I do the majority of the cooking.

Are you laughing at my Wife because she cant cook worth a shit?

What planet do you live on?

Dont matter.

How old are you, anyway?

You are aware that there are still women who don't think marriage should be a competition, right?

Viewing any expectation that you will take responsibility for "women's work" - aka shit that needs to get done - as "being property" is a competition.

You do the laundry because people need clean clothes, and/or because you know how you want your clothes cared for. You wash the dishes because what are you supposed to eat off of otherwise. You clean the house because who wants to live in a messy dump.

Can't even imagine being a man and having to live with a woman who has to make every aspect of daily life into an "empowerment" battle.

Thank You!
We have almost a 28 year system that works for us.
I'm the better cook and she's my Sous chef. We do it together along with the dishes.
When it comes to laundry she does it. When it comes to home repair I do it.
That feminist want to make a competition out of it makes me sick.

My friend posted a picture of himself on facebook with a nice shirt on and I wanted to know where did his clothes shopping. He said his wife does his clothes shopping??

This can't be the case for all married men

Wait a second you asked a guy where he got his shirt from?

You ghey..

My friend posted a picture of himself on facebook with a nice shirt on and I wanted to know where did his clothes shopping. He said his wife does his clothes shopping??

You ghey..

Funny you mention that.....
I was in Best Buy the other day with a warranty issue and this dude was wearing some kick ass camo shorts!!!
I couldnt bring myself to ask him where he got em since I'm homophobic.
I did however find them after a two hour Google search.

Dont matter.

How old are you, anyway?

Viewing any expectation that you will take responsibility for "women's work" - aka shit that needs to get done - as "being property" is a competition.

You do the laundry because people need clean clothes, and/or because you know how you want your clothes cared for. You wash the dishes because what are you supposed to eat off of otherwise. You clean the house because who wants to live in a messy dump.

Can't even imagine being a man and having to live with a woman who has to make every aspect of daily life into an "empowerment" battle.

Thank You!
I'm the better cook and she's my Sous chef. We do it together along with the dishes.

I wouldn't even BEGIN to know where to do home repair and maintenance. I have zero facility with such things. On the other hand, I can repair damaged clothes and whip up a Halloween costume for a kid in no time. Basically, if it's artistic, it's mine; if it's mechanical/electronic, it's Joe's.

Mostly, the kids do the dishes. Whichever adult wasn't responsible for dinner that night gets to be responsible for supervising the kids as they clean up.

If I want the carpets vacuumed or the floor mopped, Joe and the boys are happy to do it. If I want it deep-cleaned, I do it myself, because I'm better at it.

I sneak out of the house to do the grocery shopping on my own, because I hate taking him to stores with me. He drives me batshit.

Dont matter.

How old are you, anyway?

Thank You!

No competition. And this isn’t what you started off saying. S’matter? You realized you sounded silly?

How old are you, anyway?

Thank You!

I wouldn't even BEGIN to know where to do home repair and maintenance. I have zero facility with such things. On the other hand, I can repair damaged clothes and whip up a Halloween costume for a kid in no time. Basically, if it's artistic, it's mine; if it's mechanical/electronic, it's Joe's.

Mostly, the kids do the dishes. Whichever adult wasn't responsible for dinner that night gets to be responsible for supervising the kids as they clean up.

If I want the carpets vacuumed or the floor mopped, Joe and the boys are happy to do it. If I want it deep-cleaned, I do it myself, because I'm better at it.

I sneak out of the house to do the grocery shopping on my own, because I hate taking him to stores with me. He drives me batshit.

It's just the Wife and I.
We pay for most things menial like house cleaning,yard work and pool maintenance.
I deal with sprinkler system issues,most electrical,installing new appliances and what not and she does the laundry and sous chef duties.
We get a lot of our groceries delivered other than meat and veggies so that helps wth our free time.

How old are you, anyway?

Thank You!

No competition. And this isn’t what you started off saying. S’matter? You realized you sounded silly?

And how is it different?

You ghey..

Im desperate because i can't seem to find clothes anywhere in 2018

That's nothing, Monday I have to take my wife 105 miles for her to buy panties! And I'm not kidding!

My friend who got married last year never cooks because she is a VP at her job and gets home at 10pm

So they eat out every night lol

That's nothing, Monday I have to take my wife 105 miles for her to buy panties! And I'm not kidding!

Because you submissive

Because you submissive
Because I love my wife.

Because you submissive
Because I love my wife.

You letting her walk all over you man

Because you submissive
Because I love my wife.

Go fuck yourself moron. You'll never be married.

Because you submissive
Because I love my wife.

Go fuck yourself moron. You'll never be married.

Fill up that gas tank mikey

So your friend should look like you? :biggrin:

Forum List

Back