So this is one of the benefits of marriage for a man besides SEX?

My whole life is "casual" so I do most of my own clothes shopping. My wife buys me stuff that I would never pick out for myself, and yet when I wear that stuff I invariably get compliments. My own stuff...not any.

I suppose there is a lesson in that.

Lesson:

Most women have their own unique taste!

fbj don't know about "the drill". All I know is that he's putting the last thing first. I'd have to call a relative to get all 5 things.

My friend posted a picture of himself on facebook with a nice shirt on and I wanted to know where did his clothes shopping. He said his wife does his clothes shopping??

This can't be the case for all married men

If not married I’d have to train my dog to fetch my beer!

It does not work, the smarter breeds will drink it dry before it ever reaches you hand.

My friend posted a picture of himself on facebook with a nice shirt on and I wanted to know where did his clothes shopping. He said his wife does his clothes shopping??

If not married I’d have to train my dog to fetch my beer!

When I first met the wife she had a Golden retriever that would fetch anything you pointed at.
Crombie won many competitions and could do up to eight marks.
He could open the fridge or an ice chest and bring you a beer.
He even brought in the trash cans...or steal the neighbors paper.

I considered marrying her dog but he was a male......

The best part?
Not having to do laundry.

What planet do you live on?

Dont matter.
If we lived on Mars she'd still do the laundry.

Would be hard for you to get a wife now.

How old are you, anyway?

You are aware it isn’t 1950 anymore, right?

We've been married for 28 years come July. ...Oh....she had a scholarship to Princeton as well.
The thing you dont get is that I do most of the cooking because I enjoy it. She cleans the kitchen because she knows she cant cook.
It's the understanding of our limitations that makes our marriage great.

No, but it's the case for a lot of them.

Aside from his treasured "superhero" T-shirts, my husband exhibits a magnificent indifference to all matters clothing, so long as he's comfortable. I periodically go through his wardrobe, throw out the stuff I'd be embarrassed to have anyone see him in, and then buy him whatever new clothes he needs, and he wears whatever he's handed.

They love shopping, we hate shopping.

It’s a perfect example of the win win situation.

Hey, he shops for the things he cares about, I shop for the things I care about. Fortunately for him, I care about not sending my menfolk into the world looking like homeless bums.

Yup

It varies by couple, but in general, I do believe wives shop for their husbands' clothes. I do for mr. boe...and I do the laundry. I'm very particular about the laundry.

It varies by couple, but in general, I do believe wives shop for their husbands' clothes. I do for mr. boe...and I do the laundry. I'm very particular about the laundry.

There is that. I'd like my clothes to last longer than a couple of months. That's why I give him very specific instructions, and do the sorting myself.

There is that. I'd like my clothes to last longer than a couple of months. That's why I give him very specific instructions, and do the sorting myself.

I wash clothes in cold water, extra rinse, then hang up to dry. I cannot stand fabric softeners or baked in the dryer clothing.

I wash clothes in cold water, extra rinse, then hang up to dry. I cannot stand fabric softeners or baked in the dryer clothing.

I prefer my pants dried with a fabric softener, especially my jeans, because I can't bear how stiff and rough the fabric feels on my skin.

But yeah, there are far too many tricks to preserving one's clothes in the laundry for me to try to teach them all to him.

The best part?

Dont matter.

How old are you, anyway?

You are aware that there are still women who don't think marriage should be a competition, right?

How is not wanting to be properly a”competition”? That’s kind of weird.

The best part?

My husband does the laundry, although I sort it and tell him exactly what settings to use and how much soap. Lifting baskets of clothing is difficult for me since I began developing arthritis in my hands and wrists.

I dont mind the laundry so much as the folding and hanging.
But than I do the majority of the cooking.

The best part?

Dont matter.

How old are you, anyway?

You are aware that there are still women who don't think marriage should be a competition, right?

How is not wanting to be properly a”competition”? That’s kind of weird.

Viewing any expectation that you will take responsibility for "women's work" - aka shit that needs to get done - as "being property" is a competition.

You do the laundry because people need clean clothes, and/or because you know how you want your clothes cared for. You wash the dishes because what are you supposed to eat off of otherwise. You clean the house because who wants to live in a messy dump.

Can't even imagine being a man and having to live with a woman who has to make every aspect of daily life into an "empowerment" battle.

Forum List

Back