So the same Conservatives who wanted us to default...

are now acting as if the credit downgrade is a disaster,

and it's Obama's fault?

Seriously? Did they really think default would not also lead to a credit downgrade??

Didn't they think that default would be no big deal? That we'd just pay the interest and everything would be fine??

and of course you are prepared to list the names of the Republicans who wanted us to default, right?

You won't believe this, but I have been told here by someone that critical thinking is nothing but a right wing concept.

I should have said, 'thank you' but I think I just posted :cuckoo:.

So you wish to join the deniers here who are now claiming that was no support of any amount on the Right for not raising the debt ceiling?
What the hell are you going on about?

Read the words I posted and stop listening to what the voices in your head say my words said.

Mitt Romney said he would not vote for the last minute bill to avoid default. That puts him in the pro-default camp.

Now HE'S ranting about the terrible downgrade that Obama caused.

So you just ignore what the very people who downgraded us said about WHY they did it?

S & P downgraded the U.S. credit rating because NOT ENOUGH BUDGET CUTS WERE MADE. It's as simple as that.

S & P told the knuckleheads in D.C. that a MINIMUM of $4 trillion in cuts needed to be made to maintain the AAA rating.

Go ahead and blame it on the Republicans. They tried to cut the budget more, but the Obamanistas wouldn't do it.

The partisan politics on display in this forum are EXACTLY why this country is going to hell.

Keep playing these games, and this country will be GONE in short order.

Oh really?

Then go get the full statement they released and we will see.

You won't believe this, but I have been told here by someone that critical thinking is nothing but a right wing concept.

I should have said, 'thank you' but I think I just posted :cuckoo:.

So you wish to join the deniers here who are now claiming that was no support of any amount on the Right for not raising the debt ceiling?
What the hell are you going on about?

Read the words I posted and stop listening to what the voices in your head say my words said.

Let me redirect your attention.

Why are the conservatives who wanted default and an inevitable downgrade even worse than this one now ranting about how awful the downgrade is and blaming it on the president?

and it's Obama's fault?

Seriously? Did they really think default would not also lead to a credit downgrade??

Didn't they think that default would be no big deal? That we'd just pay the interest and everything would be fine??

CriticalThinking.org - Defining Critical Thinking

Michele Bachmann voted against raising the debt and definitely did want to default;

now she's ranting about how the president is to blame for this horrible downgrade.

She WANTED a downgrade, and more. As did any and all conservatives who were willing to default.

and now of course, you will be so kind as to cite just ONE instance where Michelle Bachmann stated she wanted us to default, right?

So you just ignore what the very people who downgraded us said about WHY they did it?

lol, as long as you've been here you're perplexed by that??

Of course these nuts will ignore the facts that don't fit the story they're currently manufacturing.

Yes of course you are correct on that one my friend.

I just cant help hoping the rest of the world will see their insanity and see them for brains damaged party they are.

You guys are losing focus of the real purpose behind all the Republican efforts. Their stated intent is to get rid of Barack Obama. The debt crisis debate, their refusal to even consider revenue increases, and the FAA crap are all part of a GOP concerted effort to take Obama out. That is their stated purpose and they plan to do everything they can to accomplish it, even if it means taking the US economy down. They are determined to see Obama lose in 2012.

I have come to the conclusion that there are some in the Tea Party, many who are friends of mine, who are genuinely concerned about the nation's debt. I speak particularly of those who aren't racist at heart. They have a noble mission even if their efforts are confusing and misdirected. The GOP has used the noble concerns of the Tea Party to advance and promote their mission to remove Obama.

The downgrade is exactly what many in the GOP wanted to see. I mean, candidate Bachmann should be very happy this morning. Her efforts and votes lead to the US being downgraded.

So, it comes down to Party over Nation. The GOP has but Party over Nation as a mechanism to remove their "Satan", Barack Obama.

and it's Obama's fault?

and of course you are prepared to list the names of the Republicans who wanted us to default, right?

They unanimously voted down a clean debt ceiling bill in May. As soon as they attached conditions to it,

they were willing to see default happen.

and it's Obama's fault?

This is why liberalism deserves no respect. I keep asking you and the other liberals if we have $20 billion in interest payments and we have $200 billion in revenue why we would ever "default." We wouldn't. The lie works, you just keep running with it. That you have to run with a lie is what should give you pause to reflect on your own positions. The truth is not your friend. That should be a problem for even you.

And the answer to your question is that it wasn't the "default" or the downgrade which is the issue, it's the out of control spending. That hasn't changed, that's why the reaction hasn't changed. I mean duh. You really didn't get that?

Mitt Romney said he would not vote for the last minute bill to avoid default. That puts him in the pro-default camp.

Now HE'S ranting about the terrible downgrade that Obama caused.
The default was inevitable. Romney was not going to vote for a bill that did not cut because that is needed to fix the inevitable.

It's not rocket science.

You guys are losing focus of the real purpose behind all the Republican efforts. Their stated intent is to get rid of Barack Obama. The debt crisis debate, their refusal to even consider revenue increases, and the FAA crap are all part of a GOP concerted effort to take Obama out. That is their stated purpose and they plan to do everything they can to accomplish it, even if it means taking the US economy down. They are determined to see Obama lose in 2012.

I have come to the conclusion that there are some in the Tea Party, many who are friends of mine, who are genuinely concerned about the nation's debt. I speak particularly of those who aren't racist at heart. They have a noble mission even if their efforts are confusing and misdirected. The GOP has used the noble concerns of the Tea Party to advance and promote their mission to remove Obama.

The downgrade is exactly what many in the GOP wanted to see. I mean, candidate Bachmann should be very happy this morning. Her efforts and votes lead to the US being downgraded.

So, it comes down to Party over Nation. The GOP has but Party over Nation as a mechanism to remove their "Satan", Barack Obama.

Lets see: RECORD deficits, RECORD Debt, RECORD numbers on Food Stamps and now finally the FIRST credit downgrade in US history!

Yep...those evil Republicans are sure having their way with poor old Obama!

Obama wanted a default, remember? He kept saying there would be one when there was no chance of it happening. Sorry to have to remind you of reality. Too bad republicans caved to the dems and we got this piece of shit legislation that did nothing to help the debt situation. But at least the debt ceiling got raised. yay

If Obama wanted a default, he wouldn't have signed the compromise.

As the President, he was the absolute bottleneck for getting this compromise through. He had to sign it, which he did.

So now that we got the downgrade anyways, the talking point is going to be that the GOP caved to the demands of the Democrats? I don't recall changes in the tax code in this compromise.

Revisionist history is so lame.

lol, as long as you've been here you're perplexed by that??

Of course these nuts will ignore the facts that don't fit the story they're currently manufacturing.

Yes of course you are correct on that one my friend.

I just cant help hoping the rest of the world will see their insanity and see them for brains damaged party they are.

Every time you speak your dog's lips move...

If Obama wanted a default, he wouldn't have signed the compromise

Actually he would because then even with the liberal media spreading the lie we were going to "default" (interest payments are $20 billion/month, tax revenue is $200 billion/month), it would be hard to explain why we didn't default. He absolutely had to sign it.

and it's Obama's fault?

Reality check... Downgrade was unavoidable because of government spending.

and it's Obama's fault?

Name the ones who said they wanted a default? List em.

Forum List

Back