So the same Conservatives who wanted us to default...

Obama wanted a default, remember? He kept saying there would be one when there was no chance of it happening. Sorry to have to remind you of reality. Too bad republicans caved to the dems and we got this piece of shit legislation that did nothing to help the debt situation. But at least the debt ceiling got raised. yay

Last edited:
The whole time they were swinging it like an axe at the American people they said it would do nothing to the economy.

They sometimes display mental illness

are now acting as if the credit downgrade is a disaster,

and it's Obama's fault?

Seriously? Did they really think default would not also lead to a credit downgrade??

Didn't they think that default would be no big deal? That we'd just pay the interest and everything would be fine??

CriticalThinking.org - Defining Critical Thinking
You won't believe this, but I have been told here by someone that critical thinking is nothing but a right wing concept.

I should have said, 'thank you' but I think I just posted :cuckoo:.

Then why were all the libs screaming like banshees that if we didn't raise the limit that our credit would be downgraded. Well, hells bells, look at just what happened. We went further into debt and STILL got downgraded. Anyone who knows how to balance a checkbook knew this was coming due to our reckless, irresponsible behavior.

So you just ignore what the very people who downgraded us said about WHY they did it?

No of course not

which is why

With Downgrade, time to remove boondoggle of ObamaCare off the back of the US economy

Indeed,
with the Left mantra of "more tax more tax", they say PapaObama is off the table

Even CBO says PapoObama Care kills jobs

CBO Says ObamaCare Will Kill 800,000 Jobs
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jskjci1ZL9Q]‪800,000 Jobs Gone: CBO Admits Health Care Law Will Kill Jobs‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Some studies have shown that PapaObama care is having a real impact on
killing jobs NOW

Analysis: Job Growth Was 10-Fold Higher Before the Democrats Passed Obamacare

“Private-sector job creation initially recovered from the recession at a normal rate, leading to predictions last year of a “Recovery Summer.” Since April 2010, however, net private-sector job creation has stalled. Within two months of the passage of Obamacare, the job market stopped improving. This suggests that businesses are not exaggerating when they tell pollsters that the new health care law is holding back hiring.”

Sherk writes that Obamacare “discourages employers from hiring in several ways:

and it's Obama's fault?

Seriously? Did they really think default would not also lead to a credit downgrade??

Didn't they think that default would be no big deal? That we'd just pay the interest and everything would be fine??

Michele Bachmann voted against raising the debt and definitely did want to default;

now she's ranting about how the president is to blame for this horrible downgrade.

She WANTED a downgrade, and more. As did any and all conservatives who were willing to default.

and it's Obama's fault?

You won't believe this, but I have been told here by someone that critical thinking is nothing but a right wing concept.

From the evidence available on this board, it does seem to be a right wing concept. I'm not seeing much evidence of any critical thought from the lefties. They appear to prefer having their 'thoughts' given to them by the media.

The downgrade is clearly a consequence of the TPM’s tactic of obstruction, extremism, and lies. The financial well being is clearly the responsibility of Congress, the House in particular, given its Constitutional mandate to control the purse strings. Congress alone is responsible to pass legislation in a timely manner to ensure the Nation’s financial house is in order.

At this the House has failed miserably. And to blame Obama is an insult to the intelligence of the American people, their disdain for Congress and the TPM is evidence they know the GOP is responsible for this and other economic failures.

The tragedy of this is, of course, it could have all be avoided. Had the House acted responsibly and worked with the Senate and president to develop a plan to heal the economy, faith in the debt and markets would be much higher. Instead they elected to play partisan politics, to make ‘getting rid of Obama’ their number one priority, not jobs and the economic recovery.

So you just ignore what the very people who downgraded us said about WHY they did it?

S & P downgraded the U.S. credit rating because NOT ENOUGH BUDGET CUTS WERE MADE. It's as simple as that.

S & P told the knuckleheads in D.C. that a MINIMUM of $4 trillion in cuts needed to be made to maintain the AAA rating.

Go ahead and blame it on the Republicans. They tried to cut the budget more, but the Obamanistas wouldn't do it.

The partisan politics on display in this forum are EXACTLY why this country is going to hell.

Keep playing these games, and this country will be GONE in short order.

and it's Obama's fault?

Michele Bachmann voted against raising the debt and definitely did want to default;

now she's ranting about how the president is to blame for this horrible downgrade.

She WANTED a downgrade, and more. As did any and all conservatives who were willing to default.

I see, first - to quote Modbert-

Cool, so we're defining entire political spectrums by one person now?

:lol:

in any event, critical thinking is required to parse what I thought was a simple message- we have to deal wiht the issue, not assemble some political attuned patchwork BS, under threat of such we would deal with it, yet? and here we are.

IF that meant ( and I do not agree wholly) default would have focused out minds and forced the changes necessary a downgrade or default would be dim memories, since we would have turned a corner and put ourselves on a sound fiscal/financial footing. that was and IS the key.

S & P downgraded the U.S. credit rating because NOT ENOUGH BUDGET CUTS WERE MADE. It's as simple as that.

S & P told the knuckleheads in D.C. that a MINIMUM of $4 trillion in cuts needed to be made to maintain the AAA rating.

Go ahead and blame it on the Republicans. They tried to cut the budget more, but the Obamanistas wouldn't do it.

The partisan politics on display in this forum are EXACTLY why this country is going to hell.

Keep playing these games, and this country will be GONE in short order.

Standard & Poors had to maintain their credibility. They already know that this administration has none left.

in any event, critical thinking is required to parse what I thought was a simple message- we have to deal wiht the issue, not assemble some political attuned patchwork BS, under threat of such we would deal with it, yet? and here we are.

IF that meant ( and I do not agree wholly) default would have focused out minds and forced the changes necessary a downgrade or default would be dim memories, since we would have turned a corner and put ourselves on a sound fiscal/financial footing. that was and IS the key.

So now we're going to pretend that only Michele Bachmann was opposed to raising the debt ceiling?

What a surprise. Another rightwing history revision.

and it's Obama's fault?

So you wish to join the deniers here who are now claiming that was no support of any amount on the Right for not raising the debt ceiling?

So now we're going to pretend that only Michele Bachmann was opposed to raising the debt ceiling?

What a surprise. Another rightwing history revision.

I think it's worth highlighting how far over your head Trajan's post went.

Forum List

Back