Lemon juice MAY help

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
Last Friday, I went to the emergency room of a very respected hospital here in Los Angeles.

I was told that the excruciating pain in my lower left abdomen was due to the passing of a kidney stone.

(If any of you have had this pain, you will know what I experienced.)

This respected hospital gave me a handout when I left.

It suggested some ways to TRY to prevent kidney stones:

a. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily.
b. Limit the amount of salt.
c. Eat less meat, fish, nuts, and dairy. (I eat enormous amounts of ice cream.)
d. Avoid spinach, rhubarb, nuts , or bran.

It did not mention what my urologist had suggested about five years ago: Drink a half-cup of lemon juice every day. (According to some Web sources, it's OK to mix the lemon juice in a class of water.) The lemon juice MAY help to prevent the formation of kidney stones.

A very "funny" episode of the TV comedy sensation "Friends" involves Joey suffering from a kidney stone.

Last Friday, I went to the emergency room of a very respected hospital here in Los Angeles.

I was told that the excruciating pain in my lower left abdomen was due to the passing of a kidney stone.

It did not mention what my urologist had suggested about five years ago: Drink a half-cup of lemon juice every day. (According to some Web sources, it's OK to mix the lemon juice in a class of water.) The lemon juice MAY help to prevent the formation of kidney stones.

A very "funny" episode of the TV comedy sensation "Friends" involves Joey suffering from a kidney stone.

"d. Avoid spinach, rhubarb, nuts , or bran." WTF? That is my favorite, dude.

There is nothing "funny" about kidney stones.

Some years ago, I had my first kidney stone attack. When I got to the hospital, the triage nurse hands me a container to pee in. To see if there is blood in the urine. She looks at me and says, if there's blood it's a stone, otherwise, your appendix is about to explode. i hope, for your sake, that your appendix is about to explode.

There are certain things that are not supposed to pass through certain orifices.

I have had 14 kidney stones.
Yes, you read that right.

Having said that, [knock on wood] I have not had another one in about 6-7 years. Only 1 in the last 15 years.
What worked for me... years ago I drank 2-3 cans of soda a day. Now - ZERO.
I drank a glass of milk with cookies etc. almost every night shortly before bed. Now, I rarely do so.

That's it.
It is proven that Soda pop concentrates urine, which is a key factor in stone production.
Also eating/drinking foods high in calcium after 6pm is a major contributer.
I cut those two things out and went from having multiple stones every year to only having 1 in 15 years.

Forum List

Back